“Lovely meal for two.”

Ranked #272 of 1,928 Restaurants in Leeds
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Famous for its fine wines and imaginative menu, Veritas has long been a favourite of the North West Quarter of Leeds. Located only a stone’s throw away from the University, Town Hall and Law Courts, the bar sees an eccentric mix of customers, all adding to the vibrant and welcoming atmosphere.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I went here the day after Valentine's Day. My boyfriend chose the restaurant and I am very pleased he picked this place as it was lovely. Vertitas has a bit of everything, one side seemed to be dedicated to diners with a restaurant area and the other side is more of a wine bar with a great selection of ales. One of the Market Town Tavern chain the food was great and very well priced. I had the Confit Duck and the other half has the Cod Loin. It was busy as it was a Friday night but we had booked and it is worth doing so for bigger parties. Service was friendly and efficient and I am sure we will be back soon.

1  Thank tulip_1986

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Food and service were excellent on a Saturday night . We were looking for somewhere informal and friendly to eat and this place was both. Having visited another Market Tavern in Harrogate we decided to try here and we were right to go.We will definitely revisit next time we are in Leeds .

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Really enjoyable Saturday evening. We'd booked, and were pleased as the bar was nice and busy which made for a good cheerful atmosphere. I'd been before for the beer, and it was as good this time as before. First time we'd eaten at Veritas, and it won't be the last. The menu was not too large, but with a good range of dishes. Both starters were excellent, the mains really well cooked, my lamb shank was tender and juicy - delicious. Not wishing to end too soon we had desert as well, and the cheese selection from the deli counter was fantastic. The waitress, although kept very busy, was really friendly (and brought our drinks extremely quickly!). We left feeling very content, hopefully be going back with friends who we know would love this place.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Had a day out in Leeds recently and toroughly enjoyed the veitas. Its a lovely atmosphere and has a fantastic food and drink menu.

Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I pre-booked for dinner knowing it would be busy as it was the first Friday after dryathlon and pay day etc I booked we in advance and an early time. As we were running late I also rang the pub to ask them to hold our booking for a further half hour.

When we arrived the place was heaving so we were not optimistic however I could have wept, we were treated with such indifference I don't have the words. The server indicated a table clearly intended for four, the seating was a double pew style settle and two chairs. However 2 people were already sat there ! And we were told it would a bit of a squash!

Needless to say we did not want to share our meal and conversation with 2 strangers, refusing the table and left immediately

On a plus it was still very early and we found somewhere else very easily. It could have been a very important evening for us so easily ruined. But the total lack of care etc means as a matter if principle I will never even attempt to use the place again

1  Thank comfortlover63
LaylaMTT, Manager at Veritas, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give your opinion of the service at Veritas. I am sorry you were disappointed by the table you were allocated, the area we put you that evening is two separate tables for two people but they do share one pew. We do have a private dining room which is away from the bar but it was fully booked for a private function and we were extremely busy as it was a Friday night. The girl who was waiting on that evening did offer to try and find you a different table but you left before she could look. We hope you do visit us again and try our lovely food and service, once again I can only apologise for the disappointment caused. Regards, Stella Mallinson - Manager, Veritas