“Central Location”

Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Central Location”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Check in was a little strange, the trainee receptionist called me six different names before identifying my booking! she was polite. I had booked B&B and enquired as a gold elite member whether I should change it too just Room only as the Exec lounge has good breakfast facilities, her reply was that I could eat in either. By this time I decided that it would be too much trouble to pursue an amend to my booking to remove the breakfast fee. Anyway the room was excellent as usual and the facilities at this Hotel are very good. Next morning I went down to the main breakfast room and was very disappointed. On entering the seater greeted me and off she went to find me a table. She offered a table on tis own right next to the serving station and I declined, she was not amused and walked off to another table, as I approached she just looked at me then walked away back to the front of house leaving a server to pick up the pieces. Not Marriott service standards!

Overall this is a good hotel and delivers the usual Marriott Standards, but as we know, you are only as good as your weakest link!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (362)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Visited this hotel for one night on a business trip, I was put it a smoking room, when I wanted a non smoking room, when I announced my displeasure I was asked if I had booked a specifically non smoking room!
Parking cost £19.95 a night, which was not explained to me when I booked the hotel.
The sink in the bathroom was stained and the room was foul smelling (smoke) one of the windows was nailed shut.
For the price you pay for a hotel the standard was very poor.

Room Tip: appears the top floor is the smokers floor, avoid it if you don't smoke, my clothes still smelle...
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2012

If staying in Leeds this hotel is a great choice. With a Marriott you know exactly what you are getting and that it's going to be comfortable and of a high standard. This hotel is no exception and I'd stay here again and recommend.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
England
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Upgraded my room for a £35 charge and was very pleased.

Good location within walking distance of train station.

Bed (as always in Marriott) was super comfy, the aircon worked properly and the mini-bar was well stocked.

The hotel has a nice restaurant and bar and breakfast is very good. Didn't eat dinner.

Staff are excellent and overall I was quite impressed.

Will return.

Room Tip: Upgrade your room.
lancashire
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed in room 629 for one night last Friday, and were very impressed with the room, the location of the hotel and the friendly staff. The hotel is located in Leeds town centre which is why we booked it. We used the Q Car Park which is a 2 min walk just around the corner.
Our room was spotlessly clean, the bed was very comfy and the only thing I can really criticise is the bathroom sink was quite old looking and had water stains, but it looked clean. Oh yes, and the shower head was far too low for anyone over 5' 8".
The breakfast buffet was great, everything you could want to satisfy a hangover (from a night out at Highlight - was Jongleurs). I would definitely book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor for less noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank abattoir
Boston, Ma
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was a great surprise. The hotel is located on a quiet pedestrian courtyard. The surrounding area is less refined but the hotel is centrally located.

The lobby is nice but perhaps unremarkable. The health club is great - huge pool, whirlpool, steam - above average for this type of hotel.

The room is the star. I believe we were upgraded to a king junior suite. It was very large room with a small sitting area and an entrance vestibule. Corner room, windows on 2 sides, very high ceilings. Standard sized bathroom but very nicely finished. One of the nicest non-suite rooms that I have stayed in. This room is worth the upcharge over a regular room.

The breakfast in the concierge lounge (included with our room) was fine but not memorable.

If you are driving, be sure to get detailed instructions. Our GPS got us to the hotel but only by driving through a bus/taxi only zone. The ­£50 ticket showed up a few weeks later.

I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Don't even think about - go for the junior king suite.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear PeterScott1

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in your upgraded room.

The junior Suites are nice and spacious and the Executive Lounge can be a haven in the evening to relax and although the breakfast is not the same as the Midtown Grill it offers a more relaxed environment to dine in.

The City loop can be a bit daunting to get around and I am sorry you got a ticket.

Despite the challenges getting here I do hope we can welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Regards

Paul Collins
Douglas, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was lucky enough to stay at the Leeds Marriott on Tuesday evening. What a brilliant hotel.
Concierge fantastic, Reception friendly and welcoming. Hotel room stunning lots of room warm temperature. Old fashioned hospitality which includes flannels, good quality toiletries. Amazing.
The restaurant was just the best. Dont hesitate put yourself in the 'mix' for shopping and culture.

Room Tip: go for the top floors just for the scenery if nothing else, but you wont have any problems if you go...
Dear manxmamma

I am delighted you have taken the time to write a review for your stay with us.

I have passed on your comments to the staff and I am pleased you enjoyed all our amenities in the rooms.
I do agree with you some hotels don’t provide these toiletries bet we do as a standard.

We hope to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Regards