“Beautiful City Hotel”

Leeds Marriott Hotel
Ranked #25 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed November 5, 2013

When we arrived we were upgraded to an executive room, which was very large and spacious. We overlooked the street but the secondary glazing kept the noise out. The bed was a super kingsize which was very comfy. The bedding was white and immaculate . Lovely bathroom with nice toiletries. There was plenty of tea/ coffee/ milk and lovely biscuits. There was a mini bar in the fridge but it is computerised so if items are removed then you are charged for them. There is also a trouser press and safe.
We used the valet parking £19.95 for 24 hours but you didn't have to worry about parking and they were happy to bring the car to entrance at short notice .
I would have given this lovely hotel 5* rating but I felt it was overpriced - breakfast was £17.50 and a grill meal charged separately -£3+ for each veg and steaks were an average of £30+.
Don't let this put you off though because you are in the heart of the City with the shops all around you. There is McD, Subway, Burger King etc seconds away. There are lots of very close restaurants nearby too.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Blakes71
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Blakes71

Thank you for your review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

I am pleased you enjoyed your up-graded room and all the Executive amenities.

I am sorry you were disappointed with the price for breakfast but we do serve an extensive range of food.

As you also say we are in the heart of Leeds so we are surrounded by a large selection of places to eat and shop ect.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Paul Collins

Write a ReviewReviews (2,205)

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Arrived just after noon so took our chance and asked for early check in! Receptionist couldn't have been more helpful, we were checked in and upgraded. Third floor room was very comfortable with queen size bed. We didn't have breakfast so can't comment, but our overall impression was great, would love to stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dknewyork25
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear dknewyork25

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us especially the early check in and the upgrade.
We always do our best to check guests in early so you can get settled and relax.

I hope we are able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We'd booked the Marriott for a girls weekend & travelled as a party of six - two in each room. The hotel was, was as described a short walk from Leeds train station, and as we arrived early were able to leave our cases with reception.
The hotel is well located for the shops, with a short walk across the road to the Trinity Centre.
Check in was straight forward with a cash pay now option or the swipe of a card & the hotel receptionist was kind enough to book a taxi for the evening after we'd asked how far the evenings Resturant was.
The rooms were spacious with twin queen beds in & nice towels (including a spare!) there was tea & coffee facilities & a mini bar though any alcoholic drinks had to be ordered via room service. Importantly for us, there was enough plug sockets & mirrors for us to both be getting ready at the same time, and the hair dryer was ok.
The bedding was lovely quality & beds comfy perhaps a bit erring on soft but it was a good nights sleep.
Didn't have breakfast preferring a cafe in the centre & check out was busy - as expected at 12 pm on a Sunday. We were able to leave our cases at hotel until the train was due later. I'd be happy to stay again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Noodle0873

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are ideally located for all that Leeds has to offer so once you are here everything is on your doorstep.

Thank you for your feedback on the room as well re the plugs and mirrors.

I hope to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I brought a group of 22 people over for the weekend. Location was ideal, right in the heart of Leeds with shops, bars and restaurants only foot steps away! We had a group meal in the Midtown grill which was excellent. The room I stayed in was a twin room with 2 big double beds. Rooms were clean and we were very happy with them. Breakfast was plentiful and busy which is a good sign. Hotel also kept luggage after check out until our departure which was very convienent. Would stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Anita D

Thank you for your great review.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
The hotel is very well positioned in the City Centre for all that Leeds has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Excellent city centre location hotel . We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis and breakfast had a good varied choice suiting most tastes with an added bonus of flexibility in being able to eat between 7 a.m until noon on Sunday morning.
The rooms were adequate and a good leisure club with a gym & swimming pool were easily accessible.
Good subsidised parking near by in the Trinity car park at £9 per 24 hrs just across the square for easy access.
The staff were excellent and very helpful with all our requirements.Would not hesitate at staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jumbok

Dear jumbok

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and the extra hours lie in on Sunday morning and still get your breakfast up till 12 noon.

Now that Trinity have taken over the car park we are able to offer a better discounted rate to our Guests.

I hope to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Being pretty local to Leeds it is not often I have the need to stay in a hotel, but this was a very pleasant stay. The room was very comfortable, albeit with low lighting levels. Otherwise can't fault it.

One severe drawback was the wait for breakfast on Saturday morning. Gave up the ghost and came back for 11.00am when the a seat could be found. Beware if you are hoping for a quick get-away!

Oh, and call me old-fashioned, but to have a to use your room card key to operate the lift was a pain on the way to your room with baggage. Every journey I took in the lift took three times longer than normal as everyone was confused!

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the main street but we heard no noise whatsoever.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nigel C

Dear NigelC1959

I am pleased that you overall had a pleasant stay with us.
At the weekend breakfast can be very busy between 8.30am & 10am so dining early or later is always recommended.

To enhance our security we have had the lifts fitted with the key entry system so as to restrict any non-residents accessing the guest floors.
I do hope this explains the thinking behind the upgrade.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have stayed here several times over the past 15 years (long story), and each time I dislike it but this time I hated it. Only two staff for check in and a long queue. No upgrade as others had paid for executive rooms (I am a Platinum Marriott member), no apology, no concern really. Room minuscule, bed like a trampoline and dipped in the middle. Very poor sleep owing to street noise all night, although that is hardly Marriott's fault. Then - a 20 minute queue for breakfast and few tables cleared. We left and ate elsewhere. The hotel knew they were fully booked, so why no more staff? Fortunately, the voice in lthe lift knew what was happening, I'm not convinced about the staff.

Room Tip: Cannot think of anything helpful. Rooms along the side are marginally quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elizabeth H

Dear Elizabeth H

I am disappointed to hear that you are not happy with the hotel.
To help us fully understand what you don’t like about the hotel i would like to hear from you.
I can be contacted by email paul.collins@marriotthotels.com or by phone 0113 2366366

I look forward to hearing from you.