The Queens - Leeds
$130
$69
$95
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Leeds East(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$47
Novotel Leeds Centre(Leeds)(Great Value!)
$67
Quebecs(Leeds)
$88
  • Room Service
3,486 results
All reviewsart decoq clubtrain stationq hotelsvalet parkingcity squaretravelling by trainjunior suitelovely hotelcentral locationreception staffbreakfast was excellentstandard roomfull englishlovely roomstayed for one nighttea and coffee
Reviewed August 13, 2011

booked two rooms for my Mum and Sister. The rooms looked a little dated but the overall decor is so 1920's, The bar looks great and the service they received was outstanding. Will definitely use the hotel again.

Many thanks to Emily Mansfield

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2011

Thank you for such a wonderful review of The Queens. I am pleased you had a great experience and as a result would highly recommend our Hotel to others. It was good to hear that our staff delivered great service to you and that you have been able to experience this and have highlighted this. I will naturally pass on your comments to the team!

Reviewed August 13, 2011

stayed for three nights needs a complete painting and decorateing inside food was ok had to eat in bar one night as restraunt wasnt available a bit cramped to say the least the hotel is just a bit dated

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at our Hotel. Our Hotel stems from and reflects the Art Deco period displaying a design style that is impressive and creates a unique contrast with other properties. I have noted your comments regarding the upkeep and will ensure this will be continued to be worked on through our in house property team. I amp pleased you were able to enjoy our food during your stay and hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to The Queens; a Hotel with a difference.

Reviewed August 11, 2011

Booked this incredibly last minute after finding I had to stay the night unexpectedly in Leeds. At a room rate of £67 I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel. The exterior and communal areas are pretty grand - the rooms a little tired but clean and functional. The loaction (adjacent to the train station and minutes walk from the centre) is ideal. I was on the 5th floor and didn't experience any noise whatsoevere. Very friendly and efficient staff - I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Err on the side of caution and request a hight floor
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank travellbar
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at The Queens. I am pleased you found our Hotel to provide excellent value for money and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Whilst I understand your stay was unexpected I genuinely hope we can welcome you back to Leeds and the city's most central Hotel; The Queens.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

I stayed here for one night on a Sunday for business. The hotel is very grand from the outside and is a lovely art deco building. Inside the style is consistent although it does look like it needs a bit of care in places. The corridors are long and dark and felt a bit like the hotel in The Shining, but everything was very clean and well-ordered. I would not call this a luxury hotel but it is certainly of a high quality.
I was a bit worried about the location - right next to the train station- because these locations can be noisy on an evening; however, I had a very peaceful night. The staff are very accommodating and the service is excellent from all of the staff. I ordered room service in the evening, which I rarely do because of the price, but the meal was lovely, comparable to what I would have received in a good restaurant. The room was large and very comfortable and the bathroom was equally spacious and well-presented. The furniture, like the rest of the hotel, is a little tired looking, but it is clean and seviceable. There was an extensive choice at breakfast but I had cereal so I cannot comment on the quality of the cooked food.
I have one criticism: My tray from the evening before was never collected, even though I left it outside my door as indicated on the menu, so I came out in the morning to the remains of my dinner from the previous night (probably worse for the room opposite).
Overall I liked this hotel and it was great for my purposes.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank PicklesMcGraw
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2011

Dear PicklesMcGraw

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay at The Queens. I am pleased you had a wonderful experience at our hotel as we aim and work hard to deliver a personal level of service and positive comments, such as yours, are a great motivator for the team. Thank you too for bringing to my attention your criticism relating to the breakfast tray.

I do hope that you will visit us again soon

Warm regards

Reviewed August 9, 2011

Nice hotel room with well furnished bathroom , good nights sleep , would reccomend however ask for a front facing room for a better view . Staff brilliant .

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
The_Queens_Leeds, General Manager at The Queens - Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Thank you for your review of The Queens and for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased that our team delivered excellent service and that you have experienced this during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.