“Very relaxing atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“Very relaxing atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Staying here as I am on a training course. Even so it has nice facilities. Resturant has a nice laid out eating place. And a relaxing bar to meet and greet friends.
I would stay here again. There are lots of local places to visit. Airport on the door step which if you wish to stay before flying away it is a good platform to jet from.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear hugs_are_me_123..... that has to be the strangest user name I have come across so far. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for the great comments. It is great to see that our fully refurbished conference rooms with state of the art data projectors, natural daylight and air conditioning were appreciated - I hope the environment helped you keep your concentration throughout your course! Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Website says " Airport Shuttle" there isnt. The reality is that they just book a taxi and you are charged.I asked reception who brushed me aside No water pressure in room worst shower I have ever tried to have .Dont book here.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Squbster
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Squbster. Thank you for your review. I apologise that you had issues with the 3rd party website, Holiday Extras which you used for your booking. Having reviewed the website and the confirmation letter that is sent to every guest upon booking, there is a statement that states "the hotel can arrange a taxi to the airport for you at any time. The journey takes about 8 minutes and will cost around £11 each way". I apologise if you felt that there was any confusion and did contact Holiday Extras on your behalf to make them aware of your comments however they feel that the wording is clear and as such there is little more that we are able to do in this matter. Yours sincerely, Stewart Woodeson
Armadale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business and was really pleased with it.

The check in staff were nice and attentive. I got to my room which was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable.

I ordered room service which arrived quickly, it was a pizza which came in a takeaway box it wasn't the best meal I've ever had but was OK.

The receptionist booked a taxi for me and checkout was problem free.

I would definitely recommend and return.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear C10mmy. Thank you for such an excellent review - I will be delighted to share your comments with the hotel staff who will no doubt be delighted. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the area. Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights as attending a wedding in the hotel. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room looked a bit dismal when we arrived - the view was mainly the roof of a corridor running at right angles to ours. We felt hemmed in, particularly on a baking hot day, but were told there were no other rooms free. Facilities included everything we needed, including 2 irons & 2 ironing tables! Bathroom was average. We opened the patio door OK, but couldn't lock it again - someone promptly came and sorted it out. Husband enjoyed his late afternoon swim in the pool.
A large group of us had a meal in the evening which again was OK. Our lovely waitress didn't speak much English but made a valiant effort to understand my request for a large glass for water (bringing a tumbler for me to drink my wine).
Bed was surprisingly comfy. Overall, good value for money, an enjoyable stay apart from the view. Wedding was brilliant by the way, and ran like clockwork.

Room Tip: Ask for a view over the garden
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear LandGNorthallerton. Thank you for your review of the hotel and your kind comments regarding the wedding and your overall stay. I apologise for the heat in the hotel during the recent hot weather although I am pleased that all other areas of the hotel met your expectations. I have asked our F&B departments to investigate the tumbler issue and trust we will not see a repeat of this incident. We look forward to welcoming back in the near future. Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson
wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We have stayed a couple of times and it was good overall. We asked for a quiet room facing the back, and the bed was massive and really comfy! The patio doors let you have as much air as you like too. The staff are really great, friendly and can't do enough to help you, from reception, cleaning to restaurant staff. The last time we went we were the last to have breakfast but the staff didn't do that annoying thing you get in some places where they start clearing up whilst you're still eating. It might need a little updating but for us it has been really convenient. It seems to be the kind of place that is huge and therefore has weddings and lots of people seems to leave their cars there when using the airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Pobol. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - it is pleasing to see your return to our hotel and thank you for considering to stay with us once again. I am particularly pleased that our staff's level of service was so good and that you enjoyed that aspect of your stay - I shall make a point of making our staff aware of your comments. Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson
Brandesburton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights so we could attend a wedding at the hotel. From check in to check out or stay was a pleasure!
Check in was post and efficient, our room was perfectly adequate, with all the expected facilities and the added bonus of a balcony, admittedly overlooking the car park, however this worked to our advantage as we were not subjected to any noise from the events taking place at the hotel.
Breakfast was delicious and well presented, a fair selection to suit all palates, ws very pleased to see proper mushrooms ( not tinned) on the menu!
The wedding we attended was a lovely occasion and very much enjoyed! The facilities in the hotel were very good and the wedding breakfast and buffet were excellent.
I agree with other comments that some areas of the hotel look a little tired, but this did not detract in anyway from a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Stewart W, General Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Mark G... Thank you for taking the time to review our services at the hotel - I am delighted that all aspects of your stay, including the wedding were such a success. I have made a point of communicating your experience to all of our departments to make sure they receive praise for all of their efforts. We look forward to welcomng you back to the hotel in the very near future. Kind regards, Stewart Woodeson
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stayed overnight as we were attending a wedding here. We booked 3 rooms, 2 were adjoining and they were clean and modern with balconies overlooking the gardens. It was a little noisy until around 2am due to a stag party in the rooms below.
We had a great breakfast the next morning and did not feel rushed at all, with the offer of more tea & coffee.
Would recomend as a good base for local areas of Leeds, Harrogate etc

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Stewart W, Manager at Mercure Leeds Parkway, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Sarah W

Many thanks for your review, I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay here at the Mercure Leeds Parkway Hotel. We do strive to give the best possible service and the hotel always feels rewarded when we read positive reviews like yours.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel sooner rather than later.

Kind Regards

Simon Grace
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leeds
Mercure Wetherby
#29 of 86 in Leeds
Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport
Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel
Premier Inn Leeds / Bradford Airport Hotel

Been to Mercure Leeds Parkway? Share your experiences!