“excellent stay”
Review of The Queens - Leeds

The Queens - Leeds
Ranked #16 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Queens Hotel on Friday 23rd august for 1 night this was our 3rd stay and again we thoroughly enjoyed it, check in was quick and we were able to go to our room straight away, we stayed in room 510 the room was lovely very big and very clean the bed was comfy and we had a good nights sleep. The staff were friendly and couldn't do enough to help, the service in the bar was second to none.
We had a full English breakfast Saturaday morning which was very tasty.
Thankyou to all at the Queens Hotel

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gary s
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear gary s

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, I was delighted to read that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay with us and had time to sample our legendary breakfast. I do hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Ivar van Diepen

Write a ReviewReviews (3,379)

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Just come back from 2 night stay with friends. Great location for shops and bars which we'd gone to leeds for. When we arrived our car was taken to be parked and staff booked us in very quickly. Got rooms 520 & 530. These are standard rooms, clean with small bathrooms. Nothing fancy but had a lovely view of the square below. Had a really good nights sleep although had to turn the aircon off as it was extremely noisy. Breakfast was cereals, pastries, fruit and full english and very nice. They don't put a lot out at once so when eggs etc needed replenishing, which was often, there was a little bit of a wait but worth it for lovely fresh food. Staff very good.
The public areas are very nice and the bar area looked plush although we didn't need to use it as a member of staff gave us a brilliant map of Leeds bars and shops. Would recommend going down around Granary Wharf and Canal Wharf on a summer afternoon or evening as it was a great area with a fab atmosphere.(although drinks were a little more expensive)
Would stay here again mainly for the location and service.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Julie S

Dear Julie S

Thank you for posting your review, I was pleased to read you very much enjoyed our central location for exploring the city and that the team were very welcoming and helpful. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments.

Do visit us again soon.

Warmest regards

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I must say the concierge was excellent (the tall stout gentleman)he made me feel at ease as I was meeting someone who I had not seen for a while and I had arrived on my own. His pleasant smile was nice to see when I was on my way out on my date.
The room had to be change do to a leak and this was sorted immediatey (up garded) the only think that was not right was that I was told the mini bar was free but there was on ly one beer in there as a complentary. Otherwise I could not fault anyone and look forward to my next stay. Please pass these comment onto the concierge he will know who I was.Thanks Susan Selby

Room Tip: The first room I was placed in (216)was excellent for people watching and getting great view of the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Susan S

Thank you for your comments, I will certainly be sure to pass on your kind review to our concierge team who I am sure will see it as a great source of motivation. I very much look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back some time soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in this lovely old hotel. Staff were so kind friendly & helpful. Rooms & beds very comfortable. Breakfast staff & food very good. Will definitely recommend to friends and come back in the near future. Thanks .

Dear CarolynC01

Thank you for posting your review, I was very happy to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and as such will recommend to family and friends. I do hope you will be staying with us again soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Dropped in for a quick bite. Went to the bar to order some drinks. Glass that I was served a coke in was dirty. Asked for a st.germain and cranberry. The response was. "What?" It was clearly on the back bar so staff must not know their product. They had no cranberry so they went to look and had none. For a 4* hotel that a pretty basic thing not to have. Ordered a ham hock baguette which took a good 25 minutes considering their were three other people. Eventually it came with a side salad and crisps. I had to go to the bar for cutlery thinking it was self service. The bread was tough as old boots the ham were scrappings and the mustard was almost absent.I noticed a few tables that had been set up for afternoon tea. Upon watching these guests arrive. The waitresses came over within seconds. Brought the drinks to them etc. Checked back on how they were doing food wise. Which came in half the time and must of took longer to make. I left disappointed and after I told my colleague and his response was "what did you go their for, you would of got better at subway. The bills for a gin and tonic a pint of coke and that sandwiches came to almost was well over £20. If anyone from the hotel reads this I think your managers should hire so mystery. diners.

Dear joelkav88

Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive criticism, I would like to assure you that this is by no means our usual standard of quality and service and will certainly look into the comments made. I would like to thank you for taking the time to let me know.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights in a superior double room with our 4 month old baby and overall we had a fantastic stay and the Art Deco style of the hotel adds to the charm. From arrival the concierge staff were so friendly and welcoming and throughout our stay nothing was too much trouble for them. The room was clean and the shower powerful but the room was not spacious as I had hoped however the ultra comfortable super king sized bed made up for this. Breakfast was plentiful and the bar is a nice place to have a chilled out drink before dinner. My only complaint would be the dangerously hot towel rail in our bathroom which I accidentally brushed against, resulting in a fairly significant burn on my arm-I notified reception on check out so hopefully this has now been fixed.
But would recommend this hotel with a great location in the centre of town.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I have just come back from a 2 night stay and we WILL return. From the moment we booked in we were met with very positive and friendly staff who couldnt do enough for you.
We had booked into a superior room which was very nice, very clean and with lots of space. Even though the room was great we decided to upgrade to the Q Clud rooms on the 8th floor, the lady on reception who sadly I can't remember her name but she was a Latvian Lady took us up to the room and lounge area before booking, again she couldn't do enough for us. If you have the spare £40 to upgrade then this again is a must, rooms are even better, you have a nice little drinks bar with wine and lager, milk and water, You get access to the Q Club Lounge which again is amazing, very nice quiet and plush with free wine, fruit juice and lager between 6-8pm. You have a waiter who just works this lounge, our waiter was a young Irish lad who was fantastic and a credit to the hotel, his customer service was second to none and he made our stay better than expected.We had a rather rude gentleman in the lounge at the same time and the staff member was extremely professional when dealing with him. If the managers of this hotel read these reviews then please thank all of your staff from us for a great reception and stay. From the reception staff, cleaning staff, bar staff and restaurant staff your doing a great job and thank you......................see you again soon

Room Tip: We had room 828 on the Q Club Lounge, if you have the spare money upgrade to this floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Goldie1966

Thank you for your concise review and for sharing your experience with the wider travelling community. I was delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us here at The Queens and welcome your return room.