“Great Family authentic restaurant”
Review of Via Verde

Via Verde
Ranked #115 of 1,829 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great Family authentic restaurant”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We love this place for the food service and atmosphere.
The prices are as reasonable as a takeaway but that's where the comparison stops.
The food really is freshly cooked food, you can see it being cooked from your table, no room for cheating using either frozen or microwave foods here. There are not may chefs with this type of confidence in Leeds defiantly not with this price point.
Yes we have stupidly tried to walk in without a reservation and been unsuccessful, but yes we have learnt our lesson, as Fred Pontin used to say BOOK EARLY TO AVOID DISSPAOINTMENT. A++++ tELEPHONE NUMBER IS 0113 275 6147

6 Thank babs4sammie

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Food, Great Prices & Great Service!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had heard very good feedback on this restaurant, so I decided to check it out on a Friday night in August. I arrived 5 minutes late for my 7.30pm reservation, but my table was waiting as soon has I arrived. I had a beer in my hand within 3 minutes and the staff allowed me to sit outside and enjoy the late sun while I pondered over the menu.

I decided to try a few items off the special's board; Prawns, Barbecue Spare Ribs and a wonderful Sea Bass & Bean Salad. The Prawns where huge, so fresh and perfectly cooked I nearly ordered another dish of them. The Ribs melted in your mouth and the Sea Bass & Bean Salad was the best I have ever had.

I did not have any room for desert, but the choices on the Special's Board looked very tempting. I can't say enough about the service and quality of food. It is very clear that every dish is prepared freshly each night as you can clearly see into the kitchen whilst your meal is being prepared. The restaurant is very clean, and there is also covered seating outside if you prefer. Don't worry if it gets a little chilly, they have heaters to keep you warm.

This lovely Italian Family Run Restaurant has to go on top of my list as the best Italian Restaurant in the North of England.

8 Thank The_Shadow6
“Forza Verde”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I visited this little place last week (9th August) but i decided to book a reservation as a friend of my partner had said that it is essential. Our booking was for 8pm, we arrived to this restaurant a little early but had no problem in being seated. The whole place has 7 tables so as i said reserving is essential. We were greeted warmly and shown to our table. Specials are located on an easy to read board and are mouth watering. I decided on the Mushroom Crustini for my starter, the sauce was delicious and the mushrooms were fantastically cooked. My partner chose the Garlic prawns and they were the meatiest prawns we've had in a while. My main was a duck breast in a blueberry glaze whilst my partner had the salmon pizza. The pizza was the most expensive on the menu at £7.50. Both dishes were fantastic and with the small but perfect wine menu it was delightful. The price of our meal wasnt substantial and we had 3 very filling courses!

Never did i feel bothered in this small restaurant and with the kitchen on full view theres nothing to dislike about this place. The pizza can also be ordered for take away but it is collection only and you have to ring early and hope the ONLY chef isnt busy.

Fantastic all round, will definitely visit again.

6 Thank Andrew H
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Very pleasant evening”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had passed this restaurant regularly and had heard good reviews so decided to give it a try. We turned up on a Tuesday evening without a booking and were surprised to find they were fully booked. We were very fortunate as one table announced they would be leaving soon if that helped, this enabled them to shuffle the bookings and fit us in.

The restaurant is very small with one person running front of house - she was working really hard but still managed to make us feel looked after.

There were several starters across both the standard menu and specials board. I chose the baked aubergine dish which was very tasty, and my partner had the pate which was also full of flavour - not massive portions but ample.

The standard main dishes are pasta and pizza based, however the specials board included several other options. We chose the sea trout and rump of lamb which included the potatoes and vegetables which made them very reasonably priced.

I am not sure about a previous review that mentioned nothing being cooked on the premises - the open plan design means you can see into the kitchen and the chef looked to be cooking to me ! Maybe it is the prep that has already taken place that the reviewer was referring to.

On this visit we even managed desserts (which I rarely have room for) and again they were very tasty

We felt very welcomed and know that on a second visit we will be recognised and no doubt looked after. Based on the rave reviews from the table next to us I think we will try the lasagne and spicy pizza.

In summary we had a very pleasant evening, with a very relaxed atmosphere. It wasn't the best food we have ever had but was still enjoyable and excellent value for money, but please make sure you book. We will be back !

• Visited July 2013
5 Thank AndI W
barnsley
“Great little Italian!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed an evening at via verde which is a small little Italian in meanwood. The food was great and the fillet medallions we had were some of the best I've had they were like butter.

Resonanly priced all round,nice service with a smile.

I also like the idea that because of the layout of the restaurant you can see the chef cooking.

Will definitely be back soon.

5 Thank sabur