“3 night stay”

Leeds Marriott Hotel
Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Yet again another most relaxing stay in Leeds , this hotel has to be the best placed in the city as it is close to all amenities , the staff are all very pleasant and if you have a problem they get it sorted as quick as they possibly can . A bit of a bonus now is the cheaper car parking the NCP has been taken over by trinity shopping and a 24 hour stay is now £9.00 instead of the astronomical £17.50 ,you di however need to have your car park ticket stamped in the reception of the hotel to get this rate .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Andy B

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and the service you received.

The Car Parking arrangements are much improved since Trinity shopping centre have taken it over.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Paul Collins

Write a ReviewReviews (2,161)

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Booked a 22+ person conference overnight. Staff were hardworking but condition of facilities were extremely poor. We had 4 meeting rooms, all had scuffed walls, stained carpets, stained curtains, wall panels that didn't close, one light switch came off the wall when I pressed it. Plethora of of glass tables around that we're full of greasy marks and prints. Whole impression was one of grubbiness and the telephones with deposits of unidentified brown stuff on them were particularly unpleasant. Originally arrived to find rooms had been set up with scuffed and scratched Mdf meeting tables and had to insist that they were covered in tablecloths. I'm a manager of private hospitals and I understand the cost of refurbs but there has to be a minimum standard. And there is no excuse for dirty facilities. Bedroom was in better condition, small but comfortable however even when noisy aircon is off there is a constant airflow noise which was enough to keep me awake, gave up after 4 hours.

Room Tip: Ask if they have one with no aircon noise even when it's off.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hvs_10

Dear hvs_10

Thank you for your review.

We have taken on board your comments and feedback.
Our Conference and Events Manager will also be in touch with you to discuss the points raised.

Please accept my apologies for the condition of the rooms.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night on a weekend shopping trip. The stay wasn't without a couple of problems, however the staff were so helpful that the problems became great memories! Tom and Kate in the restaurant were so helpful and friendly that they made our first stay in a Marriott Hotel so good that we have booked a family break at Marriott Preston! Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear 09Berry74

Thank you for your review for you recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with especially the service you received

I hope we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed here on a Business Trip, it was for one night only but I would not stay in this hotel again.

The hotel facilities were good or on par with any other Marriott and the staff were relatively friendly, however I have to say the cleanliness of this hotel was shocking. I arrived a little after 3pm to check in and the Reception Staff were pleasant although evidently a little preoccupied with their social conversation.

I made my way to my room, on the face of things it was pleasant enough and was fairly standard for your average hotel chain. After a little time in the room I decided to have a drink and tried to get something from the mini bar, however it was very badly stocked. Not a surprise as the era of the mini bar is coming to an end, however it was a very half hearted attempt with no water or diet soft drinks. Not a big deal!

I decided that I would get a quick nap before getting ready to go to dinner with customers, however when I looked more closely at the bedding I was horrified by what I found. There were numerous hairs in the bed, which I think is unacceptable in the hotel business as cleanliness should be the number one priority. Given the quantity of hair in the bed I was concerned about the general cleanliness, so I inspected the bedding a little more closely. I continued to find issues and some horrified me even more, on the sheet around the top of the bed there was a stain which appeared to be dried blood. Not alarming enough, I found further marks and holes in the sheets.

I decided that it wasn't hygienic and decided to contact reception to ask them to address the issue, however another facility in the room wasn't working. You guessed it, the telephone would not dial any service including reception. I made the journey to the front desk and made my feelings known about the cleanliness of my room, the young lady who dealt with my complaint was by far the best member of staff I had dealt with thus far. Housekeeping and catering staff promptly dealt with the bedding issue and mini bar level, both members of staff again were first rate.

A hotel experience which had questionable cleanliness has resulted in me not choosing to stay there again in the future.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank daveo1984
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear daveo1984

Thank you for your review.

To help me look into this in more depth i need some more infoirmation, so if at all possible could you please contact me via email paul.collins@marriotthotels.com or call me on 0113 2366366.

I look forward to hearing freom you so we can improve our service.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Spent one night here on a weekend shopping and concert trip with other half.

The hotel was of a good quality and very central, close to the rail station and shops. We walked to the arena which was about 15 mins pleasant walk and the Royal Armouries was a similar distance in the other direction.

The room was of the usual Marriott quality with a super comfy bed. It was clean and tidy and the linens were of a good quality. It was more than adequate for our needs.

Breakfast was not a huge range of things, but what was there was freshly cooked and high quality. I always miss boiled eggs at a marriott though, had to make do with the full english!

We were on a high floor so noise was no problem, however I imagine the bar downstairs could be a problem on a low floor so if that is something that concerns you ask for a higher floor.

The staff throughout were courteous, polite and helpful so no complaints there. One gripe, however, was when we arrived there was obviously a conference in the hotel and the main entrance seemed to be the smoking shelter with a number of delegates stood on the steps. Consequently the floor round the main entrance was littered with cigarette ends. I didn't personally think that was a great first impression and I felt it let itself down there.

All in all though a good trip, we will re-visit.

Room Tip: If bar noise bothers you, ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear grannysquaresgirl

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

The next time you stay at any Marriott and you want a boiled egg or 2 all you have to do is ask and they will be cooked to order just how you like them.

I have to agree with you about the smoking it is a constant battle sweeping up the cigarette butts but we will be paying more attention to this in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here as she was visiting Leeds University. The hotel is very close to the train station and shops so ideally situated. I booked an executive room as a treat and have to say I was a bit disappointed, the room was fine, nice and warm but there was cobwebs all over the ceiling and it just looked tired. I paid £330 for two night which I thought was a lot for what we got but maybe I'm behind the times, perhaps to get real luxury you have to pay more?? The staff were friendly and helpful and breakfast was ok.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the main street.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear DG14

Thank you for your review and highlighting the issues with your room.

To help us improve I need some more details of the date you stayed ect.

Could you please contact me either by email paul.collins@marriotthotels.com or call me on 0113 2366366

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed here on business and 100% recommend. Wonderful staff, easy check in and very easy check out. I managed to swing a suite on the second floor and the experience was first rate. Clean, great Bose music system for your IPod, massive bed and dining/lounge area. With views out of both sides of the building, I wish business had taken another night. Bar downstairs is excellent and all good value - if you're in Leeds go here.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Timstirling

What more can I say.
I am pleased you enjoyed your Suite with the views and all it has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.