“Overnight stay”

Ranked #23 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Livingston, United Kingdom
“Overnight stay”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Arrived very late due to Tour De France, had dinner reservation elsewhere and asked if check in could be quick, they were happy to do this, car parking is valet as there is no where to leave your car, i did feel £20 per night was excessive and was not on website or mentioned when we booked, room was large with 2 beds, breakfast was £17.50 each so we gave this a miss and walked around the corner to Bella Italia where we had a full English plus unlimited coffee for £14. I would stay again as very central if a bit difficult to locate if you are not from Leeds

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mandy H
GuestMarriott, Public Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear Mandy H

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

Thank you for your feedback on the price for car parking and breakfast.

We do have a 24 hour rate with nearby Trinity car park of £9 and at present we are also doing a full hot and cold buffet for £10 per person.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the very near future.

Paul Collins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Went there several times.

Once, they told me that the only room left available was a smoking room (despite booking the room well in advance). The room was of course stinky of cigarettes, and was not even very clean. Was also noisy, since on the first floor overlooking the main street.

I went back to reception, to see if another room was available, but was told none were. After arguing for 30 minutes, they finally found another room, which was fully prepared and ready to be used. When I challenged them on why they didn't give me that room to start with, they said that it had probably been cancelled recently, although it was already 10pm (so unlikely for someone to cancel so late, without having to pay for the room anyway). Clearly, it was a very poor explanation.

When one of my colleague asked for a smoking room the following week, they said the hotel didn't have smoking rooms...

Other rooms were quite nice, fairly quiet and quite large. The hotel is very well located (closed to the station, and main streets), and has a public car park nearby. Breakfast and dinner are quite nice too, in a well decorated room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear LondonSeb

Please accept my apologies for being given incorrect information regarding the room type you were allocated for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.
I am very puzzled as to why you were informed that you were allocated a smoking room as we have been a non-smoking hotel for over 2.5 years now.
I will of course be looking into why you were given the wrong information.

Thank you for highlighting the above to us and also for the great comments about the hotel in general.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the very near future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

The rooms are affordable and are kept clean and tidy.
The reception is beautiful and the staff were very helpful and friendly made you feel welcome.
Hotel in a great location.
I agree with all previous posts.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank derekk79
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear derekk79

Thank you for your great review.

I am very pleased that you had a great stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott

I hope we are able to welcome you back in the very near future.

Londra, Regno Unito
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

We had a double room booked in my friend's name. He checked in and paid for the room in the morning and made sure my name was on too so I could have been allowed to go in to the room on my arrival, which would have been before him. Unfortunately when in the evening I arrived in reception, the manager didn't allow me in and asked me to wait in reception because apparently, there was no key left in my name. When my friend arrived, he actually showed the manager where to check in the pigeon hole for the key. The manager, instead of apologising, started to look for excuses that didn't make any sense. Eventually we were offered a bottle of wine to close the matter. We then decided to have dinner in our room. The liver my friend had, was actually amazing; instead the Cobb salad I had was horrible. Funny enough, the ingredient that gives the name to the salad, was the only one missing, so we had to call the kitchen again for the sauce, furthermore a few salad leaves were rotten. Around 8 am they started to do some works with the hammer in the hotel, which stopped us from sleeping further. I don't think I would like to go back there as the standard in the overall was quite low.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear laurasuper79

I am very disappointed that you had problems on checking in and the food was no up to our usual high standard.
I have passed on your comments regarding the food to our Executive Head Chef and I have also spoken to our Front of House Manager regarding your check-in.
Please accept my apologies for the poor service.

Please let me know when you will be returning to Leeds and i will ensure you have great stay with us.
I hope we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We planned a weekend break in York, but because the Marriott there was full we booked into the one in Leeds. The drive from there to York was only 35 minutes long and the Park and Ride is to be recommended. It is a nice hotel in good location, although because of its central position it is not quiet on a Friday or Saturday night, as the various venues in the area make it busy. Staff very helpful and pleasant. Breakfast is excellent. Very well catered for, lots of choice and a large quantity. Room was clean and daily room service kept it so. In all hotels nothing is perfect, but generally the standard of this one was very good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hollypal
Dear Hollypal

Thank you for the review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.
I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

With our central location we are in the heart of Leeds and that makes us very well placed for all that Leeds has to offer.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Leeds Marriott on Saturday 28th June as I was going out round leeds for someone's leaving do and this hotel was the perfect location it is central and everything from shops (trinity leeds) restaurants and bars are right on your door step (so no trouble with taxis) also the train station is probably less than 5 minutes walk. The exterior was lovely and well everything inside the hotel was beautiful. I stayed in room 219 and the room had two double beds and was very spacious also was a lovely room I did have room only so can't comment on food at the hotel however the bar and restaurant did look really posh. All the staff were very professional and welcoming. I would 100% recommend this to anyone who is wanting a super hotel in a super location with Super Service. I am going to stay here again in July I just hope I can get a room again at the fantastic £79.00. One word to sum up my first experience with Marriott Tremendous :-)

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank donna88marie
Dear donna88marie

Well what more can i say to add to your review except I am very pleased you had a Tremendous stay with us.

I hope we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the very near future.

london
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

The rooms were a good size with really comfy beds.
Good bar & breakfast was lovely.
Just round the corner from the train station right in the centre of town.
Would definitely stay here again. Good value for a really nice stay.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank heather3476
Dear heather3476

Thank you for your great review.
I am delighted you had a great visit to Leeds and the hotel was ideally located for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Marriott in the very near future.