“Pleasant.”

Mercure Leeds Parkway
Ranked #49 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
“Pleasant.”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

The room was pretty good here and the bed was huge!!!! The building is very old and you can see how they are slowly renovating. Some parts of the room look old but everything was in working order. Apart from the radiator which didn't cool down when it was turned down. That wasn't a big issue though.
My biggest complaint is the pillows....they are very hard!
The hotel was extremely busy when we stayed there due to coach parties and you could see that this affected the breakfast buffet and eating area.
I would stay here again. The staff were very friendly. You can cut through to the park behind the hotel.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Stewart W, Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Iliveforholidays88

Many thanks for your review, and your kind comments.

As you rightly pointed out we are gradually refurbishing various parts of the hotel, and have more plans to do so in 2014. We have also addressed the two issues you raised.

Kind Regards
Simon Grace
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

After staying in around 12 hotels this year i can honestly say i have never encountered more friendly staff than we did in the Leeds mercure parkway. From the moment we walked through the door we were met by pleasant faces at reception, courteous and polite barstaff at night and helpful and efficient staff at breakfast time the breakfast was of the highest standard and the rooms very clean and tidy and spacious to sum up this hotel must rank very highly in the value for money market

• Stayed December 2013
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear Mark C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and providing us with your feedback. It is very pleasing to recieve such positive feedback once again, especially from one who travels away from home frequently. I shall take great delight in passing on your feedback to our staff and hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I've been today to parkway hair salon and I've never felt so pleased! Steve was fantastic, friendly, listening to my needs and made me feel like a million dollars!
Highly recommended!!!!
Very friendly, very clean, very personal service

• Stayed November 2013
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear C4Ts,

Thank you for taking the time to review Parkway Hair Salon's services. Whilst this company is not directly run by our hotel, we do have business links as we share the same geographical site so I shall take great delight in making Steve aware of your comments.

Costa del Sol, Spain
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We stayed here on the night of the 6th. of November before flying out to Spain the following day.
The price quoted was extremely reasonable as it included a week's car parking.
On arrival at reception Dianne was excellent - most helpful and pleasant. Our room was superb and quiet, and as we had to be away at 5.00 am the next day we got a good night's sleep.
The next morning, despite the unearthly hour, our taxi was waiting and we left our car in the hotel car park watched over by security cameras. The taxi firm took us straight to the terminal door and on our return the firm, Arrow cabs have a place directly outside so the journey back to the hotel to get the car was easy. We settled directly with the driver - from memory this was about £11a trip.
All in all an excellent venue for park and fly at Leeds Bradford - cannot be faulted!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Allan P
Dear YorkshirePair,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations and I shall pass on your comments to our staff, especially to Diane. We look forward to being of service to you in the near future once again.

Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Now don't get me wrong this is by no way a 5* hotel, I have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world so I feel qualified to review this one honestly.
We were here on business with pleasure thrown in, we had a buffet in the evening in a room beautifully presented, food excellent, our stay was very comfortable, I think maybe some rooms are a little tired but ours was fine.
In the evening we went to the Leeds Arena which is about 20 mins drive away so this hotel although in a rural setting is well situated.
The staff in this hotel are faultless, professional but friendly & always helpful

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank harryp44
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear HarryP44. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that our staff represented themselves well and made your stay enjoyable and I am glad that you left with such fond memories - I shall make sure that your kind comments are fed back to the staff. We look forward to catering for your business and leisure / pleasure needs again in the not too distant future... Kind regards, Stewart
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

When we first got to the hotel it seemed fantastic. Nice reception etc, very friendly staff. Told us everything we need to know. When we got Into the room it was disappointing, the room was freezing so we rung up reception for a heater they said ok. 15 minutes later they come to the door and said they have no heaters left so gave us a horrible rough brown blanket! So we got into bed and just tried to go to sleep but then there was a horrible noise coming from the radiator asif it the pipes were cooling down but it was doing it all night, as I am writing this it's still doing it now! We actually wanted to move room so we rung up reception at around 5:00 but we got forwarded to the answer phone? I have not been happy with the experience I have had and won't be coming back again. It's been a big let down because the reviews seem good yet my experience has been horrendous... On that note I'm going home to sleep seems as I had no sleep lastnight because of the loud banging noise !!!!!!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Luke1471
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Luke1471. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologise that your room was too cold for you - all of our rooms are thermostatically controlled and if your room was cold I would have expected the entire wing to be cold also - as this was not the case it may be that the thermostatic radiator valve failed in your bedroom, although it is a shame that the review was written whilst you were still in the hotel before we were given a chance to move you to another room. If you would be kind enough tyo email me on 020gm@jupiterhotels.co.uk with your personal details I shall have the radiators checked in the room to resolve any future issues. Thank you for taking the time to place a review on tripadvisor. Yours sincerely, Stewart Woodeson.

Travelers are raving about these Leeds hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Mercure Wetherby
#36 of 87 in Leeds
Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport
Village Hotel Leeds North
Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel

Been to Mercure Leeds Parkway? Share your experiences!