“A Wonderful Art Deco Hotel”
Review of The Queens - Leeds

The Queens - Leeds
Ranked #14 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Having stayed in several Q Hotels, each with their own style, The Queens is certainly unique. The Art Deco decoration, fixtures and fittings give you a sense of being in an Agatha Christie film with Poirot.

We stayed in a good sized room on the second floor which was both clean and comfortable and had one of the largest beds I think I have ever slept in!

The hotel is ideally placed to be able to walk (in a matter of minutes) to the shops, bars and city attractions. There is a tourist information centre just behind the hotel (in the station) which is useful for local travel information and local maps. There is plenty to do and see in Leeds.

Breakfast was very pleasant and providing a wide range of hot and cold food in a buffet style. Our only thought was that the bar area wasn't as relaxed as at other Q Hotel and the drinks seemed very expensive (I do realise that it is a city hotel but nonetheless).

Hotel staff were friendly and helpful from the moment we booked to the moment we left. The car parking service is a must for staying in the city.

All in all a very pleasant stay so thank you to all at The Queens.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear MRB01

Delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us recently and were able to take the opportunity to enjoy our excellent location for exploring the city. I will certainly pass on your kind thoughts to the team who I am sure will see them as a great source of motivation.

I do hope you have the opportunity of staying with us again soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here this weekend on a one night city break visiting leeds for the first time. The first thing I can say about this hotel is the fantastic location, centre to the nightlife and buzz of the city we were impressed from arrival. The enterance hall is very grand and our car was parked almost imediatly by the concierge desk for a reasonable charge.

On check in despite being 3pm our room was not ready and we were told that they would check on the room and that it would be around 20 minutes. Not in any hurry we left our luggage and had a drink in the queens bar lounge where we experianced great service. The lady julie who checked us in however did tell us that she would arrange our luggage to be taken to the room, and that the keys would be brought round to us in the bar lounge: neither of these things happened, not a big problem but a slight let down on behalf of the receptionist and maybe miscomunication with the concierge desk.

The room itself we could not fault, had a great nights sleep. Cannot comment on the food as we didnt eat here but check out the Sunday morning was good, a special mention to Andrew who worked on the concierge desk who was extreemly helpful to us both with luggage, directions, providing a map and showing us to the car. Overall we both enjoyed our stay here and would recomend but would expect improvements in the front desk area.

Dear MissViki

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I was very pleased that you were able to use our excellent location to explore the City. I was sorry to learn that you did not receive our usual standard of service and will certainly address your comments with our Front Of House Manager.

I do hope you have the opportunity of visiting us again soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed at the Queens hotel for two nights for Valentines .The room was brilliant, cosy and very clean with a separate sitting area and a fridge.
The breakfast was excellent, fruit ,cereals, pastries, and cooked .
The main thing that stood out for us , the staff were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you.
We have not stayed here before, but would definitely go back, and would recommend it

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear AngelinaHolmfirth

Many thanks for allowing us to help celebrate such a romantic weekend, I was so pleased to read that you had a very enjoyable stay with us and will certainly pass on you kind thoughts to the team.

I hope to have the opportuity of welcoming you both back soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed here for two nights to attend a wedding reception. Nothing was too much trouble and from entering the hotel, throughout the whole stay and during the actual wedding party every single member of staff could not have worked harder. I would particularly like to mention the two concierge's ANDY and DAVID who looked after me and made my stay so much easier. The whole Event Organising Team for their dedication to detail, professional and pleasant manor, the reception staff who greet you, at any time with a smile and really are there to help and even the cleaner on floor 7 who went out of her way to make sure I had everything I needed. I would HIGHLY recommend a stay here and certainly if you are planning a function, consider this a venue - you will NOT be dissappointed! As a professional events planner myself I was most impressed! WELL DONE to each and every one of you!

Room Tip: I do not think there are any 'bad' rooms?
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Dear Hazel8976

I was thrilled to read you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay for such a joyous occasion. I will certainly pass on your kind comments to the team and in particular both David and Andy as I am sure they will love to hear that their hard work and dedication was appreciated.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I have no problem with the hotel but unfortunately we did not get a great night sleep as the air conditioning was broken. When we entered the room it felt like we were a abroad with 30 degree temperatures. In actual fact it was 2 degrees outside. The windows stated a message 'do not open'. So we could not cool the room down.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear ChrisD D

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I was very sorry to learn that not everything went according to plan. I will certainly address the comments made with our maintenance team in order to ensure this problems you encountered are rectified.

Please be assured that this is not our usual standard of quality and would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

This was our 2nd stay at this Great hotel. Fantastic location, staff very friendly and helpful! We arrived early to make the most of the day, our car was parked and we was registered for our room, bags were taken care of and we could then go off and enjoy our day, arriving back later to find our room was ready and our bags had already been taken up and put in our room. Staff couldn't do enough even tho it was a busy Saturday and valentines weekend. Can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Vickyle83

Thank you for once again choosing to stay with us at The Queens, delighted that once again you had a wonderful time. Really looking forward to welcoming you back once again.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Myself and my girlfriend stayed in the Queens for one night and from the very outset it was a pleasure. Our flight arrived at 9 in the morning and when we got to the hotel we assumed we would have to wait till 3 to check in but they had seen our booking comment saying we were arriving early and our room was ready when we got there (with a complimentary upgrade to a superior room). All the staff were so friendly and efficient ( in particular the woman who checked us in and out) they couldn't have been more helpful. The room was spotless, the beds were comfy and the view was great. Would definitely reccomend to others and will 100% be returning in the future.

Room Tip: Just show up
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Keith91

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for sharing your thoughts with the wider travelling community. I was so pleased to read that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay from start to finish. Delighted too that the team were friendly and efficient and will certainly pass on your kind thoughts to them.

I do hope to see you again soon.