“loved this”

Ranked #11 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“loved this”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

firstly the location of this hotel right next to the train station was perfect, the style of the hotel is 1930's glamourous art deco, with a red carpet at the front door and continuing throughout. I arrived at 1030 expecting to just be able to check in my bags with the very helpful concierge, but the receptionist offered to see if a room was free and luckily for me it was, and on top of that, i was upgraded from a double to a suite. This was again very nice, spotlessly clean and comfortable throughout, with flat screen tv in both, and plenty of drawer and wardrobe storage, and very comfy bed. I stayed for 3 nights and loved it.
The only 2 tiny ways in which my suite could have been improved would have been a full length mirror (there was easily room for one) and a power point next to my bed (for charging my phone which i use as an alarm clock), rather than on the other side of the room

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear ariana20

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at The Queens, pleased that you had a wonderful time with us and that our team exceeded your expectations. I have duly noted your comments regarding your bedroom and thank you for your constructive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Warm regards

Ivar van Diepen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Suffolk
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I spent a night at the Queens during the week whilst on a business trip. A lovely hotel that really as a sense of elegance about it. The room was comfortable and had everything I needed including a trouser press and an iron which I found useful. The only criticism I would have is that the air con was centrally controlled and set on heat, this led to the room being very warm and despite opening the window it was a little too warm for me. The breakfast was buffet style and well presented with everything you could want. The service was good and the staff friendly. Ideal for the train station and is accessible directly from the concourse. The Scarborough hotel has an excellent bar across the road from the hotel and serves very well kept ale

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear TGSuffolk

Thank you for your lovely review of The Queens. I am thrilled you had a super stay with us and that you would recommend our hotel to others. We look forward to making you welcome again soon.

Gillingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 11, 2012

In Leeds for a weekend function, we decided to book a suite with access to the guest lounge, a good move if you have the extra money. Our suite was nice, with a separate lounge and bedroom area, both had flat screen TV. The bathroom was nice and clean as was the suite itself. The guest lounge on the 8th floor is comfortable with complimentary drinks and nibbles, a continental breakfast is also served. The restaurant is OK, the meal we had there was of fair quality, but there are many places to eat out within walking distance. If you are driving use the valet parking service it's £15.00 per day but for it's easier than trying to find parking. Staff in the hotel were all very polite and helpful. I would use this hotel again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: If you can afford the extra get a room on the 8th floor and make use of the guest lounge.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear EODUK

Many thanks for your review of The Queens. I am delighted that you had a thoroughly enjoyable stay and as a result would be happy to recommend our hotel to others.

Warm regards

South West
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed for three nights at the beginning of October. Upgraded to executive room on the Q Club level. Good room, comfy bed, lovely duvet, immaculate bathroom, good breakfast. One observation was that the rooms are on the warm side, I'd rather have the option to have the air con on cool rather than warm. Liked the Q Club lounge, swayed by the open bar from 18:00-20:00 which is a nice touch. Ate in the bar one evening. Food was good although staff appeared under the cosh a bit, trying to cover the bar customers and those eating as well.

Location excellent as only a stone's through away from the main shopping area which was impressive and so much more than we expected. Loads of restaurants within a couple of hundred yards.

We had a power cut in our room on the Sunday afternoon. Housekeeping responded within five minutes but couldn't solve the problem so we were moved to another executive (adjacent) room. No real problem and it would have been churlish to moan as we had been upgraded gratis in the first place.

Would be very happy to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Go for an Executive level room, even if you have to pay for it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JaybeeSouthWest

Thank you for posting such a comprehensive review of your stay. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay in QClub, it really is a treat. I have noted your comments relating to the air conditioning and thank you for highlighting your preference.
I was sorry to learn that you experienced a power cut and happy that although the problem couldn’t be repaired, we were able to allocate you an alternative bedroom.
I do hope that we have the opportunity of welcoming you back some time in the future.

Warmest regards

Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

I had a pleasant overnight stay. Upgraded to the 'executive' floor free of charge on arrival. This provided free alcoholic drinks between 6 & 8 as well as free WiFi. I had a problem with the room air con which couldn't be fixed, but the friendly staff supplied a heater (which I didn't need to use).

The attitude of the staff were professional and very friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear seanius

Thrilled that you had a super stay with us and are happy to share your experience with the wider travelling community. Obviously cannot guarantee a complimentary upgrade on every stay but I can guarantee a friendly and professional service every time.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards

Glasgow
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We were there for an event for a whole weekend and the staff were fantastic and the whole thing went off seamlessly. The hotel is in a perfect location, right in the centre of leeds with plenty of bars, shops and restraunts nearby.
Rooms are large and very clean only thing was it was really warm and the windows didnt open and there weren't enough lights near the mirrors, when I was trying to get ready for the event I really noticed this.
Breakfast at the hotel was good but cutlery was dirty.
Otherwise very gd hotel with the best staff I have had met in a hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear glasgowcouple9

Delighted that on the whole you had a wonderful stay at The Queens. I was sorry to learn that the temperature of your room was a little warm and will certainly investigate the issue with our maintenance department as all room temperatures are regulated.

Thank you once again for your constructive feedback.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We recently stayed here for 1 night for my boyfriends birthday and although we weren't in the room that long i can say that the hotel is very well maintained, clean and the welcome we received from reception set us up for the rest of our stay. Very much worth the stay and the location couldn't be any better. Will definatly return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear libby c

I am pleased that you enjoyed your boyfriend’s birthday celebrations at The Queens and have been able to use our excellent location as a base for visiting the city.

I look forward to seeing you again soon.