“Very Grand!”
Review of The Queens - Leeds

The Queens - Leeds
Ranked #13 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a business trip. Located right in the heart of the City centre. This is a very GRAND hotel! Reminded me of the Aldelphi in Liverpool if anyone has stayed there. Great service and comfortable rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear allypears

Thank you for posting your review, delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us, do visit us again soon.

Ivar van Diepen

Write a ReviewReviews (3,349)

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Initial thoughts of the hotel were wonderful, great location, very friendly staff and a really nice lobby. Room was well laid out and plently of space (though not in the bathroom). In fact the bath is very short, and not really usable for relaxing.

Overnight was kept awake due to the lift (very noisy) being directly opposite the room. Friendly staff once again stepped in and moved my room to the 5th floor. However in this one the air con is faulty (not a massive problem as can open the window), and did not want to raise an issue again.

Ordered room service as I had to work late into the evening, a vegetarian pizza, and some chunky chips. Price on the menu £15.50, price on receipt £19 (not a clue why). Unfortunatly this was very bland and tasteless and a £1 supermarket pizza would have easily satisfied more.

I have two more nights in the hotel and whilst I am looking forward to the sleep, I will not be risking the food pricing further.

Final thoughts. If you can get a cheap enough price for the hotel then stay by all means, but avoid room service, request a room away from the lifts, and be prepared to pay £15.95 per day to park your car.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Peter B

Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive and concise review. I was pleased to read you found the hotel location perfect for exploring the city however I am sorry that you did not enjoy all aspects of your stay.

I am sorry that you were disturbed by our lifts, we do everything possible to ensure our guests are not disturbed and on this rare occasion I can see that we were not successful in our endeavours.

With regard to your comments in relation to Room Service, it is customary for hotels to charge a tray service, which is why upon receipt of your order there was an additional charge of £3.50. I am sorry that this was not explained to you at the time however it does state this quite clearly on the room service menus in your room.

The hotel does offer secure valet parking for our guests at an additional charge of £15.95 per night, again stipulated on our website; I can assure you that pricing is in line with the commercial car parks located nearby.

Thank you again for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back some time in the future.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I visited this hotel on a work trip and I was very pleased by the location. It was about a 30 second walk from the train station which was handy. My room was nice and comfortable. The only negative thing I have to say is that the elevator was quite loud, as my room was nearly across the hall from the doors and I could hear it constantly opening and closing. Other than that, I really enjoyed it. Nice art deco design. Nicest hotel my work has booked for me yet!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Courtney L

Thank you for posting your review, I was delighted that on the whole you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay with us and very much enjoyed the Art Deco surroundings. Lets hope you’re working in the area soon for a return visit.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Nice enough hotel, I remember it 20 years ago when it was really high end, but now it is a little tired but it is still perfectly decent, well located for the city centre and valet parking which is handy. I would say it is a mid range 4 star hotel , nothing flash but on a par with Hilton and Radisson

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear NealM

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing that you had a good stay at the hotel. I do hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is a return visit which did not disappoint. Such a good location in what is now a really vibrant city both for shopping and night life. Right next to the station and near the new Trinity shopping centre, you cant ask for a better place. Lovely art deco hotel with clean, functional rooms and very friendly staff. Would visit again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dera cambio

First of all many thanks for returning to our hotel and for taking the time to post a review. I am very pleased with your comment as it demonstrates that our entire team has a truly caring attitude, which was a big reason in you staying with us again.

Warmest regards

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Spent two nights at the Queens celebrating our silver wedding anniversary, every member of staff that we met was extremely helpful and pleasant. Upon check-in our room was upgraded and 5 mins after we arrived in our room David gave us a card and an invite to join him for a drink in the bar. Whilst we enjoyed our complimentary drink he offered to book us a table at a restaurant of our choice.
I cannot recommend the Queens highly enough, in fact I found everyone in Leeds from shop assistants to restaurant staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear gwenda E

Firstly, happy anniversary and thank you for choosing The Queens to help you celebrate such a momentous occasion. Thank you for your lovely review, do visit us again soon.

Warmest regards

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very nice hotel. All staff fabulous.
Rooms very clean and location couldn’t be better. You have direct access to the Train station.
Things I didn’t like:
Shower very weak
Reception can take up to 3 minutes to answer calls. Including room service.
Beds too soft (you may like this)
Minibar only had 1 of every item. So we had to call down if 2 people needed a beer. Hence ringing for 3 mins.
8th floor worth it as the 8th floor residents gets sole use of the lounge include free drinks between 6 – 8 PM
Only paid £130.00 per night so I can’t complain too much.
Worth a try if you can’t afford the Radisson blu leeds

Room Tip: choose room 817 its the largest room in the hotel,