“New name but same good service”

Franco's at Thorpe Park
Ranked #97 of 1,932 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Italian dining for all the family, the latest venture by Franco, creator of the Flying Pizza. Family restaurants since 1969. Franco's Italian Restaurant at Thorpe Park is now in its fourth year of trading and boasts a first class reputation for good food and friendly hospitality, especially towards family groups with young children. To this purpose Franco has devised a healthy menu sourced from local suppliers to suit diners of all ages. From the best fish available on the local market, to a large selection of familiar Italian pasta, pizza, beef and veal dishes. There is free parking and lots of room for children to play freely in the forecourt patio garden.
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Used to be called Brio but now called Franco to show it's owned by the same guy who owns the restaurant in Leeds centre.
Family group of 5 visiting on a Sunday evening; booked and glad we did as it was full by 7pm. Good service by attentive staff and a wide range on the menu plus a good specials list. Good value too.
Been here several times and always find it a bit of an odd location at the end of an office park, but what goes on inside makes up for it.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Myself and my partner went here for a quick meal last night.

The venue is a bit out of the way but nevertheless thriving and had a lovely atmosphere. Unforunately I was very cold and had to keep my jacket on throughout my meal which was a bit disappointing, I would have told the waiters only myself and my partner thought (from looking around) that there wouldn't have been anything they could have done about it - there weren't any radiators for example.

My partner and I had starters and a main and each tried different dishes, I enjoyed the food but felt my starter was a little bland, my partner rated his food 9/10.

The staff here are very very attentive which made for a very enjoyable dining experience. It was obvious that they genuinely cared about us having a good time and in general were keen to do a great job. Their service was friendly, efficient and helpful and we were only too pleased to leave a tip.

Despite being very cold in the restaurant (which is a real dampener on a meal for me) I had a lovely experience here and myself and my partner would definitely visit again to sample more of the menu.

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Another great night with Franco & co.
Had the special monkfish and scallops which was to die for.
As always the staff were very friendly and attentive, making sure our Rioja glasses were kept topped up!
We'll be back next week I'm sure

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I've been eating in restaurants owned and run by Franco Pardini since the mid seventies. ( Franco was the guy who started up "Flying Pizza". The current two restaurants, one in "The Light" in Leeds city centre and the other out at Colton represent all that is great with good Italian cooking. not pretentious - the two pastas or pizza menu for £14.00 is fantastic value with no shortcuts or skimping on the quality of the ingredients. Beyond that menu there is some of the best sophisticated Italian dishes to be had outside the M25. The risottos are sublime and the Tagliata di Manzo ( thick cut rump steak cooked rare) is better than I have had any where in Italy.( and I've had more than a few). The service is friendly and professional and Franco treats every customer with a classic Italian Bonhomie. If there are a couple of moaning reviews here on trip advisor, ignore them, I suspect that we are not getting the whole story - the only bad thing at Franco's are his jokes. Mi complimenti a la cuoco.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Attended with friends and was enjoying the company when the ambience of the place was interrupted by the volcanic eruptions emanating from the restaurant owners mouth. He was berating his staff over some minor misdemeanor which I am sure didn't need to be played out in front of his diners. Most unpleasant person and I am so surprised he has any staff at all. Food ok

7  Thank gino d
Franco-Pardini, Public Relations Manager at Franco's at Thorpe Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, we appreciate your feedback and comments. We are sorry that your experience with us was not to your satisfaction, we can only apologize if you were not pleased.

Unfortunately (for some) my father, as well as all other top chefs have a rather short fuse, some have even made a TV career out of it! Our staff know what he is like and within minutes he is back to his normal self.
This is due to the exacting high standards he demands from all his staff regarding the quality of the food leaving the kitchen and the standard of the service in the restaurant. When there is no shouting and screaming our staff question whether he is ok and the regulars question whether he is there!

Unfortunately in this business you cant please everyone all of the time, our thousands of customers who dine with us on a regular basis along with myself and our vast array of local suppliers can guarantee you we prepare our food freshly to order, and that is the way it has been done and enjoyed since the day we opened our doors, regrettably it was not to your taste.

We hope you return and I can assure you your next visit would make you change your mind.

Kind Regards