“Most comfortable bed award”

Leeds Marriott Hotel
Ranked #24 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Checked in on a rainy afternoon by a very pleasant young lady and went straight out shopping. Came back to the room to get ready for the night out and the room was very welcoming indeed. Everything clean and comfortable. The plumbing could use some attention - the loo flush wasn't very strong, the sink tap a bit stiff (and held together with gaffer tape) but the big shower head was fab.
I came back alone after midnight and there were still plenty of people about. Don't be put off by the reviews that say it is tucked away down an alley - it is secluded but but not dangerously so - access is bright and populated.
The curtains are good and thick so if you are scared of the dark you might want to leave a light on but for me they were perfect. The bed was by far the most comfortable hotel bed I ever slept on, four big plump pillows and soft sheets. Perfect.
On the down side I was woken several times (the last one around 5am) by returning drunken revellers but there is little the hotel could do about this - some people are always going to be inconsiderate/drunk. I was on the third floor and had no problem with ambient noise.
Awake early and slightly hungover I went down for a lovely breakfast. Greeted by genuinely pleasant staff (not too bubbly - who needs that at 7.30 with a bad head?) lots of choice - all you would expect from a full English, cereal, toast etc but also several fruit juices, an abundance of fruit including plump fresh figs (yum) and porridge. Only slight niggle - a refill of coffee would have been nice.
With a while to wait till the shops opened and my hangover refreshed I couldn't resist jumping back into that comfy bed for another snooze!
Check out was friendly and I left my bag with a pleasant chap to do more shopping before catching my train. A lovely hotel with pleasant staff and a warm atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank jooly13
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2012

Dear Jooly 13

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

Please accept my apologies for the over sight on the plumbing, our plumber was doing some routine maintenance in your room but on this occasion didn’t clear away correctly.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the comfort of you bed in the darkened room.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

I visit in Leeds quite a bit, and always stay at the Marriott. The front desk staff are always quick and very friendly. Rooms are huge, and comfy, with a large bathroom and walk in shower.
Its also in a great location, just 3 minutes walk from the train station.

Room service options are also good, providing decent food right into the early hours (although Ive yet to use that because the minibar and in-room snacks are pretty well stocked).

If I had one small grumble, it would be that the hotel wifi is not up to par (I stayed on the 4th floor recently, and it was unusable).
There was a wired internet connection in my room, but after spending 10 minutes trying to see why it wasn't working, I traced the in-room cable behind the desk, only to find it wasn't plugged into anything, and not even a socket on the wall

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Paul C

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

Thank you for kind comments regarding the service you receive.
We have been in touch with ibahn our internet provider and they are looking at the entire hotels internet service. They will be looking at and checking the wireless routers and the overall coverage.
I hope that the next time you stay with us you will see a great improvement.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Stayed for one night in March 2012 with a group of friends. The room itself was basic but clean, however, we only stayed for one night so weren't there particularly for the hotel. The hotel is equipped with a small gym and spa also. Good location in the city centre.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Graeme P

Thank you for your review of the hotel and how you found the location was great for your needs.

I hope we are able to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Wow, is all I can say. This hotel was amazing. The only issue I have with it is the entrance to it is a bit obscure, down a little tiny driveway very easy to miss. Other then that, no other complaints. First off, the staff were the nicest, friendliest, helpful people. For whatever reason, I booked a suite and let me tell you, it was fabulous. Huge king size bed with about 6 fluffy pillows, large TV, plenty of outlets for charging phone, computer, ipod, etc. Large fluffy towels in the bathroom, excellent room service and the food was good. I got an emergency call from and had to leave early and the concierge helped me rebook my flight, brought the car around, helped load my luggage, which by now was quite heavy. I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
GuestMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Leeds Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Dear Vickild

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your recent stay with us here at the Leeds Marriott.

I do hope everything was ok due to your early departure.
I have passed on your positive comments to all the associates.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Leeds Marriott in the near future.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights during one of our English city trips. We travelled by train and the hotel was only a few minutes walk from the railway station. It is also superby placed in the city, close to shops, bus station etc. Our room was clean and very nice. The large bed had a topper on which was extremely comfortable. We were very pleased with our stay and would definitely recommend this hotel

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor which was very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Pauline024

I am pleased you found the bed to be comfortable and i hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Marriott Leeds on Saturday night with 9 girlfriends and have to say what a fabulous hotel, location, service, etc etc! We arrived at 11am and got our rooms immediately!! Rooms are really nice and the bedding was wonderful, most comfy pillows ever! We had breakfast in our deal and that was really nice to, very busy but they cope brilliantly. The bar in the hotel is great and really good atmosphere, also open 24 hrs to residents.
Hotel is in a really good location, the only minus point is getting to the hotel in a car!! What a nightmare that was but we got there eventually and thank god there was valet parking!!!!!
Will definitely go back to stay at this hotel and all the girls felt the same!!

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear Sammyan

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stopped Here for the weekend the staff on reception were very helpfull the lady had even remember us off previous visit the room was great nice and clean this is a great place to stop as you just fall out and you are in the city centre down side is the car parking should get some form of discount was £17 just for one night breakfast was good plenty of choice only thing was the seating and the wait not good

Room Tip: We got a upgrade to a executive room loads of room
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear austinrichard

We are working a discount for the car parking so on your next stay with us please see Concierge for your discount.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Leeds Marriott Hotel in the near future.