“Great hotel”

Ranked #24 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Dublin, Ireland
“Great hotel”
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Hotel in the center of Leeds.
All major shops nearby.
Nightlife 5 to 10 minutes away.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
England
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights (Friday and Saturday) in August.

The hotel is right in the heart of Leeds and so parking is at a premium which is to be expected. We used valet parking the first night as we were in a rush to get out but the carpark is literally next door (drive into the square, straight past the entrance and turn right, you can walk back to the hotel even faster on foot through a gap in the corner of the square).

The rooms were not particularly large but this is town centre England. More importantly though, they were spotless. A couple of minor maintenance issues such as a broken reading light and another light left unplugged but not really an issue. The bed unfortunately was bouncy and sloped to the middle, not very comfortable compared with others we've stayed in.

We had asked for quiet rooms and were put in rooms on the side of the building facing Briggate. The mattress didn't help but I was conscious of the sounds of shouting from the street and police sirens at intervals. The second night I looked closely at the window and felt quite a draught even when closed. It didn't seem to fit properly so that, maybe, was why the room was noisy. The second night we slept with the aircon on, noisy in its own way but better than intermittant noise.

The staff on reception and in the restaurant were very friendly and looked like they really enjoyed their jobs. Full marks to the restaurant staff on the Sunday morning, breakfast was packed and they were working flat out but were still cheerful and helpful. A real credit to the hotel.

If you are looking for a hotel right in the thick of things then read the reviews carefully and consider staying here!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank TA_user_in_England
London
Reviewed September 6, 2009

With a offer that worked out a £40 per night, per room for a quality hotel we can have no complaints.

That said ,check-in was a little rushed and the room would have been too warm without using the air conditioning, which was rather loud.

lancashire
Reviewed September 1, 2009

Having spent 2 nights at this hotel I was disapointed and won't be going back.
Arriving at the hotel check in was good, rooms nice although a little dated.
When asking for directions to Bodington Hall the congerige laughed at us and stated bodingtons beer was the only bodingtons around and started to make jokes about my request to others, having lived in Leeds all his life I expected him to be aware of Bodington Hall actually being the universities sports facilities!!
On Saturday morning I was awoken by room keeping knocking on doors along the corridor at 8.30am, she entered my room and as I had just woken up she left only to return half an hour later, When leaving the room for the day I let her know so she could clean the room, I returned later that day and the room hadnt been done. What a stupid time to start cleaning rooms at, its a city centre hotel which had large groups staying, all of who did not like being woke up at 8.30am on a Saturday.
We decided to order breakfast buns for collection, when i arrived at the lobby to collect these the only member of staff was at reception and didn't know the service was offered and sent me to the resturant, where a member of staff sent me back to the lobby, having waited 10 minutes someone arrived and started making the two teas I ordered although it took another five minutes for my breakfast to arrived, obvsious my order was forgotten about and quickly cooked while I waited, considing this service is advertised as a pick up on your way out facility, it included a long wait while no other customers were present. When I finally got my breakfast it took another 5 minutes to get sauce which was requested on my order and I found a long blonde hair in the middle of my sandwich, I didnt complain about this as having waited so long for my breakfast and being make fun of by the congerige I just wanted to leave.
When checking out it was clear my breakfast order was forgotten as it wasnt on the room bill - considering the size and star rating for this hotel, charging room accounts should be standard.
Overall I was very very disappointed with this hotel and won't be visiting Marriott again.

• Stayed July 2009
2 Thank weddingplanner87
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2009

We've just spent the Bank holiday here, 3 nights on the 3 for 2 promotion, so only paid £130 total. Great price for a great hotel. Marriott, as always lives up to a high standard with clean modern rooms and great staff services. We didn't have breakfast included and at £14.99 pp a bit pricey considering your in the central city so there are loads of cheaper options on your door step. Parking was quite expensive again as it is the city centre, so we managed to find parking on the outskirts.
Over all a fab stay in a great city, hope to visit again one day.

London UK
Reviewed August 26, 2009

We stayed at the Leeds Marriott for three days (Friday to Monday) and got a 2 for 3 deal by booking directly with them (£130 3 nights room only)

We arrived about 11.30am and were greeted very warmly by reception and given a choice of rooms immediately (room with a view or quieter etc)

We chose a quieter room on the 5th floor overlooking the inside of the hotel – it actually had quite a good view over Leeds.

The room was of a high standard, nicely furnished with big flat screen TV and modern bathroom with bath & lots of toiletries. It was very quite within the hotel, but please be warned that Friday & Saturday nights are very busy & noisy in the town centre into the small hours, and whichever room you choose, some of this noise will be heard – the nice thing about the Marriott is that its in its own courtyard, so tucked away from the bustle of the town centre – a real advantage compared to other hotels we saw.

We used the hotel swimming pool a couple of times – it’s a reasonable size & very clean.

Only complaints – Internet in the rooms is very expensive & if you don’t have breakfast included its expensive at £15 per person – we went out to Wetherspoons.

The Marriott is very centrally located, 5 minutes from the station & a few minutes from most shops, restaurants & the excellent market.

So if you want a central base in Leeds we would certainly recommend this hotel.

scunthorpe
Reviewed August 25, 2009

Stopped one night on a saturday. Excellent staff. Room is modern, trendy and very clean.
Pool facilities very good. Breakfast is buffet style and very good.
1st class hotel in a perfect location for leeds shops and night life.
will use this hotel next time we go to leeds.