“Very disappointed!!!!!!!”

Ranked #49 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
northampton, England, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed!!!!!!!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Room was not ready for 2pm check in. Tv only stayed on 10mins then stopped working! Fire alarm wakes us at 4.45am, no direction, no roll call, people congregated in reception!!!!!!!! With 3 kids we were not amused.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Nick W
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear NickW. Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at the hotel. As you are aware, the hotel was extremely busy over the weekend and we do advertise rooms being available 'from' a particular time due to some guests checking out late before we are able to clean them ready for their next use - however I do apologise that you were unable to gain access to your bedroom when you had originally wished. Regarding the fire alarm, our staff did ask guests to congregate in the hotel lobby and bar area whilst investigations took place as we did not wish to ask guests to stand outside in the rain at this time of night and I apologise on behalf of the customer who removed the detector head so that they could smoke in their bedroom. I do hope that you would consider returning to the hotel in the future so that your stay will be remembered for all the right reasons. Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
manchester
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed here for one night this week, and it seemed a very long night ! the public area's are ok, but the rooms ! They really need some TLC as are very drab, paint peeling, mould growing on the balcony, and the bedding smelt musty. Really not a great impression of a mercure hotel. The staff in the hotel were all very friendly and check in was swift.The breakfast served is buffet style and is very nice. This hotel is about 10 minutes drive from Leeds Bradford airport. One strange complaint...........They had a Christmas tree in reception in AUGUST !!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear PauljbManchester. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that your service experience was as you would have wished and I shall ensure that the hotel staff are made aware of your comments. Regarding your comment about the bedroom, please be aware that we are working on an in-house redecoration programme at present. As far as the Christmas tree is concerned, yes we are guilty, it's that time of year again where we start marketing... Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Excellent value for money. Parked car, flew to Turkey and stayed one night on return. Room a bit dingy, thought we were being led down to a dungeon. Arrived on return from holiday at 15 mins past midnight and the nightshift front of house guy was extremely helpful. Wife and daughter went straight to bed but I fancied a nightcap. This guy opened the bar just for me and I had a very pleasant couple of hours watching tv, reading papers and surfing web on my phone in other words all the things I had missed when on holiday. Breakfast following morning was piping hot and plentiful. Taxi £11 to airport. Hotel in lovely setting, never used health club but it looked very nice. Would book here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Pertick1. Thank you for taking time to review the hotel and I am delighted that our staff provided you with excellent service - I'm glad you had some 'time alone' to relax.... We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon. Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for three nights on business. I was very disappointed with the room I was given, which as you will see from the photos, was not up to the standards suggested on the Mercure website.

Overall, it was all a bit dated, unloved and dirty - there was black mould growing in the bathroom (which was also very dated and falling to bits in places), the floor did not appear to have been hoovered, and there were blood stains on the bed linen. Needless to say I wasn't happy. They were fully booked that night so I had to stay in that room for one of the three nights, however they were able to move me to a more comfortable, cleaner room for the second and third nights.

Aside from the rooms - the service was good; very friendly staff. Food, a bit hit and miss.

I am coming back to Leeds again next week, but I am unlikely to check-in to the Mercure.

Room Tip: If I remember correctly - the awful room was 415... avoid it! Its also noisy because of the road out...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Peteoxford. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you encountered during your stay. I have visited the room in question and this room has now been scheduled for a complete redecoration within the next 3 weeks. As regards the cleanliness issues, once again I apologise - I shall take this up with our housekeeping department. I apologise that the stay with us did not live up to the standards we would have wanted you to experience, although I am pleased that the levels of service you experienced during your stay were to a more acceptable standard. Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

we have stayed in this hotel a few times, we had a 2 night stay from Saturday 24th August, staff very helpful, room was very clean, the shower could have been a bit more powerful, my husband was not very happy at there being no sky sports any more, as where a few other people, we ordered a classic chicken burger, they both came back with cheese on (which my husband cannot eat). Then bar ran out of tonic, a lady said wine also, and the bar man said he could not go to the cellar as only the manager has a key. Not a happy stay this time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank munchkinsnanny
Dear munchkinsnanny. Thank you for taking the time to review the Mercure Leeds Parkway and our services and facilities. I am pleased that the service you encountered was to the expected level, although I apologise that the chicken burger was served with cheese as this should not have been the case. Just to make you aware, although we have removed Sky due to the expenses involved, we are currently implementing the services of a different satellite sports television service to take its place and we envisage this to be in place within the next month. Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed over before our flight. Rooms lovely and clean and staff very friendly. Had a room with a balcony overlooking the hotel grounds to the rear. Bathroom lovely and clean, lovely fluffy towels. With the price of the room came free parking for the duration of our holiday. Would certainly recommend to anyone travelling from Leeds/Bradford airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear - had room 218
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JulieW. Thank you very much for your kind review of the hotel - I am particularly pleased with your comments regarding the cleanliness of the bedrooms and the service provided, all of which I shall pass onto our staff. We hope to be able to invite you back to the hotel in the near future. Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We found all staff extremely pleasant and accomodating for anything we needed during our stay with first class consistent customer service skills across the hotel.

The rooms were clean and well presented (although decor a little dated) and beds very comfortable/linen good quality.We had the added advantage of a veranda overlooking Golden Acrea Park.

The brasserie menu has a limited choice but the food was very fresh and tasty and made to order, we had no complaints and the wine menu had a good choice. Bar area pleasant, drinks served well if a little pricey but you come to expect that.
The pool area was clean and the hydro bubbles good fun, changing rooms again clean and well presented.
Good access to Leeds or local towns of Ilkley, otley etc.
Breakfast offered a good selection but could have been a little warmer on hotplates.
The only down side for us was inconsiderate guests who had returned from a wedding at 1.30am and continued to go in and out of each others rooms banging the doors until 4am which needless to say was not wlecomed.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden room or studio.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Lynne H. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and can only apologise for the inconsiderate guest at 1.30am! Hopefully next time we could entice you to stay with us and book a spa break.... (and relax...... without interruption). Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Mercure Wetherby
#28 of 87 in Leeds
Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport
Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel
Best Western Plus Milford Hotel

Been to Mercure Leeds Parkway? Share your experiences!