“Nice Hotel, a little pricey”
Review of Hilton Leeds City

Ranked #36 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I've stayed here a few times with work, most recently in December 2013

In short, It's clean & tidy, nice staff, alight Gym & pool, very good location, excellent restaurant.

But i think it's still a little pricey

Room Tip: Higher the better from what I've experienced, although the suits are quite cool too.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Daveyboy1878
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Daveyboy1878
Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback on Tripadvisor, in regard to your recent stay at the Hilton Leeds City.
Delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please be assured that all your comments have been noted.

Hilton Leeds City

Write a ReviewReviews (2,311)

Reviewed January 8, 2014

The Hilton hotel is in a great central location.Easy access to the hotel from the railway station & near all the shops, bars & restaurants. Loved the swimming pool. Good breakfast. Lovely room. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Jane882013
Thank you for taking the time to place your kind feedback on Tripadvisor, in regard to your recent stay at the Hilton Leeds City.
Great to hear that you enjoyed our hotel`s central location and that you found it beneficial to the great shops, bars and restaurants that Leeds has to offer.
Delighted to read that you found time to enjoy our swimming pool.
Please be assured that all your kind comments will be shared with my team at the Hilton Leeds City.
Thank you once again for taking the time to place your comments online.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

The location is right next to the train station which is brilliant. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was fine.
My only down fall was thd lack lf bath, I was really looking forward to having a bath as I don't have one at home!

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Shanika G
Delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular, our hotel`s central location and my team`s hospitality to you.
I am sorry to read that you were allocated a room without a bath. I appreciate that every guest has personal preference, and had you highlighted your concerns at the time, we would have been delighted to try and offer you a room with a bath. Please feel free to let my Reception team know, upon your next visit, and we will do our utmost to ensure that your personal requirements are met to your satisfaction.
Thank you once again for taking the time to place your comments online and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed at Leeds City Hilton for a 2 day New Year's Eve (NYE) break. Whilst my room looked good and was spotlessly clean , it was cold and the bathroom uncomfortably cold.....this despite the heating/aircon system being left on at the hottest setting for my entire stay! In fairness I never informed reception about the problem as once unpacked I did not relish the thought of having to repack and change rooms. Customer service was good, but annoyingly on check out day housekeeping staff disturbed me at both 8:20 a.m. and 10:20 a.m. wanting to know when I would be checking out! Fellow travellers on the same NYE break experienced the same problem! The bar in the 4th foor function suite served flat diet coke and friends drinking in the lounge bar were told on the 1st evening of their stay (30/12/13) that the bar had run out of various drinks !!!! Staff were friendly and the food was good but overall the stay was dissappointing so next time I am in Leeds I will stay at the Marriott instead.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear jazzy912

I am sorry to read of your disappointment in regards to your stay with us and that our hotel did not live up to your expectations.
Please be assured that all your feedback has been noted and will be shared with the relevant Heads of Department. I am sorry to read of your disappointment.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Thought we would have a bit of a change from our normal doubletree stay. Excellent location, clean rooms but just not the doubletree. It was the same price and we got a free upgrade due to being hilton honours members but there is no cookie which I love, no crabtree and Evelyn toiletries, the bar area was deserved (we didn't even bother using our free drinks vouchers) and the breakfast in the morning was definitely in the list of top 3 worst Hilton breakfasts ever! Overly sweet orange juice, tasteless coffee, weak tea, no sugar on the tables, horrible watery scrambled egg etc. I could go on but there was honestly nothing good to say about it - I'm so glad it was free due to us being diamond members - if I'd have paid the prices they charge for it there would have been a very unhappy customer standing at the reception desk.
Next time - back to the doubletree!

• Stayed: January 2014
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Kt051083

I am sorry to read of your disappointment in regards to your stay with us. I am sorry that our hotel did not live up to your expectations.
Delighted to read that you enjoy your stays at the Doubletree by Hilton Leeds City Centre, which is our sister hotel.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

good location , for train station , citys shops, pub, clubs. nice pool & over all nice place to stay.breakfast was very good lots to choose from. staff was very helpful. would stay again.happy days. gaz & shaz.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Gary S

Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback on Tripadvisor, in regard to your stay at the Hilton Leeds City on New Year`s Eve.
A belated Happy New Year to you!!
Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found time to visit the great shops, pubs and clubs of Leeds and even managing to have a swim in our Livingwell Health Club.
Delighted to read that you found my team helpful and accommodating to your needs.
Thank you once again for taking the time to place your comments online. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed a couple of nights are were not very happy with our room. We had booked a suite that was quite expensive, but it was rather small with a very narrow (160 cm) double bed. The room lacked amenities usually found in suites in this price range (eg expresso machine) and the heating was noisy and not efficient. The pool was ok and we enjoyed it a lot. Breakfast was also ok but average for an hotel of this class.

Room Tip: Even suites have narrow beds, if you want a large double bed best to check for availability before b...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Daniel M

Please be assured all your feedback has been noted, I am sorry that our hotel did not live up to your expectations.
Hilton do not offer expresso machines as standard in any room. I am sorry for your disappointment.