“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #20 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza last week for two nights and found that the hotel easily lived up to my wires very exacting standards.
First attraction it has its own car park but also an indoor car park in the basement, so park the car straight into the lift and into the Hotel - cool. Receptionist was extremely cheery and helpful in terms of places to visit and eat - superb.
We climbed that fantastic stair case which better in real life up to our room which had two double beds, large wardrobe and an ample bathroom - happy again.
We went straight into the Pool and spa which although not huge provides the products as expected. The beds were comfortable as Mrs W will testify - the transported rolled up topper did not leave the car once!
And then breakfast was everything we wanted, cereal, breads, and full english
The Car Park fees are a touch steep I think at £15 but only a minor issue in our view. Really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor and faced the offices to one side, there is a bar patio at ground level whi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, May 7, 2014

Matt Byram

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I have stayed in the Crowne Plaza in Leeds several times this year and have most been impressed by its staff. Hayley and Erin on reception have been most helpful on my visits as have the bar staff and others.
Generally the hotel is pretty well maintained but there are a few irriating isuues. Several of the executive rooms have fridges that dont work and the ice machine on floor three hasnt worked since January for example.
Pricing is pretty good for a city centre hotel although the £15 parking a little over the top.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

essex, england
Reviewed April 23, 2014

A two night business trip. This hotel is ideally situated for the business district and railway station. The room was spacious and well equipped including wifi. Not perhaps a place for a romantic weekend away but that probably isn't the market it aims for.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

london
Reviewed April 22, 2014

stayed the easter bank holiday for 2 nights in a deluxe room
as soon as we came through the doors staff were engaging polite and helpful
room was on the 5th floor
room could do with a refurb but not bad at all
good size bathroom also with lovely temple spa toiletries
also used the health club attached
lovely swimming pool steam sauna jacuzzi felt throughly pampered
but I have to say the entire staff are a credit
genuine hospitality and warmth I was so impressed
only reason I gave the hotel 4 and not 5 was because the room was a little dated thats it
but would go back in a heartbeat as location was also excellent
planning our next trip as we speak !!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Very easy to find. The parking at the hotel is £15 however the receptionist gave it us for free on checkout. Taxi was £ 4.50 to the centre. Hotel very clean and very nicely decorated. Would defiantly stay again. Breakfast was brill. A big buffet breakfast with loads to choose from. We checked out at 12 and used the spa facilities for as long as we wanted. The hotel gives you a towel at the spa if using the spa. I have never stayed at a hotel where the staff are so friendly. We slept very well as you couldn't hear any noise from the other room. Will defiantly be staying again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Barnard Castle, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Enjoyed a two night stay here on a recent city trip to Leeds. The hotel is 10 mins walk from Leeds train station and easy to find. The location was generally quiet in the evenings. The city centre attractions are generally 10-15 mins walk away. The reception staff were very cheery and helpful, the room was a good size, clean and the bed was comfy, the free aromatherapy pillow spray and skin lotion were very nice. We had breakfast one morning, there was a good array to help yourself to, which set us up for the day. All in all a nice stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The hotel is situated about 15 minutes walk from Leeds City station and from the main shopping area. I was greeted by a very friendly evening receptionist who made me feel very welcome. My room was a good size and the room was decorated tastefully and was spotlessly clean. I particularly appreciated the thick curtains which kept the room absolutely dark at night, the controlabilty of the air conditioning, the thick cotton sheets on the bed, and Sky Sports on the TV. Breakfast was a little disappointing with a limited choice for vegetarians and insufficient staff around to get assistance. There are sports facilities in the hotel, including a pool. I would definitely consider staying here again but have a preference for somewhere a little more central.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that in the main you enjoyed your stay with us.