“Beds need to be renewed”

Leeds Marriott Hotel
Ranked #25 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed October 29, 2013

In room 454 the bed is old that you feel the bed springs . Restaurant nice menu and the bar looks great. But if you are here to sleep look for a hotel with comfortable beds. I sure hope Marriott is not selleing these beds in their online shop. Not worth the money

Room Tip: romms are rather noisy close to the railroad
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ChrisN8090OL
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear ChrisN8090OL

Thank you for your review.

Please accept my apologies for the condition of your bed.

We are in the process of replacing the mattresses as i am sure you will appreciate this takes some time to complete.
Please let me know when you will be staying with us again and i will ensure you have a great stay with us.

Paul Collins

Write a ReviewReviews (2,183)

Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel online for 1 night, only had the executive rooms available £170 thought its a bit steep but since its an executive room it must be something special, upon arriving there was nothing special about the executive room at all, it is EXACTLY like a premier in the only difference is they have a mini bar and the colour scheme is purple, the shower was basically a disabled persons wet room as it had a seat in the shower NO BATH? all in all this was not worth £170 but thanks for taking advantage, if the management do read this then go to a premier inn before you put a standard "we are sorry" reply and you will know exactly why I'm writing this review.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Honest-Toe
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Honest-Toe

Thank you for your review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

To enable me to look into the points you have raised in your review i ill need some more information
Could you please contact me either by calling on 0113 2366366 or email me with a contact phone number and a convenient time to call you.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This was my third stay at the Leeds Marriott and I would pick it every time. Staff all very friendly and helpful, rooms immaculately clean and spacious, great shower, comfiest beds ever, great location, excellent breakfast...need I go on? Since I was last there three years ago the breakfast room has been changed and is now self service (better) an the hotel bar has been changed, also for the better. My one gripe was having to pay £1 for BBQ sauce on the design your own burger in the bar...but everything else fab.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Becky_Hull

Thank you for your review.

I am please they you like the Midtown Grill and 1871 Bar they have been open now for 18 months and I am glad you agree that they are an improvement on the old product.

We hope to see you again soon

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I am getting fed up writing about my poor experiences at Marriott properties...so suffice to stay I am now going to stop staying at any Marriott branded hotel. The company has forgotten that the main reason people use hotels is to sleep. Providing beds that are so old that the mattress literally folds in the middle so that you roll into your partner and feel like you are sleeping uphill does not do that. My wife literally resorted to sleeping on the floor. The rooms overall are of 1980's livery and desperately need upgrading to justify this hotels supposedly premium branding...

1  Thank Neil H

Dear Neil H

Thank you for your review.

As per our discussion re the condition of your mattress I can only once again apologise and explain again that the mattresses here at the Leeds Marriott are in the process of being replaced.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on a one night visit to leeds. On check in, we were offered an upgrade for £40 to get a better room, access to the members lounge (free drink and nibbles from 5.30-8.30pm), and breakfast the next morning! This was definitely worth the money. The room was lovely and cosy. Visited the spa in the morning and the pool was spotless, as was the jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. Overall a lovely stay and very reasonably priced. Would definitely recommend and will probably return if we ever go back to leeds! :-)

Dear Nataliexox

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us especially the upgraded package and the Leisure Club.

I hope we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed one night as we were attending a charity function at the Hotel. The hotel is nice and is situated in the centre of Leeds close to shops and nightlife.

Our room was overlooking the street however the glazing meant you hear nothing it was clean and tidy and with everything you expect.

Breakfast was good and good selection of food was very busy but there was no waiting for food as pointed out in previous posts.

My main critism was service from the desk staff. When I booked I had been told a number of rooms had been set aside for people attending the function at a concessioned rate. When i rang the hotel I was told that the rooms had gone so had to book at normal rate. I queried this with the events organiser who after a quick phone call to the manager said there was still rooms left at the concessioned rate. So I rang back explained what had happened and was told it was a mistake and I would be now booked in on the new rate.

When we woke our bill had been pushed under the door and showed the room at normal rate and also use of the mini bar (which you need to watch). On the way to breakfast I went to the desk to querie the cost to be told by the girl on the desk she couldnt do anything till she could speak to her manager who wasnt there at that moment although she was joined by a further lady who I later found to be her manager and could have sorted it there and then. As for the mini bar bill she said we must have moved something in the fridge and deducted it.

When I returned to sort the bill the bar issue seemed to be a common theme as most had been charged and queried it, as for my room i got it sorted but after a bit of a to do.

I have marked my stay average as there is no good option, the service by the desk and booking staff let the place down.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear PDents

Please accept my apologies for the confusion with the room rates and the way the enquiry was handled.
The minibar charges items automatically when they are moved so from time to time we have to make adjustments when the items have not been used.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Previous visits to Marriott hotels had led us to expect an average sort of experience. We were pleasantly surprised to find a hotel belonging to this chain which was a bit better than the rest. The staff were invariably pleasant, polite and helpful. Our room (although a bit dark) was spacious and very clean and comfortable. The breakfast experience was very good and the swimming pool and related facilities were of a high standard. One real disappointment was the one evening meal we had which we did not enjoy as it did seem rather "ordinary" for a hotel of this standing. Also, the hotel is very well placed for the centre of the city for shopping and entertainment. However, the local area - including the hotel's own bar - is a focal point for late evening activity which can be rather noisy although the hotel's double glazing is pretty effective to keep the noise out.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Ian C

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we exceeded your expectations.

As you have said the hotel is in the centre of Leeds so all the shopping night life and restaurants are on the doorstep.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.