“Best Mutter Paneer in Yorkshire”
Review of Akbar's

Akbar's
Ranked #241 of 1,982 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Ate here on Saturday night following a trip to the theatre, so it was quite late. The staff were brilliant and very attentive without being in your face! I normally find it very hard to find a decent mutter paneer but this one was just pure heaven! My husband had a lamb dish which he has not stopped raving on about. The only down side is the cost of the wine which is well over priced but the food is well worth every penny. Lovely food, lovely staff and a great atmosphere - will definately go back when we are in Leeds.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were a party of 12, shoved onto a table eating with our elbows touching, getting in each others way I daren't go to the toilet incase I knocked into anyone behind or around me it was that cramped. A friend of mine found a hair in his meal halfway through, he mentioned this to the very rude unhelpful staff who made him pay for half as he had eaten half o the curry even though he found a hair!!!! To top it off they were rushing us, sighing as though anything we asked for was too much trouble and all the male staff were staring at my friend in an appropriate way and talking about her in a seductive way which I found rude& unprofessional. Never again!!!!!!

2  Thank Jessicais19
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Had a really good meal served by God attentive staff.
Lots of choice but went for the chefs challenge a chicken and lamb keeps balti with rice and biggest nan I've had. This was all for less than £11. Quite a challenge but did get my promised free dessert although could hardly eat it.
Good fun and good night

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I ate here on Saturday. The food was lovely and service was good. I had the veggie pakora to start and then the palak paneer. Partner had the paneer starter and veggie rogan josh. Been before and will definitely be back again.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Went here with colleague after work and drinks on a Friday. Place was buzzing which was terrific, not many tables but the staff work very hard to be efficient and we were seated fairly quickly. Menu -lots to chose from and the recommendations are different and very nice. HUGE nans! Absolutely lovely but for sharing!! We had many drinks and the staff were very attentive to ensure that our glasses were replenished. Food very nice . Will definitely return.