“Don't be deceived by the picture!”

The Met Hotel Leeds
Ranked #45 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Surrey
“Don't be deceived by the picture!”
Reviewed September 21, 2007

We booked a room through lastminute.com purely because of the picture on the website. However, the room allocated was on the 5th floor and was very disappointing. The floor was creaky and the room was very much in need of redecoration. The paint was falling off the window ledge which was also in need of cleaning. Of particular concern was the kettle which was far from clean inside. Overall the room was not of a 4 star standard although the communal areas were much better.

However, the buffet breakfast was good.

So make sure you are booking for the right room!

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Room
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2007

Ok, it's my own fault, I'm always leaving booking hotels to the last minute and my hotel of preference was fully booked again. "We can get you in the Met" said the agent. Oh no I thought.

I've stayed in the hotel 3 or 4 times now and I'm yet to be thrilled by the hotel in any way whatsoever. The comments I've read on here regarding the state of the rooms reassured me that the reception hadn't taken a personal dislike to me. Last night I was up in the eaves on the 6th floor (the lift only goes to the 5th floor).

£15 for 24 hours of intenet access or 50 pence per minute (the connection is actually very good) is not what I'd call VFM. I can't remember the last 2* hotel I was in that only had the 5 terrestrial tv channels available.

I've never bothered with breakfast as to be honest I just want to get out of the hotel as quick as I can in the morning.

Hopefully one of these days I'll learn my lesson and get my bookings sorted out well in advance so I don't have to dread my evenings in Met again.

• Liked — Departure
  • Disliked — Arrival
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Leeds hotels

England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2007

Stayed here for a weekend with friends. We had a room that had supposedly been renovated - u couldn't tell! Small room standard bathroom not impressed at all. Beware the bedrooms are nothing like the photos show. Breakfast was ok but they kept running out of hot food. There was a wedding on and you felt like they couldn't be bothered with any other guests. I usually stay at the Marriot along the road it is cheaper, more luxurious, better breakfast and has a gym and swimming pool. Take my advice and stay there.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
newcastle
Reviewed August 27, 2007

Had 4 rooms in the hotel the check in was quit slow.
Hotel has a grand entrance. Rooms one room (4th floor) had a hole in celing and ours had damp patch on the celling.
The hotel was ok but rooms not as advertised. We were on a hen night and the bar staff ignored us and continued to serve guest who were at a wedding there.
The breakfast was really nice but the staff rude they wouldnt let 7 of us on a table for 6 and made 3 of us wait for ages, people in que behind us had been there few days and said its the same every day you have to wait for a seat even though its self service.
The location is great for shopping and nights out. Hotel is expensive for drinks £1.60 for half a coke.
Theres tea coffee and buscuts in room along with iron ironing board and fan.
Rooms were red hot no aor con, but the beds lush and comfy.

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank bettyboo1Newcastle
CO DURHAM
Reviewed August 26, 2007

we arrived at the hotel a 1pm on fri afternoon didn,t think we would be able to check in till 2pm but reception said it was fine,she was very helpful
read some reviews about this hotel and was a little concerned,maybe its all been done out since then but it all looked very new clean and modern
we were allocated a room on the third floor, i requisted a quiet room and we got 1 back of hotel with not much traffic noise.
the room was modern spotless clean so was the bathroom with clean towels every day, the bed was very soft and nice, the room was a little hot but they did have a fan in the room
room was provided with iron,ironing board, and hairdryer.

breakfast was lovely everything you could ask for and if you required anything you only had 2 ask the staff,
its only a 3 to 5 mins walk from the train station and 10mins max to the town centre with loads of shops bars and clubs.

the only complained we had was when the maid cleaned our room she left our door open so when we returned it was still open ( luckly nothing was taken) i told reception and she made a note and was going to inform the house cleaner and couldn,t apoligize enough

• Liked — LOCATION AND HOW CLEAN IT WAS
  • Disliked — DOOR LEFT OPEN
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ALIBACARDI
peterborough
Reviewed August 21, 2007

Stayed at this hotel for a romantic break away, booked it via another website but when we arrived the room we were allocated was on the 5th floor and it was far from a 4*rating, the bed was broken, the room looked dirty, the bathroom was stained and the bathroom door would not close. We were not happy!!!! We went down to reception to express our disatisfaction, the gentleman we spoke to was very good he explained that some of the rooms were waiting to be renovated but he would move us to another room, he expained that the standard rooms did have an extra charge but the hotel would meet this cost for us. The room we were given was lovely, the bed was very comfortable and the staff friendly and the room looked as advertised on the website. (3rd floor)

I would say that to avoid disappointment I would avoid anything on the 5th floor, the 4th floor I cannot comment on but we found our stay more than comfortable on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
England
Reviewed July 15, 2007

Stayed in this hotel for my hen weekend, we were so disappointed with the rooms allocated to our party. Most of the girls where on floor 5 and it looked like it belonged to a different hotel (1940's wallpaper peeling off the walls, stains on the carpet, dark and dismal) - when you walk in to entrance of hotel its very modern and contemporary. Some of the girls had a room on floor 4 and it looked exactly like it does on the website, really modern and worthy of the 4 star rating and price. We complained to the receptionist and she said we had bought a standard room not a contemporary one, but how come some of the party were allocted to the contemporary rooms? The room price was the same for all of us but we all received different standards of rooms. In the end I asked to speak to the manager and a few members of the party were given refurbished rooms but not all, which means half got a 2 star room for the same price as 4 star - not acceptable!!

Floor 5 upwards should not be classed as 4 star and should be given out at a discounted rate. If staying at this hotel soon please ask for rooms that are on floor 4 and below.

Stayed July 2007