“Location, location, location”

Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Location, location, location”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Totally central spot, brilliant lovely staff, funky bar, full on breakfast and very reasonable price (which is a given in Yorkshire!)
Some rooms are a little traditional in decor, but can't fault the folk there and would choose this service over some of the more modern outlooking gaffs in not as good spots

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Critchell

Thank you for your review for your recent stay with us.

I assume you will be back to enjoy what Leeds and the Hotel have to offer after reading your great review.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Paul Collins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
England
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed in this hotel early June of this year 2013 very plush hotel restaurant pricey but the food was good.
No parking at hotel but there is valet parking a bit expensive for this but if you are staying here you must be able to afford it!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear EllenRosetta

Thank you for your review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.

The Midtown Grill has proved very popular especially with the quality of the localy sourced meat.
The Valet Parking is a convenient way to park for £2.50 more per day.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Booked in again for 2 night break.........

The Good..
Good staff, good rooms, good food @ Breakfast (Buffet), Valet parking, Wifi (free in reception & 1871 Loungebar / paid elsewhere), great location 5 mins from station and right in the thick of all the action...........Shopping, Nightlife, restaurants etc etc. Better now theyve upgraded the security in the lifts!

The Bad..
Not much really.......... 3 hen parties but no real issues with noise..........some people did tho so choose rooms carefully.....ask where the guests are!

We will use again.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the lane for a lively night!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank James B
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear nb7754bax

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us overall and also the convenient location of the hotel.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Only stayed here for one night but staff were super helpful and friendly making us feel very welcome! Location was perfect as it was 2 minutes away from the train station. The restraunt choices are fab although we did not eat there we definitely will next time.
Lastly the lesuire facilities were also good apart from the hot tub was out of order at our time of stay. All round good and relaxing experience.

• Stayed June 2013
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Lauradarbs

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and the location was perfect for your needs.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to sample our restaurants.

Barnoldswick, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013

A few weeks ago I lost my wallet on a night out and a customer who was at the hotel at the time found it and handed it into the reception. The Marriott hotel kindly got in touch with my college (via a card that was in my wallet) for them to tell me that my wallet was found. They got my address through the college and sent the wallet by post, as well as cancelling my credit and debit cards!

I know this is of no relevance to the hotel itself, but it just shows how thoughtful they are.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear James S

Thank you for your feed back regarding your lost wallet.

I have passed on your comments to our staff and they are pleased that you appreciated the service.

I hope we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Kind Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2013

As a Marriott rewards club member I have stayed at many of their hotels in the Uk and Europe. This is by far the worst. I have stayed here 4 times returning only through desire to earn rewards. Two stays have been ok and two poor. The last visit was the worst. Booked an Executive room which entites you to complimentary drinks in the Executive lounge. This consisted of the dregs of a bottle of cheap tepid wine in a tumbler- no wine glasses to be found! The room was basic, shower so small my 6ft husband had to crouch to use it- still using shower curtains which is very basic. The milk in the bedroom was rancid and breakfast consisted of watery cold scrambled eggs and cheap bitter coffee. Final straw was the £ 16 bill for parking. On the plus side the manager was charming, very apologetic and gave us a reasonable discount for our poor experience. I would say this hotel is more. 3 star then four and expensive for what it it

Room Tip: Check room before checking in
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear SVF2680

I am disappointed that you have not had the best experience on two of your stays with us.

We have taken your feedback on board and I hope you will see an improvement on your next stay with us.

Please let me know when you will be staying and I will ensure things are as they should be.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I stayed here for four nights and everything was up to Marriott standards. Nothing spectacular but good service and clean room. Front desk staff was accommodating although they do not differentiate gold/platinum members at checkout. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Georesearch

Thank you for you review.

I am pleased that overall everything was good during your stay.

I have passed on your comments regarding the reception associates not acknowledging your Marriott Rewards status.
So hopefully you will see an improvement on your next stay with us.