“top hotel”

The Met Hotel Leeds
Ranked #44 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel was very close to Leeds city centre, perfect for shopping and a night out.
2 minutes walk from the train station.
Very impressed with the hotel appearance on arrival.
Early room check in was available, room was for 3 people sharing, plenty of space, big room/bathroom.
No noise complaints from this room.
Excellent value for money, booked through lowcost holidays.
Breakfast was great, plenty of choice, nice setting, staff cleared away plates etc when used.
Room could be a little more updated in keeping with the hotel.

Room Tip: We needed a triple room- ideal for groups as there was a queen size bed and two singles.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Met-Guest-Relations, General Manager at The Met Hotel Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Jodie208,

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments on your past experiences at The Met Hotel. We welcome all responses from guests as it allows us to continually develop our current offering.
It was most pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Met Hotel and that you were able to experience the service quality that we pride ourselves on.
Your suggestion for improvements to the bedrooms in very much inline with the Hotels current ongoing development plan and I thank you for your comments on this.
I do hope that we are able to continue to welcome you to The Met any time that you are in the area.

Once again thank you for your review

Yours sincerely

Reviewed March 15, 2013

After staying in many hotels in Leeds on business, I thought I had a bargain in finding this for 364 a night and was hoping for a luxury couple of nights here.

I was sooo wrong. I had a VERY poor nights sleep - partly because the pillows were like concrete, but also because the bins at the back of the hotel were emptied at about 5 in the morning... this involved a lorry with the electronic tail lift going up and down and wheelie bins being dragged across the cobbles to and fro taking about half an hour in total!

The entrance seems like you are going in the back door, with reception tucked away behind a corner so when you arrive there are no immediately visible staff.. plus there is a flight of steps up to the door so I'm not sure how some one struggling with lifting a bag would cope!

Staff were polite and professional and the decor was sophisticated colour's and design but not particularly welcoming.

The room was a decent size - as I said sleep was poor and the ancient TV was shocking - I could only get one channel that I could watch without either a buzzing noise of fuzzy picture.

The bathroom on the other hand was APPALLING! mould in a 4 star hotel is not acceptable and when you sit in the bath your view is of the back of the toilet which was so grim you just want to get out of there as quickly as possible... not nice at all!

I didn't eat here - restaurant prices are expensive although the menu range looked good.

All in all I would NOT stay here again - there are much better value places in Leeds.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Kelly M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience at The Met Hotel, Leeds. It is through these reviews that we are able to constantly check our current service and offering.

It is extremely disappointing to hear that various factors affected your stay with us at The Met meaning that you did not have a 100% positive experience. Here at The Met we are in the midst of an ongoing process to keep the hotel looking as fresh and as modern as we possible can and your comments will certainly aid us in this constant re design.
Your comments regarding the bathroom have already been brought to our Housekeeping & Maintenance teams attention and these points have been acted upon immediately.

The service and quality that you experienced are far from the norm here at The Met and I do hope that you give us the opportunity to welcome you back to The Met in the future so that we may show you a true reflection of the service and quality that we pride ourselves on.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I visited The Met in Leeds recently for an overnight stay. I booked a single room with breakfast.

This is my second stay at the hotel and I still get filled with awe when I see the old grand staircase. This hotel really has lots of wonderful features that are very apparent, especially in the entrance and ground floor area.

The welcome was warm and friendly yet again and as I was travelling on my own, I didnt at all feel alone.

My room was clean and tidy and nothing was out of place. The bed was comfortable and there were spare pillows in the wardrobe.

Breakfast is my favourite thing about The Met. There is plenty of choice from hot or cold areas. With it being a buffet style, you can help yourself to a number of helpings!

Overall the stay was smooth and comfortable and ideal for what I was looking for.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TravelBunny737
Met-Guest-Relations, General Manager at The Met Hotel Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Travelbunny 737

Thank you for your review on your stay with us at The Met Hotel.

It was wonderful to hear that you continually choose to stay at The Met Hotel and continually enjoy your experience.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was here for 2 nights in March 2013 and I enjoyed my time. I stayed during the cold snap and I thought old building means a cold building. I was wrong. Put the heating on and I was warm. Room was a good size. Bathroom was small but acceptable. Tv was a cathode ray and only had 8 channels but that was fine. Gym is really non existent so don't expect much. Customer service is great. I asked for another blanket and that was no problem. Taxi ? No problem. Breakfast? Great choice, fresh and tasty. 3 egg omelette with cheese and ham made fresh. Bar is pricey but aren't they all. I would stay here again and I hope I do.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the car park. No view but very quiet
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Spongesdad

Thank you for your review on your stay with us at The Met Hotel.

It was very warming to have ready such positive comments about your experience at The Met. We will certainly take on board your comments regarding the Television and the Micro Gym and add this to our upcomming hotel assesment

If you would like to provide us with further information about your stay or perhaps would like to organise a return visit then please contact our Operations Manager at Joseph.Farrar@principal-hayley.com and he will be more than happy to help.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Having read all the reviews we were a bit nervous about staying, however stayed on a couple of weekends ago and loved the hotel. Lovely hotel with lots of period features, entrance was very impressive - beautiful chandeliers, light and airy, lovely fire place. Room was good size and clean, TV a bit old but we didn't really use it. Great location, so close to train station, restaurant and bar, we had a great time in Leeds. We didn't eat in restaurant as we went out but breakfast next day was really good with lots of choice. Staff were helpful and friendly and looked like they enjoyed ther jobs.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear 831Lous831

Thank you for your review on your stay with us at The Met Hotel.

It was very pleasing to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us here at The Met hotel. We take great pride in our customer service and care and I glad that whilst staying you were able to experience that first hand.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for the first recently and have to say what a really nice time we had. From staff at reception to the bar staff were really friendly as well as efficient and very professional. The breakfast was fabulous and the bedroom we had was clean and spacious - my only complaint is that the TV could do with being updated! Having travelled up by train, the hotel's location is spot on - being only 2 mins from the station. It's an impressive building with many beautiful features. Definitely recommend staying there!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear KittyKhat28

Thank you for your review on your stay with us at The Met Hotel.

It was very warming to have ready such positive comments about your experience at The Met. And we will certainly take onboard your comment regarding the Television

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Arrived for 2 nights, having made booking on line through the company's web site to be told it had been cancelled ( not by me) and they were fully booked. Clearly I was not happy, as I was a speaker at a conference event held at the hotel. No apology.
Whilst I was waiting for the receptionist to look into it and find a solution, she deals with other people. Eventually, she tells me there is a room. no apology for leaving me in limbo.
Unusually I am asked to pay in full up front! So having booked a 'best available room' deal, I get a box room in a noisy corner of the hotel. the central heating is not great but there is an additional heater. It is clean and functional.

Room Tip: After booking on line- check with hotel they actually have a booking.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Caroline B

Dear Caroline,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments regarding your stay with us at The Met Hotel. It is through this feedback that we are able to consistently assess our current service offering.

It is very disappointing to hear that you did not experience excellent customer service whilst staying at The Met, as this is the benchmark to which we set ourselves. Please be assured that since revieving your review and immediate investigation took place with the reception team member in question and further training has been given to avoid a repeat of this disappointing incident. I would like to sincerely apologise for this incident and if you would like to discuss this further the please do not hesitate to contact our Operations Manager on Joseph.Farrar@principal-hayley.com

Kind Regards