“wedding”

The Met Hotel Leeds
Ranked #45 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed August 14, 2012

visited for a wedding reception,i was worried after reading the comments that had been left on here but i had a great night,beer cold ,staff friendly,building quite impressive.£ 4.10 a pint,cheaper than i thought it would be! on reflection i should have stayed the night and not read to much into the negative comments,

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Met-Guest-Relations, Guest Relations Manager at The Met Hotel Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Your review is very much appreciated so thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. It is through this feedback we can improve on our standards and the level or service we provide.

I really appreciate your comments about the recent wedding at The Met and I am pleased the evening was a success. We have a very good product at this Hotel and a great team who guide it.

Please come and stay with us some time and experience all The Met has to offer.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed here for one night to visit theater in leeds. The hotel is clean and all the staff we had dealings with were very good.

The reception area is large and quite impresive. We arrived at 11am checkin was not untill 3 but as the room was ready we were able to go up to our room. The room itself was small but very clean although a little too hot for me (no air con). The furniture in the room was a little "old Hat" and the TV came out of the ark. The bathroom was ok nothing special but was clean and the shower was fine.

All in all i would recomend this hotel got a goods nite sleep. A little noisey but it is a city center hotel so what do you expect. Breakfast in the mornin was very good. So if your lookin for somewhere to stay in Leeds im Sure you cud do worse.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

I’m happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you were able to check-in to your room early. We hope to have the TV’s replaced soon after our 5th & 6th floor refurbishment.

If you would like to discuss your comments further please contact me at daniel.harvey@principal-hayley.com and I will be more than happy to help.

I hope to welcome you back to The Met Hotel, Leeds in the near future.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

This was our first visit to Leeds and this hotel. The reviews were varied, and I must say some unfair. Yes, the hotel is an old building, but the staff were pleasent, the room was clean and had some decoration done. The room was clean, and also a fan available which was most welcome as it was warm. The bath taps and shower were the best I have experienced in a hotel. Very fast and shower fantastic. The breakfast was of high standard with a good pot of hot coffee as well. All in all a great stay and the staff could not have been more helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

I really appreciate your kind words in your review. It’s a pleasure to read you enjoyed your stay with us as well as the service from our team and the great breakfast.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Great hotel which is spotlessly clean and very accommodating. The staff were excellent and very helpful without being intrusive.

The only downsides were an old CRT tv with a slightly grainy picture in 4:3 format. Watching TV was a bit like time travelling back to the 80s.

Also no wifi and the cable connection was provided at a fee. 30 mins was available for free but at a lower connection speed. I would expect a 4 star hotel to have free wifi, but I guess I should have checked before booking.

Finally no AC. Hardly a big deal as it doesn't get very hot in Leeds but would have been appreciated the night I stayed.

All in all a good hotel that seems well run, just in need of upgrading a few of the "Mod cons".

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at The Met, Leeds. We are currently waiting for the old televisions to be replaced and this should happen once our refurbishment of the 5th and 6th floor is complete.

The magnificent building which houses The Met is indeed grade II listed, due to this it restricts certain implements such as double glazing and air conditioning; however we do provide fans and air conditioning towers for the warmer nights of the year.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

If you rock up to a venue and plastered on the outside of it is a gigantic banning telling you how wonderful it would be to have your wedding "here", you would think they might be good at it wouldn't you? Two bar staff for 160 guests, no clean glasses, NO BAR in the function room; note to management, 3 tables pushed together with a cloth over them does not constitute a bar. Warm beer, and a second mortgage required if you want to buy more than 2 drinks. No one seemed to be in charge, and where were all the staff? Any staff would do. I hope that my friends who got married were wearing rose tinted specs and did not have their day spoiled by The Met. How many of the unmarried guests do you think will be considering The Met for their special day?

Room Tip: Go somewhere else unless your just after a cheap room
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

In reference to the bar in the room, this is a fully functional bar that it is fully staffed at all times. All our wedding couples are advised of the bar set up at the time of booking and are made aware that this is a portable bar only.

At The Met Hotel we have over 40 weddings per year and pride ourselves on the excellent testimonials we have received from all our wedding couples.

If you would like to discuss your feedback further please contact me directly at daniel.harvey@principal-hayley.com

Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on the "2 nights and one Meal" Package deal... We checked into the hotel quite late (9pm-ish) and as a result of this got put up on the 6th floor. We checked into our rooms and after seeing the photo's online, were really shocked by how old and quite dirty looking the rooms were. After heading down to complain about the state of our rooms, the hotel receptionist, looked totally unphased by this (It must happen often) and offered to move us down to the 3rd floor. He told us that the first 4 floors have recently been renewed. These rooms were quite the opposite, modern features/deco, complimentary bath robes and bar of chocolate. I was really shocked at how somebody han stay in one of these rooms, and somebody else can stay in the room on the top 2 floors and they can pay the same price!!!
Elsewhere in the hotel: the breakfasts are lovely, can't fault them... The meal we had was amazing, food is superb... The location is Ideal for travelling in (Triain Station close-by) and visiting the city.
Overall I'd really recommend staying in this hotel... my one tip is to make sure you ask for a room on the first 4 floors... If not, you'd have a very different stay!

• Stayed: May 2012
Met-Guest-Relations, General Manager at The Met Hotel Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

I am sorry for the experience you had during your stay with us. The bedrooms on the 5th and 6th floor of the property have now been refurbished. I am pleased however your new bedroom was fully equipped and you enjoyed the breakfast we provided. If you would like to provide any further feedback please contact our Guest Relations Officer at daniel.harvey@principal-hayley.com and he will be more than happy to help.

I hope to welcome you back to the Met Hotel, Leeds in the near future.

Simone Sansom

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Having stayed at this hotel before I had high hopes for another enjoyable visit; I couldn't have been more wrong. Shoved on the sixth floor where even the lift doesn't go to, the room was small, dated and dirty. The base of the bed was ripped, the wallpaper was peeling off and the lighted roof of the bathroom was very dirty. The shower was poor with a dirty cloth shower curtain provided. Without any air conditioning in the room and windows that only opened slightly, the room became very hot and stuffy in the night, making it uncomfortable to sleep in. I always try to put something positive and negative in these reviews but on this visit to the Met, i'm struggling to find anything positive at all. I won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the sixth floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Met-Guest-Relations, Guest Relations Manager at The Met Hotel Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Please accept my sincere apologies for the troubles you faced upon your return visit to The Met. From this week we are currently refurbishing the bedrooms on the 5th and 6th floor of the property as these were in need of updating.

If you would like to stay with us again, please contact me directly at daniel.harvey@principal-hayley.com and I will ensure you have a more comfortable experience.

I hope to welcome you back to The Met Hotel, Leeds in the near future.

Many thanks and kindest regards,