“Central location, nice room, pleasant stay”

Leeds Marriott Hotel
Ranked #23 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Lowestoft, England, United Kingdom
“Central location, nice room, pleasant stay”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

I stayed here on business for one night as my employers were hosting a conference there the next day. The hotel is very central to the city, just a few minutes walk from Leeds railway station.

I received a friendly welcome in reception and was pleased to find I had been given an upgrade to an executive room. The upgraded room had a sofa, large comfy bed, complimentary bottled water, tray of boiled sweets and a bathrobe. The room was a good size with plenty of powerpoints. The downside was that the Internet wasn't free...£6 an hour or £15 for 24 hours.

The bathroom was nicely presented with a large range of toiletries. The hotel has a leisure centre (heated pool, gym, steam room and sauna) which was complimentary for guests although I didn't use the facilities. I also didn't eat dinner in the restaurant so cannot comment on the food or service in the restaurant.

Breakfast included a nice selection of fresh fruit and good variety of hot options. Service was polite and efficient. The conference facilities were good, although I wasn't involved in organising the event so cannot comment further.

Overall I was happy with my stay, the only niggle being the charge for the Wi-Fi.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Davidjellis
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Davidjellis

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us apart from the cost of the WIFI in the bedrooms.
The charges are set by our head office but we do provide free WIFI in all the public areas.

The charges are reviewed on an annual basis and we do take into account guests comments.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Paul Collins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
England
Reviewed July 25, 2014

The rooms are spacious, the beds/pillows are comfy. The hotel is right in the centre of Leeds. The staff are very friendly and there is always someone around offering to help.
The hotel does not have any on site parking, but there is an NCP car park very close to the hotel and the Marriott offers discount for guests staying with them.
Unfortunately, we only stayed for one night so did not have chance to experience the spa facilities.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the Centre of Leeds. I have stayed in a number of hotels in Leeds and found this one to be the most enjoyable so far and the most convenient.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Gingersweets
Dear Gingersweets

Thank you for the great review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

I think the only thing to add to your review is to stay 2 nights and have some relaxation in the Leisure Club.

Llandudno
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Spent a weekend at this hotel for work purposes. The staff were very friendly during check in and the bar staff were helpful with directions and places to visit in Leeds. Room was clean, spacious and what I needed for a 2 night stay. If you're looking for something fancy, go somewhere else but this hotel was great for me.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank CathyTee19
Dear CathyTee19

Thank you for your review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott .

I am very pleased you enjoyed the hotel and the service from the staff.

South Yorkshire
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Very nice hotel, right in the heart of Leeds City centre, right across the street from the Trinity centre.
Hotel is very smart and clean and has a nice upmarket feel. We stayed on a Saturday Night in May 2014 - the hotel was busy with wedding parties and the usual mix of weekend trippers - atmosphere in the hotel was always warm and friendly with no hint of noise or trouble - I guess you get a decent class of people in a Marriot. Had a pleasant evening in the city centre, a meal at the trinity then onto some pubs, finally back to the hotel bar which was very busy and had a great Saturday night atmosphere

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PaulMUK
Dear PaulMUK

Thank you for your review.

I am very pleased you had a great stay with us and i hope you sampled all that the Hotel and Leeds has to offer.
We hope to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Arrived on a Sunday evening and had booked with valet parking. No valet available so I parked in front of the hotel. Generally understaffed both on Sunday night and Monday morning when we waited 5 minutes before being seated in an almost empty breakfast room. Rooms feel a little tired. Plenty of other hotels in Leeds Centre to choose from.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Tim L
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Tim L,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review following your recent stay.

I apologise that our service was not up to our usual standard. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you wish to discuss your stay further, at paul.collins@marriotthotels.com.

I hope that we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future and regain your trust.

Regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We arrived on Saturday to attend our friend's birthday. We understood that daily parking is £9. At night, we had to take out the car quickly but called the reception first and they said it's fine, we will have to pay another £9 but this will be refunded on check out. The next day upon check out, the lady at the reception said otherwise, she said there is no refund, and rather dismissively, she added 'IT IS NOT OUR CARPARK'. I was not very impressed by the fact that they are inconsistent with the info being given to guests on parking. To make the story short, we paid £18 in total for the parking for one-night stay.

Room- few observations:

Our room was at 154. The mattress definitely needs replacing, felt like it was lumpy bumpy in the middle. Not very good at all. Also, looks like the housekeeping forgot to empty the bin well, a condom wrapper was left sticking at the bottom. Tap at the sink needs to be replaced, when you turn it on the water goes out at the sides of the tap. Not very earth-friendly. It was hot over the weekend so we turned the fan on, and whoa, the smell was terrible! kind of fishy. Smelt like we were right next to the chippy!

Breakfast was okay, there were hot and cold selections. Overall, hotel is in very good location but based on our experience, I would not say rooms and service are excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MercMini
Dear MercMini,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at the Leeds Marriott.

I am disappointed that your stay was not u to our usual standards. I apologise for the inconsistency in communication with regards to the car park, your comments have been passed on to our Front Office Manager who will ensure that all staff are fully informed.

We are in the process of replacing all of the mattresses throughout the hotel, but I have passed on your comments to our Head of Housekeeping and maintenance department who will follow up with the problems raised in Room 154.

If you wish to discuss your stay further please do not hesitate to contact me at paul.collins@marriotthotels.com.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future and regain your trust.

Regards,

Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed at the Marriott Hotel the week before the Tour de France was due to start so Leeds was buzzing with anticipation. I stayed at the hotel for a business trip. The hotel staff are very helpful and friendly. During my stay I had dinner in the hotel several times and the food was very good with excellent service. Breakfast was also very good. There is an excellent gymnasium in the basement of the hotel which opens up very early in the morning to accomodate early risers.
Location is good, all the city attractions, good restuarants and bars are within walking distance. For those with transport there is a carpark adjacent to the hotel and there is a discount offered to hotel residents.All in all an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank 88Wes
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Dear 88Wes

Thank you for your review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

Leeds was buzzing with excitement as well as the rest of Yorkshire with the Grand Depart so you came to Leeds at the right time.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed all the hotel has to offer during your stay.