“central Leeds Hotel”
Review of Hilton Leeds City

Ranked #38 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed February 24, 2014

very good value and very welcoming staff. Car parking is not free so beware of added expense there. I am pretty sure it added £30 to a one night stay. Apart from that it is a great place to stay in leeds.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
stevenhall, Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thanks for your review and great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us....and the City as well !!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,283)

Reviewed February 23, 2014

The staff were friendly and helpful. For the price of what I paid I expected better. I had a deluxe room. The bed was tiny, the room furnishings were dismal, at best. The pool was old looking and had rust. The Jacuzzi wasn't warm, and would work only on a timer. So very disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for your review...we do appreciate all reviews to help plan future actions.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We decided to have a night out in Leeds and stay at the Hilton, the last time I stayed here was 1998 for my brothers wedding. The hotel receptionists are very nice and professional the hotel rooms are nice and worth what you pay. The atmosphere in the hotel is very nice and had lots of people staying there which add led to the atmosphere. Breakfast is self serve like most hotels the quality of the breakfast was good in my opinion.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gary r
stevenhall, Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thanks for your review and we appreciate your comments and are pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed here for one night. On arrival the reception area was very busy, full of hen parties etc and very noisy. The lady on the desk was helpful.
We went to our room which was clean but rather small with a very poor view. Fine, but the windows were filthy too! The bathroom was nice although the shower was very slippy, both my partner and I slipped while having a shower.
The room was fine but that's it-fine. You could hear everything in all the other rooms and the corridor.

I expected a little more from a hilton. It was no better than a holiday inn express or similar, and at least with those breakfast is included!

Nice enough just for somewhere to stay, but not the choice if you want somewhere special.

• Stayed: February 2014

Thanks for your review...all comments are appreciated and acted upon.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Everything you'd expect from a Hilton really. Clean, tidy, efficient and friendly. Superbly located with easy access to rail station and City Centre. All the staff I encountered were very on the ball, but not too much as to forget the smiles and pleasantries that help make the stay that bit nicer. Not much more to say other than I was here on business with colleagues from Oxfam and it met all our expectations. Whether I return on business or visit Leeds properly in my own right, at least I know where to stay!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear PaulD2316CY
Thank you for taking the time to place your kind comments on Tripadvisor, in regard to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
Please be assured that all your feedback has been noted. Delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and in particular the hospitality and service offered to you from my team. I have shared your kind comments with my team. Thank you.
Thank you once again for taking the time to place your feedback online. We do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Stayed at the Hilton mid January with my mum. We were in the city fur the weekend to watch Strictly Come Dancing. We were able to check in early (about 12pm) which was very helpful. The staff were very pleasant. The bedroom (twin room) was very spacious and clean. We had a lovely view of the city from our room. Location is fantastic, literally 2 minutes walk to the shops... Ideal for shopaholics like my mum and I! The hotel was also a short drive away from the newly built First Direct Arena. Perfect if you are watching a show. Concierge kindly ordered us a taxi, which arrived quickly and didn't over charge us. Breakfast was by far the best I've had in a long time. It was buffet style so you could have as much as you wanted - various cereals and pastries as well as the traditional cooked breakfast. You could have omelettes and poached eggs made to order. Fantastic experience. Will most definitely return again. Great value!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear missteacher16
Thank you for taking the time to place your kind feedback online via Tripadvisor, in regard to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
Trust you enjoyed the Strictly Come Dancing Tour at Leeds First Direct Arena, which is a superb venue.
Great to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind comments with all my team, here at the Hilton Leeds City.
Thank you once again for taking the time to place your feedback online and we do look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights. We had booked the deluxe double guestroom as it was Valentines weekend and we thought it would be more luxurious. On arrival we left our baggage with the concierge as we were very early and check in wasnt until 3pm. We used the opportunity to go shopping, trinity is only a few minutes walk away. We returned to the hotel at 3pm and were told our room still was not ready! We were left to sit in reception, being ignored on the whole, until finally at 3.30pm we were told we could check in. We have stayed in many hotels, in many cities but this was the first Hilton and the first time we have had to sit around after check in time. The room was really small for a deluxe, decor was ok, the bed was really really firm, as were the pillows. We found the room cold and there were no spare blankets. Tv was a flat screen but seemed quite old. The bath was also small. We found lack of hooks on bathroom door a bit inconvenient. Lots of noise from workmen outside next morning from before 8am. We heard this plainly even though we were on 12th floor. Breakfast fine, vegetarian sausages not labelled as being vegetarian. We had to ask what they were. To sum up, we didnt feel special or important in this hotel.It is in a good location for the centre of Leeds but that was about the only thing in its favour. Coffee shop in reception was really expensive. We didnt use the pool although when we entered the building from the street there was a strong smell of chlorine. Would return to Leeds but to a different hotel probably.

1  Thank travelmumBelfast

Dear travelmumBelfast

Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Tripadvisor, in regard to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
Please be assured that all your feedback has been noted. I am sorry to read of your disappointment in regard to the Deluxe Room you were allocated and that it did not live up to your expectations.
Thank you once again for taking the time to place your feedback online. I am sorry to read that you feel unable to return to our hotel.