“Would 5 if housekeeping answered their phone!”

Leeds Marriott Hotel
Ranked #23 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Would 5 if housekeeping answered their phone!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at the Marriott for our anniversary, booked two nights and were pretty impressed. We liked the entrance being away from the main street, quite a small feature but made a huge difference. Speedy check-in, room ready at 11am to go to! Room was tidy and well presented! Leisure facilities absoloutely spotless and a well equipped gym. The only things that stops me giving the hotel a 5 is the fact we tried to ring housekeeping twice for it to ring out for over 3minutes before hanging up each time and the beds were quite soft (but what everyone likes is different, may not be a negative for others) Would stay again.

Room Tip: We asked for high floor, not facing the station, room was quiet, couldn't hear the hustle and bu...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vicki H
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Vicki H

Thank you for your review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

I do apologise for housekeeping not answering the phones and I have passed on your comments to our Head Housekeeper.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Paul Collins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel as it has everything you need and is right in the centre. I recommend going to the bar as it is very warm and feels like your in a bar and not in a hotel. Overall this was a Fantasic hotel

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Melandbel

Thank you for your great review.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly 1871 Bar.
I have passed on your comments to our associates.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Edinburgh
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed for business for 3 nights over a weekend and the hotel room and leisure facilities were excellent, reception staff helpful and hotel location right in the center of Leeds city center...

Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear joshy

Thank you for your review for your recent stay with us.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
It was a shame that you had to work but I hope you had time to socialise in the evening.

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future to relax and enjoy all that Leeds has to offer.

Wrea Green, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice hotel, rooms spacious and bathroom clean but showing signs of wear and tear. The breakfast was included in the price and was a good breakfast with plenty of choice. Only had 1 bitter on compared to 7 different lagers so a little disapointed also it took the bar staff 4 pints to get it right. Plenty of good bars within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Stuart B

Thank you for your review.

I apologise for the standard of the bathrooms and I agree that they are showing signs of wear and tare.
This will be rectified when the hotel is refurbished.
I have passed on you comments to our Bar Manager regarding the service and selection of beers available.

I hope we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Durham
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Ive stayed in most of Leeds city centre hotels but the Marriott is best by far. Location is perfect, room quality is high and excellent value. Wont stay anywhere else now. We got free upgrade to executive lounge from the lovely receptionist as we were celebrating a birthday.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear DATGS

Thank you for your review.
I think the central location is great for the shops and bars ect

Well i look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

regards

Hornchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

shabby rooms breakfast OK not worth £18 per person my visit before this one arrived to be told hotel was full even though I had a reservation and was sent to another hotel ,phoned reception to make sure of my booking this time to be told I would be getting a special room!! arrived to a basic shabby room next to an Asian wedding group wont be staying there again as they cater for groups more than the normal hotel guest

Room Tip: if there is a wedding group staying on the first floor ask for a room on the top floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear nigeandy

Thank you for your review for your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that you didn’t enjoy your stay as you have done in the past.

We have a mixture of business throughout the week from conferences to small meetings and weddings and individual travellers.
We do try to mix guests up i.e. not necessarily have groups together.
But sometimes when there is a celebration on they do sometimes congregate in small groups in each others rooms and we do out best to limit any disruption to other guests.

I know you have said that you wouldn’t stay with us again but hopefully you will have a change of heart.
Please let me know if you wish to stay with us in the future and I will ensure you have a great stay with us.

Wembley, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

While I only stayed 1-night, en-route to a conference in Bradford the next day, I thoroughly enjoyed my brief stay.

The hotel is very close to both the Leeds train station, and the drop-off stop for the Leeds-Bradford airport coach service. It is also right across the street from the newly opened Trinity shopping mall.

Excellent and friendly staff from the check-in, to the restaurant and concierge lounge – the GM should be very proud of his hotel and superb staff.

My corner suite on the 4th floor was amazing. There was a huge amount of room and the bed was very comfortable. As other reviewers have mentioned, the street noise can get a little loud, but Leeds is a lively city. Good shower pressure although as this is a converted building, I had to lean down a little as the ceiling height was low for me. Suite could use a bit of sprucing, but it didn’t deter from the luxury feel.

Buffet breakfast at the mid-grill was fantastic. The bar looked gorgeous and very busy on a Thursday night.

If I ever return to Leeds, this would be my first choice in a hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor room or upgrade to a suite.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Wembleygal
Dear Wembleygal

Thank you for your positive review and kind comments.

I am very pleased you had a great stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.