The Queens - Leeds
$70
$75
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Leeds(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$60
$58
$95
$90
$80
  • Restaurant
Novotel Leeds Centre(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$65
$62
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Leeds East(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$47
HIExpress.com
Roomzzz Leeds City West(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$80
$60
  • Breakfast included
Cosmopolitan Hotel(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$55
$49
3,482 results
All reviewsart decoq clubtrain stationq hotelsvalet parkingcity squaretravelling by trainjunior suitelovely hotelcentral locationreception staffbreakfast was excellentstandard roomfull englishlovely roomstayed for one nighttea and coffee
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Next door to Leeds main railway station, the outside of the hotel is fine, but pretty ordinary. Don't be fooled; whether you are staying there or not, have a little nose this little Art Décor gem. Okay, I am not skilled enough to say whether it is original or new, but it works. Check out the lift doors in reception: brilliant. Or the doors on each room - looks like something from The Great Gatsby or Jeeves and Wooster.

The room we had was very specious with a king http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/sized bed and the Art Décor theme was continued in the room. You know how a lot of hotel bathrooms look a bit tired? Maybe we got lucky, but the bathroom looked spanking new. Also, if you have read any of my other reviews, you'll know I love peace and quiet. I was little worried as there seemed to be a couple of hen parties staying (and I had forgotten my ear plugs), but we had an end of corridor room and I slept like a top.

We only stayed there, we were meeting people in Leeds, so I can't say what the grub was like. However, the front of house staff were great. One minor quibble is there is no in-room safe, but the reception people stored our valuables no problem and were very friendly throughout our stay.

Leeds is "up and coming" and there are all the usual chain hotels you would expect. I think this chain only has 21 hotels, all in the UK. No offence to the worldwide corporates, but try this place (especially if you get a good rate like we did) and you will feel "reet at home" as they say in Leeds.

Room Tip: We got an end of corridor room, which was lovely and quiet.
1  Thank Merglys
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Merglys

thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay, I was very pleased to read you thoroughly enjoyed your Art Deco surroundings; which has been lovingly restored from it's 1937 heritage.

Pleased too that you found it's excellent central location perfect for your needs and very much look forward to welcoming you back some time in the future.

Warm regards

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Stayed one night with family for my daughters graduation. Excellent and courteous staff, very clean, large double room on the 4th floor. . Breakfast was very good, all you need. Good location for bars & restaurants. I will definitely stay here again if I come back to the area.

Room Tip: Room 531 was a double with a huge bathroom.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear oster27

Firstly, many congratulations to your daughter for her graduation, you must be very proud. Very pleased that you had a wonderful stay with us too and hope that we have the opportunity of welconing you back some time in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 25, 2014

This hotel is well placed in the centre of Leeds. It has retained it's art-deco style and is quite charming. On arrival the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, as indeed were all the staff I came across. I had a suite on the 8th floor, no view particularly but thankfully quiet for a city centre hotel. Nice bathroom and pleasant enough room, unfortunately let down by a very uncomfortable bed. The double was 2 singles pushed together with a very noticeable join between the two, it wasn't very forgiving either. The pillows were also really uncomfortable. The service and quality of this hotel deserves a 5 rating, but the bed unfortunately let it down.

Dear kate234

Thank you for posting a review of your stay and found your Art Deco surroundings a pleasure. I was pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your time with us, however i will of course take your comments on board regarding the bed comfort and thank you for your feedback.

We hope you have the chance to stay with us again soon.

Warmest regards

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stopped one night on business. What is it with UK hotels and them not providing toothbrushes or shavers?
Fortunately I took my own after discovering this at another hotel last week.
I think I had an Exec room that included breakfast.
Rooms were large. Usual TV programmes plus Sky news.
Shower located above bath but powerful and hot. Toiletries included shampoo and soap.
Coffee/tea making facilities. Nice coffee that went through a filter bag.
Complimentary water in a fridge for use.
Room quiet
Breakfast for buffet and had plenty of options
Car parking for one night was 15 pounds. They take the keys from you outside the hotel and have the car parked outside for you at a time you specify.
Plenty of eating places around the hotel should you want to eat outside.

Dear Woowoo101

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us at The Queens, I was very pleased to read that you had a very enjoyable stay with us and hope that you have the opportunity to welcome you back some time in the future.

Warm regards

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights over the weekend of the Tour de France. I had spread my options given the likely demand and potential (surprise) double booking that can go on at times like this and also booked rooms at the Radisson. Knowing that the radsisson was probably going to be better (but because I was there with a bunch of mates) I let them take by far the better hotel. The room was 50% more expensive thann the other and with a 'phone that wouldn't call room service / house keeping / concierge et. and a shower so hopeless I had to take a bath...this was not value for money. As we also booked a twin room it's hard to imagine why the beds are pushed together to make a double. As much as I like my mate, the thought of waking up facing him in the cold light of day was enough to make us have to rearrange the furniture in the room! Bizarre. Not a great selection o the TV (no Sky channels for example) and overall just a bit grubby. Anyway, after a day's cycling it was sufficient to put our head down. That's about it....

Room Tip: If you do go you might as well get a room overlooking City Square rather than the train station....
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank StueygHarpenden
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear StueygHarpenden

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay, I was extremely embarrased to read the nature of your complaint and at this late stage I can only offer you my sincere apologies. I will certainly address the comments raised with our maintenance manager and wouldl ike to assure you that this is certainly not our usual standard of quailty or service.

Thank you again for your valuable constructive criticism and hope that we are able to restore your faith in our hotel at some point in the future.

Kind regards