“Great Stay!”
Review of Hilton Leeds City

Ranked #37 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Myself and Friend travelled for the Easter weekend, arrived and checked in with a free upgrade to a suite. Everywhere was spotless, smelling lovely and great staff.
Suite was great, clean and tidy (as expected). Nice view of the train lines out the window too.
Enjoyed an hour at the hotel health club, nice pool area and facilities.
Breakfast was lovely, again friendly staff to welcome you to the table and plenty of selection to eat.
Would recommend to all, ideal location - 5 minute walk to the actual centre of Leeds (Train station less than that).

We also requested a late check out and was given this also for free. Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Anthony E
Thank you for taking the time to place your kind feedback on Tripadvisor, in regard to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
Delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly, enjoying your free room upgrade and late check out, your Hilton Breakfast, our hotel`s central location and my team`s service offered to you during your stay with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and thank you once again, for your kind comments.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Leeds City

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We had a one night stay here as a birthday treat and upgraded to a suite which was well worth it. The room was large, modern and clean with a lovely bathroom with large bath and walk-in shower. I requested a fridge in the room, which was huge! I needed it for storing breastmilk, but it would have been ideal for bottles of champagne!

The staff we encountered were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was self service buffet style and very good.

The big let down was the pool and spa. We booked this hotel specifically for this facility and were hugely disappointed. This area needs a complete revamp. There was loud dance music blasting from the speakers, which didn't really create a relaxing, calm atmosphere. The steam and sauna rooms were tiny and the jacuzzi was part of the pool so I doubt it would have been very warm. I never got to find out as it was packed the whole time we were there. In the end we gave up and I had a relaxing bubble bath instead!

All in all we had an enjoyable stay but I wouldn't go back because of poor spa experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank juliasuzanne

Dear juliasuzanne
Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback on Tripadvisor, further to your visit to the Hilton Leeds City, last September.
I have noted your observations. Fridges are not offered to all guests in each room. However, I am delighted that further to your request, my team were able to accommodate your needs and offer you a fridge, as requested.
Delighted that you enjoyed your Hilton Breakfast and found my team helpful and friendly.
I am sorry to read that the Livingwell Health Club Spa and swimming pool did not meet your expectations.
Thank you once again for taking the time to convey your feedback.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I travel extensively using the Hilton brand whenever possible, so this loyalty does get rewarded. A weekend stay, limited to bed and breakfast in the hotel, with forays in and out of the car park is the area of comment. Having read some of the recent comments on TA just before driving up from 'the South' I admit to being concerned. However, my fears were groundless. The room on 8th floor was fine, recently refurbished to a high standard.....yes, at that level there is little view of the skyline, but then the revellers tend to gravitate towards the upper floors. Staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Food--breakfast--was better than the 'normal Hilton'.....good variety of fruit, tables well spread etc. The car park is small and tight, but there are others very close, both covered and open.
One small warning....if you are visiting for the first time and driving do Google first. It can be a bit difficult to spot, especially if traffic is busy!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear NBG0301

Delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly, enjoying your 8th floor recently refurbished room, your Hilton Breakfast and my team`s hospitable service to you.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights as I was on a training course and the hotel was very close to the office.

First impressions were not that great, an escalator brings potential guests up to reception and on the way up views of the sports centre are visible together with the associated smell of sweaty bodies. Additionally decorative flags hanging from the ceiling were seen to be very dusty and grubby.

Having said that the room itself was OK, clean and tidy with a nice TV and bed. My room was several floors up which meant taking the lift. Many times I found the lifts simply didnt work or I had to wait ages.

I didnt eat dinner at the hotel resturant but the menu looked good. The bar served a variety of beers and wine and was a relaxing area.

Overall, the hotel looks a bit shabby and needs bringing into the 21st century but its OK for a quick business trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear gunnag

Thank you for taking the time to place your feedback on Tripadvisor, in regard to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
Our hotel was built in the 1970s, but we constantly invest in the property.
Please be assured that all your feedback has been noted and the appropriate corrective action taken.
Thank you once again, for placing your comments online.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight on business and it's a really decent hotel. Not overly flash, but clean, modern and in an excellent central location. It's got one of the tightest car parks I've ever used though - a few hairy moments going up and down between levels. Breakfast was ok, I've had better, but certainly had a lot worse too.

• Stayed: March 2013
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Phil_L_56
Delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, particularly, enjoying our hotel`s central location and Hilton Breakfast.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Newly refurbished rooms, nicely decorated and modern features. Very centrally located. Used the restaurant and I was not overly impressed with the food....not bad but just not that tasty. Breakfast in the morning was average as well...scrambled eggs floating in water and the hot breakfast just didn't look that tempting. Saying that other aspects of the hotel was very good - staff very friendly and helpful! Great gym/pool too.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Food_Travel_10
Delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you particularly enjoyed our hotel location, your allocated room, the Livingwell Health Club and found my team very friendly and helpful.
I am sorry to read of your disappointment in regards to our food offerings, especially at Breakfast. I have discussed your concerns at great length with my Executive Head Chef. Sincere apologies to you, there can be no excuse for the standard of food offered to you, during your stay with us.
Look forward to welcoming you back again, very soon and thank you for your valued feedback.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We usually stay at The Crowne Plaza, but as the Hilton was fairly close to the theatre and restaurant we were going to we thought we would give it a try.

I chose the deluxe room, but I thought it was fairly small. I do feel sorry for the hotel as recently refurbished, but our room was terrible, some guest had spilt red wine down the cupboard door and onto the floor, it must have been a whole bottle, and there were patches of what looked like bright red blusher here and there. The chair was very badly stained with wet patches.

The reception is on the third floor and whilst we drove and therefore saw the sign, we did see other confused guests on our way out, on the ground floor who were having to ask were reception was.

The receptionists were pleasant.

Last year I spent enough on my credit card to be upgraded to gold level on my Hilton Honors reward card - LOL it took all year and I lost the upgrade on the 1st January, I had booked the room whilst I was gold in the hope that we would get a room upgrade - no such luck. They didn't even mention that we were members

Crowne Plaza is a better option in my view. As a priority member (free to join) we have been given room upgrades, free drinks etc - they make you feel hat bit special - a nice touch.

Room Tip: Chose the Crowne Plaza
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jeppy

Dear jeppy

Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on Tripadvisor, in regard to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
I am sorry to read that our hotel did not live up to your expectations.
Please be assured that all your constructive feedback has been noted and the appropriate corrective action has been instigated. I am sorry to read of the unacceptable housekeeping standards that you experienced. Please accept my sincere apologies to you.
Thank you, once again for taking the time to place your comments online.