“Very Good”

Ranked #23 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
leeds,england
“Very Good”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Stayed here twice recently & both times found the staff and hotel excellent, even though there is plenty going on outside the rooms are always peaceful, nice place to stay.
My only downside to Marriott is listen to your customers Free Wi-Fi needed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear trickydicky06

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.
I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us.
Since you stayed with us we are now offering some limited free internet in the public areas.
I have passed on your comments to our head office.

I do hope we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Paul Collins

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for a weekend away. I have stayed in a few Marriott hotels and this is one of the best I have stayed at, this is because the facilities are excellent and clean, there is a pool, gym, steam room, sauna, excellent bar and executive lounge. These helped our weekend to be a relaxing one. Th breakfast and meals in the bar were of a good quality. The only down side was the noise from outside the hotel but I suppose this is to be expected being a city hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Honestreiew
Dear Honestreiew

I am pleased to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us.
I do hope you will be back to visit us soon.

rob140567
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Bang in the middle of Leeds this old hotel is great and its wonderful staff make it fabulous. The grand old building has a few creaks and groans which all go to add character but facilities are excellent and the location is in the middle of the city centre.

From the moment I arrived the staff made me feel welcome and could not do enough to help. Although no onsite parking valet parking is available which makes the whole arrival/departure process hassle free.

I paid about £140 for room only and was in room 151 which was spotless clean, very comfortable and peaceful. Plenty of powerpoints for my many gadgets that needed charging and fast wifi included in the room rate (when will other hotels learn?). As I was working I ordered from an extensive room service menu and piping hot food of excellent quality was delivered in 30 minutes.

I had meeting in Leeds centre so the hotel arranged for late collection of car and luggage.

I arrived expecting a faceless corporate hotel and was astounded by the warm, friendly service. This is now on my list of the place to stay in Leeds.

Room Tip: I had 151 which although street facing was very quite
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Rob B

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We do pride ourselves on our friendly service and I have to say that it is great to be able to pass on your kind comments about the service.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed for a girls weekend, rooms were large, beds double and really comfortable. All staff were friendly and helpful. Health club nice pool sauna steam room all really good. no studio for classes but there is a small gym with a good range of equipment.
Small amount of noise from city but it is the city and if window closed no problem. breakfast great and chefs and waitresses all attentive and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear TichOneil

Thank you for your review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and i hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Morecambe, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have just returned from a one night stay at the Leeds Marriott, from arrival to departure all the staff were most polite and helpful.

The room was clean and the bedding and towels were excellant, if ever we are in Leeds we would not hesitate to return to the Marriott.

Shops are just a short walk from the Hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor reccomended at the back of the hotel it is quietier
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear MalcolmandJudith

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the Hotel ideally situated for the shops.
It will be even better soon because the New Trinity shopping centre opens at the end of March just across the road from the Hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have been staying at the Marriott 2-3 days a week for 18 months and generally find the front office staff friendly and helpful. The standard of the hotel itself, however, is not up to the usual level that I would expect from a Marriotts in. The rooms are tired and often smell rather musty (proven by the fact that the windows are often left open in the smallier ones when you first check in). Given its location and good pool, these aspects are generally tolerable.

My real gripe is with the lack of respect that Management had when my luggage that I left in their secure storage was lost by the hotel. A guest took my luggage home with him and rather than arrange for its reurn, the hotel management took the risk that the guest would bing it back in time for my arrival on the Monday. When the guest did not turn up on the Monday, again no effort (or I suspect expenditure) was made to repatriate my bags again relying on the guest to bring my lugagge back on the Tuesday. When my luggage did not appear again on the Tuesday evening and the hotel could not seem to understand why I could not wear my clothes for the third day in a row, I became very irate and forced the hotal to go and collect my bags.

I understand that mistakes happen but cannot accept that the hotel chose to take a risk with leaving me high and dry without my personal effects in order to save the cost of correcting the mistake - and they did this twice!

I shall not be staying at the Marriott in Leeds in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank David G
Dear David G

I can once again only apologise for the problems you had with your luggage.
As you know this is not our usual standard of service.
We have since retrained all our Concierge associates on the left luggage process.
If you would like to discuss any of the points raised please feel free to contact myself.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed in Leeds over a weekend while visiting family, and wanted to be in the city centre. The Marriott is an excellent choice, located between the station and the main shopping area. Arriving on a Friday night the entrance area was very busy with people arriving for a party at the casino, but upstairs the hotel was quiet and we had no external noise in our 4th floor room. The room was very comfortable and clean - and nicely designed. I'm not keen on showers over the bath and prefer a separate shower but it was okay. We would definitely come back again another time though.
We didn't try the breakfast or bars etc so can't comment on them. The one downside was expensive wifi (I can't understand why this can't be included as it is in so many other hotels now).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear David C

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

I hope we can welcome you back in the future and you will be able to enjoy all of our facilities.