“The place to stay in Leeds!!”
Review of Hilton Leeds City

Ranked #36 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My wife,friends and I stayed at the Hilton for two nights in order to see Eric Clapton and The Eagles at the Leeds Arena. The hotel is ideally situated for access to all that Leeds has to offer,shopping,nightlife and concerts.It is also very conveniently placed in respect of the main route in/out of Leeds.as a result you do not get"caught up" in the Leeds one way system.This is especially useful for the first time visitor to the city.
The Hotel is superb!! The staff are extremely helpful and attentive and overall the quality of service is of the highest order.An example of this was clearly demonstrated when we arrived 20 minutes after breakfast had finished on our first morning of our stay.On our way out of the dining room we met the manager and despite our prostestations he organised breakfast for us.He made us feel most welcome and his friendly positive attitude was an absolute joy!
This positive,friendly approach was replicated by all of the staff we came in contact with.
The hotel facilities are excellent,the rooms very comfortable,breakfasts very good (even when you turn up late!!),the restaurant and coffee bar offer very good value for money.
Car parking is available in a small, multi storey,car park linked to the hotel.It is a little"tight" but we had no problem manoeuvering our large estate car into a parking bay.
I have no reservations whatsoever in recommending the Hilton Leeds City,it offers excellent value for money and a quality of service sadly lacking in most "city centre"hotels.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the 10th floor and these were very quiet.No noise at all despite being so close to t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear BMBPENARTH
Thank you for taking the time to place your kind feedback online via Tripadvisor, further to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Great to hear that my team were accommodating and you particularly enjoyed the high standard of service that was offered to you. Please be assured that I will take the liberty of sharing your kind comments with all the team here, as it acts as a great motivator.
Thank you, once again for your valued feedback. Your loyalty to Hilton is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Hilton Leeds City

Write a ReviewReviews (2,311)

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My friend and I stayed at the Hilton while we were attending the Cherish Conference in May 2014. This was an ideal location - a ten minute walk from the First Direct Arena and right beside the train station - and our accommodation was perfect for a three night stay.

The room was clean, fresh and comfortable. We had three excellent nights' sleep and breakfast provided good choice each morning.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Amanda-Jane C

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Whilst a very central and convenient position in the centre of Leeds, the level of certain areas such as breakfast, a room with a non functional shower and customer service is more aligned with a very very budget hotel. The breakfast (if you can call it breakfast) had virtually no fruit, very limited drinks and a very poor selection of 2/3 hot items. despite having a poor experience and being a HHonours member I thought would see if at check out I was asked if everything was OK? Sadly, i was not and just handed a bill once I had paid - so rather than complain to them then, I will do so on here in order other people do not waste their hard earned monies on this budget hotel in all but the price!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Graeme J
Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback online via Tripadvisor, further to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
Your feedback has been noted. I am sorry to read of your disappointment, there can be no excuse for the lack of empathy shown to you upon checkout via Reception. We do have Duty Management available contactable via Reception on a 24/7 basis, who would have been delighted to discuss your concerns with you at the time of your stay.
Thank you, once again for your valued feedback.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is a standard Hilton - clean and friendly and only a short walk from the train station and city centre.

Rooms were very nice and sharp, nightly cost was low for a Hilton. A good business hotel location. Large reception, bar and restaurant. If the price is low - worthwhile.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2014

Dear RDM-UK
I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, finding our hotel very central to your needs.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

I stayed here with my partner a few days after breaking my arm! The staff were very friendly, particularly those at the front of the spa who were also incredibly helpful seen as I couldn't use any of the facilities with a cast on!

The rooms themselves were okay but a little drab, for the price I was expecting something more. All in all a pleasant stay, great staff and a good location.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Rachel-Rae N
Sorry to hear of your unfortunate accident. I do hope that you are well on the road to recovery.
Delighted to read that my team very accommodating to your needs and helpful in assisting you via our Livingwell Health Club. You are very welcome.
Sorry to read that your room allocation did not meet with your expectations.
Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback online.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

We stayed on a sunday night, had dinner at Jamies and then went shopping in town on monday. The hotel is perfectly located to walk into town, the staff are great and the hotel is clean and modern. My only issue is the bed was far too hard.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Joanne W

Dear Joanne W

Thank you for taking the time to place your kind comments online via Tripadvisor, further to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly enjoying our central location, to Leeds city centre. Please be assured that your kind feedback will be shared with my team. Thank you.
I am sorry that you found the bed offered to you not to your preference. Apologies to you for any discomfort caused.
Thank you, once again for your valued feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We are frequent Leeds visitors (for shopping & eating) and booked into the Hilton this time for a recent long weekend. Its not the flashest and most up to date, but this was more than made up with by the great location, use of the gym/pool facilities and the friendliness at the front desk. Every request (could we have a bath and shower? what is the deal with wifi? parking validation and finding us an adaptor for our overseas equipment), was met each time with a smile and favorable action. We felt we had a fair deal for what we paid, and would make this our number one choice for future visits.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear TheConstantEater