“Don't judge this hotel by it's exterior”
Review of Hilton Leeds City

Hilton Leeds City
Ranked #37 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
“Don't judge this hotel by it's exterior”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night on business. When I arrived at hotel I looked up at it's facade towering about the train station and thought that I was about to let myself in for a re-run of my Radisson Scandinavia, Oslo experience. How wrong could I have been!

The inside of the hotel was fresh and had recently be renovated to a very good standard. Reception staff were friendly and attentive.

Room and communal areas were well looked after. My room (1010) was on 10th floor overlooking train station. It was very modern and contemporary with a very comfortable bed. Bathroom was spotless and had a great shower. Room had lots of mirrors which made it seem bigger and brighter.

I had breakfast delivered to my room in the morning. Great selection of pastries and a good coffee and it arrived on at the time specified.

Would stay again if in Leeds. At £100 B&B this is a bargain.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Janet M, PA to the General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Mark B

Thank you for your kind feedback that you have placed on Tripadvisor, further to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, particularly recently refurbished Room 1010 and the Hilton Breakfast that was offered to you via Room Service.
Thank you once again, for taking the time to comment. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

General Manager Hilton Leeds City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
Nottinghamshire
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and family stayed here for a night whilst Christmas shopping in the centre of Leeds. The rooms were clean,quiet and well maintained. We stayed in a king suite which is slightly larger than the standard room. ( Although space was very limited when sitting on the toilet) There is no executive lounge at this hilton but we did get two small bottles of wine,two bags of crisps two Yorkies and two apples in the room which was a nice touch. The hotel is situated about five minutes walk from the centre of town ideal for the shops and dining. The breakfast selection is extremely good with food to suit both vegetarians and meat eaters. If you want a relaxing stay this hotel will provide this

Room Tip: The king suites are worth that little extra
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Janet M, PA to General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear 1soupdragon

Thank you for your kind comments that you have placed on Tripadvisor, further to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, particularly the Hilton Breakfast offered to you.

Washington, UK
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Checked into a room here for a Saturday night stay. Location very handy for the train station - staff were friendly upon check-in. We were allocated a room on the 11th floor. The room was nice, no minibar which I found a bit strange.

There were some empty glasses that had been left outside the room until the evening, inside the room - particularly the bathroom you could easily see that certain areas had not been cleaned. It wasn't really the standard expected.

Further to this, the batteries must have gone on the remote control as I was not able to get the tv working for the duration of our stay. This was a disappointing standard, but I decided not to make a fuss. The health and fitness facilities were good, although the jacuzzi is quite cold as its the same water as the pool. These do close at 8pm on weekends, which I thought was a bit early!

Didn't stay long enough to have breakfast, but did have some drinks in the bar and sat next to the famous Christmas tree!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear pwelch

Thank you for your valued feedback that you have placed on Tripadvisor, further to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
Please be assured your comments have been noted and the appropriate corrective action has since been taken. We do have Duty Management available 24/7 to assist guests with their every need, should you have highlighted your concerns during your stay with us. I am sorry for your disappointment.

General Manager Hilton Leeds City

Travelers are raving about these Leeds hotels

glasgow
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights while we were attending a festival in the city so didn't spend an awful amount of time in the hotel but the room was nice and modern with complimentary wine, water and fruit which wasn't expected. The bathroom was small but sufficient and the complimentary toiletries and bath robes were a nice touch. We ate in the restaurant on the first night as we arrived quite late and tired and the food was really excellent - one of the few places able to provide a rare steak when asked for. We had breakfast on the last morning before check out and there was a good selection of cooked and continental items. Check in and out was speedy and staff were all very pleasant. The car park was a bit of a nightmare and I'm not sure somebody with a really big car would have managed it. We got the room on an offer and it was particularly good value but I'm not sure I would have paid full price as it did seem a bit pricey for a nice, but not overly special, place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Janet M, PA to General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear julie m

Please be assured your feedback has been noted.

Manchester
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I found the Hilton Leeds City as somewhat different to most other Hilton Hotels I know or have stayed at, and somewhat alarmed to be confronted by a fully decorated Christmas Tree at the top of the escalator as one enters the 3rd floor Reception area - especially as it was only the 4th November.
Overall is an 'OK' hotel - not good, not bad, but one isn't really able to relax in the City3 bar lounge area because of the incessant noise from the 4 escalators that lead up to the 3rd floor. Like most other chain hotels the choice of draught beer is abysmal, and maybe I would describe the hotel as being one of the least inspiring in which I have stayed. However, there is a redeeming feature and that's 'the rooms'. Modern, up to date, very well laid out, and I enjoyed a good night's sleep. Perhaps then a good hotel for a 1 or 2 night stay on business?
Another feature of which I personally disapprove is the Costa Coffee facility at the bar. I much prefer the hotel to offer me something different. If I want a Costa then I will go to a Costa outlet on the High Street! Finally - breakfast. Being someone who really does enjoy the first meal of the day I do have to say that the standard of a full English Breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: I really suspect that all rooms are truly functional
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear alanwm

Thank you for your feedback that you have placed on Tripadvisor, further to your recent visit to the Hilton Leeds City.
Please be assured your comments have been noted. I am sorry to read of your disappointment in regards to our Christmas display. Our Christmas tree is there purely to promote our festive party nights prior to a large 20 foot Christmas tree arriving early December.
Thank you once again, for your valued feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Nottinghamshire
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had a deluxe room, which we got on an offer, but at a non-refundable rate. So, I have no idea what the standard rooms are like, but our room was very nice. It was modern and contemporary, not overly big, but comfortable and everything you would expect in a Hilton. We also had some complimentary items, not the bathrobe, slippers and water stated on the website, but wine, chocolate bars, crisps and fruit. We didn't have breakfast so can't comment.

Check in was quick, the concierge also stored our bags until we could check in. Parking was £15 for 24 hours. The car park is tight, but other than that it was fine.

The bar area is a nice place to sit. Prices were about what you would expect for a city centre Hilton (£3.80 a pint, £4 bottle of Peroni). Food seemed quite pricey, but we didn't eat here or see any ot the food so can't comment on whether it was worth the price.

Overall it was a very enjoyable stay and the best bit is you are in the centre of the city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Janet M, PA to General Manager at Hilton Leeds City, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear NicP77

Please be assured your feedback has been noted.