“Won't stay here again!”
Review of The Queens - Leeds

The Queens - Leeds
Ranked #16 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Just looked at the hotels website!!!! My bedroom definitely does not look like the standard room shown and described. Misleading your customers!!!

rooms in my opinion are below standard!

Thus is what they advertise ....

'There's nothing standard about any of our standard guest rooms. They're large, beautifully decorated with modern furnishings, comfortable and equipped with everything you need to chill out.

En-suite facilities including bath and showerFree internet access - so don't forget your laptop!Trouser press or ironing facilitiesTea and coffee making facilitiesHairdryerFlat screen TV with selected Sky channels and pre-pay moviesDirect dial telephoneRoom service menuAir conditioningQ-signature bed'

I checked in this evening and looking forward to checking out in the morning!!!!

I will never stay in this hotel again-rooms are not great and the bedding is disgusting!!!! I dont feel clean staying here!

I have stayed in QHotels (Cheltenham Chase) on many many many occasions (I used to stay there for two weeks at a time consistently) so thought you would be a safe bet! Very very very disappointed!

Hotel looks fab online... I selected it for its close proximity to my business venue. Its literally next door to Leeds Train Station so that was great. Checked-in, reception looked very nice.... Went up to my room 637... In less than a moment I was on the phone to reception to ask to change rooms... The room depressed me and I could not even bear to spend a minute in it let alone the night! The bedding was awful - cheap and badly needs changing!!! Charlie was very good and agreed for me to change rooms with no fuss at all. I am literally now in room 632 which had a better feel to it but its still old fashioned and cheap looking.

I did book a double bed and I am now in a single bed and the bedding is awful... The duvet is as thin as a pancake - if this is the standard of bedding in the hotel then I am annoyed that it takes a guest to have to raise it as an issue and that housekeeping management have not taken responsibility to deal with it! Looking forward to checking out in the morning... I will never stay here again and would not recommend it! The only thing I am happy with is that wifi is free and unlimited!

An unhappy guest,

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!
1  Thank austinfamily
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear austinfamily

Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive review, I was sorry however to read that you had a disappointing stay with us. As you stated, we did everything we could to ensure your stay was more pleasing and apologise that you were left uninspired by your Art Deco surroundings; as per my correspondence this is sometimes a matter of taste and 1930s decor is not to everyone's liking.

I was pleased however that you were offered alternative bedroom and hope that my offer of a return visit in an upgraded room will go some way to restoring your faith in our hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Jacquie Hanson

Write a ReviewReviews (3,378)

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Nice clean hotel,clean comfortable bed, good English breakfast , No complaints,I was worried about parking but they do offer valet parking so not an issue
Will return when next in Leeds, short walk to Harvey nicks and the fabulous Victorian arcades

Room Tip: Use the valet parking
1  Thank Tileman_13

Dear Tileman_13

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, delighted you had a good stay with us, looking forward to seeing you in the new year.

Regards

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I stayed with my family in connecting superior rooms. Rooms were clean (apart from under the beds where I had to go to retrieve a star wars figure my grandson had placed there). Staff were helpful. Parking difficult (hotel car park full and was directed to another alledgedly charging £5 per day. This was true but did not start until 5 pm on a Friday evening and runs over the weekend. We checked in at 4.20 pm on Friday and were charged £17.50 for one hour forty minutes on the Friday evening - hotel needs to check out the information that they are providing). Food was fine. Location is excellent for city centre access and this was why we stayed here again.Noise from traffic can be a problem due to secondary glazing rather than double glazing and we could not cool the rooms down despite having been shown as air con seemed to have been switched off centrally.

Room Tip: Arrive early to get a hotel parking place (may charge for valet parking) or park on street and pay l...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear WilliamWrawby

Thanky you for posting your review, happy to see that you had a good stay with us, thank you too for the information regarding parking, I will certainly pass on the details to our front of house team.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Went to the First Direct Arena to the BBC Sports Personality Awards & booked this hotel in advance.What a good choice this turned out to be. We were upgraded to the Executive floor in a suite & I can only say what a wonderful room. Loads of room & beautifully set out. The staff were also very helpful & could not do enough for you. The hotel itself is full of character & charm & I cannot fault it in anyway. Situated within a 5 minute walk of the town centre so everything you need is here. We will definitely stay here again should the opportunity arise.

Room Tip: Within a 5 minute walk of the City Centre.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Paul01543

Sounds like you had an amazing time, what a treat, Sports Personality of the Year and QClub. do visit us again soon; maybe Tour de France, Leeds is certainly the place to be

Reviewed December 16, 2013

If you like clean line, modern boutique hotels with no character then this hotel is not for you. The hotel has kept it's Art Deco charm and quirkiness. Bedrooms:- Average size, clean and good facilities - fridge, TV, tea/coffee, hairdryer etc. We had a front facing room and did not find it noisy at all, but it was a Sunday night so it might have been quieter than a saturday! Bathrooms:- on the small size, the bath is very small and the plastic shower curtains let it down. Reception:- Friendly and quick check-in. Bar area:- nice, relaxing atmosphere, drinks prices what you'd expect in a hotel. Breakfast:- Amazing! It was one of the best hotel breakfasts I've had. The food was a good quality (no cheap sausages), plenty of choice and attentive staff.
Overall:- The stay was very pleasant, I love the old Art Deco feel of the hotel. The only negative I have was the shower curtain, but in the grand scheme of things this is just a minor niggle.
Would defo recommend if you like oldy worldy hotels!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SFeather

Dear SFeather

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review, I was delighted to read you had a wonderful stay with us and hope that we will see you soon.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed at the hotel on 21st November we booked nine rooms as we were having a works do in Leeds. On arrival I asked if I could leave a box with them and collect when we return after our night out as the box contained gifts for people. The staff said yes no problem and that the box would be safe as only staff have access to the room. Upon our return that night I asked for the box and when I opened it one of the bottles had been stolen from it. I reported this to the night manager who said if you buy another and get the receipt we will reimburse the cost. The next morning I spoke to the day manager and said I was unhappy to buy another bottle at which time they said would you like us to replace it. Which they did.

It is such a shame of my experience as the hotel was really nice and the rooms where spacious. And the valet parking for £16 is a nice added touch. I would like to return to the hotel however I have had no feedback from the hotel such as telephone call/letter of apology since this which I think is terrible customer service considering one of their staff stole from me.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear gary r

I am genuinely saddened that the hotel, on this occasion, was exposed to the elements of a modern society, I'm afraid prudence with regards to personal belongings is sadly required. I do hope that this one off experience has not tainted your view of the hotel and I was pleased to read that we were at least able to replace the item for you.

I hope we get the opportunity to restore your faith and look forward to welcoming you back some time in the future.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed a night at the Queens and can't wait to return. Hotel staff were very friendly and the rooms so comfortable. The hotel is a stunning piece of history and step out of the door and you have easy access to all that Leeds has to offer

Dear Y0rkshireLass40

And we very much looking forward to welcoming you back, thank you

Warm regards