“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night for work and it was very pleasant. Had a really nice welcome from reception from the duty manager and the rooms were really nice, large and nicely presented. Food was a bit expensive in the restaurant and charges for internet were a shock (I was really surprised they didn't have free internet but luckily had 3G myself). Breakfast was quite nice as well (except waiting to be served tea/coffee).

• 4 of 5 bubbles
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, April 2, 2014

Matt Byram

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Cork, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed for two nights; staff are very helpful for sure. First night was in a lovely executive room 619- however, there was constant noise of a water pump going off every 30sec or so somewhere in the vicinity. I was wrecked so tried to ignore it but it persisted. I asked to move next morning and staff were very aware of the problem and said only some people complain!! Its a function of the plumbing on the top floor and can't be fixed. However, when i was moved it was to the adjoining room 617!!! which (although less) had similar noise problem. I was eventually put on 5th floor.... no noise.
I think for a hotel of this potential caliber to be knowingly offering substandard i.e. noisy accommodation isn't good.

My second gripe was the price of WIFI 16 British Pounds a day in my view is extortionate in this day and age.

On the good side breakfast was good and location was fine.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your recent stay.

Here at the Crowne Plaza Leeds we strive to provide each of our guests with the highest level of service and customer care and I deeply regret that on this occasion, we have failed to deliver this.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas and, wherever possible, take the necessary actions to ensure problems can be avoided in the future.

On a final note, may I once again apologise for the shortcomings experienced during your short break in Leeds.

Beverley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Having just returned from a 2 night break in this hotel, I cannot rate the service highly enough. We booked 3 rooms for 6 ladies for a friends *0th birthday (a lady never tells her age....!!!) we were greeted on arrival by Danielle who assisted me in distracting the birthday girl whilst I decorated her room. Throughout our stay all of the reception staff exceeded our expectations, they were friendly, helpful and made it a very personal experience. They could not do enough to help us and were genuinely interested in ensuring that we had a great time.

The rooms were clean & spacious, the hotel is very well kept and only a 10 minute direct walk from the train station. Breakfast was great, a good selection and available later than many hotels usually offer so we could have a lie in before going down to eat. Having stayed in many hotels throughout the world I was not disappointed by this one in any way.

I have nothing negative to say about this hotel, and many positives about the staff with a huge and sincere thanks to Danielle for just being a fantastic representation of what excellent service looks like. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again when visiting Leeds

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Peterborough
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Great service, the staff are amongst the best I have ever met. The room that I was given this week (521) was comfortable and well equipped both for work and rest.
The aroma therapy 2 mini solutions are a nice touch as are the daily 2 bottles of mineral water I get as a Gold Member.
Book in is my advice

Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed on a Saturday night. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, well maintained but the best part of the Crowne Plaza is the reception staff including the night porter. All were charming, hospitable and attentive which makes the hotel better than just a 'business hotel in Leeds'
All of this said breakfast service on Sunday morning was chaotic to say the least, I understand it is usually better.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ezore

England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

stayed here recently with my wife and son for one night.
Ideally located for the city centre shops and restaurants and easily found from the motorway with sufficient parking and access to the hotel.
Check in was straight forward and we were greeted by two really friendly staff members who couldn't have been more helpful.
Room was on the third floor and was nice a spacious with 2 double beds with modern decor and a newish bathroom.
I noticed some areas of the room which hadn't been cleaned for some time with the amount of dust present on them.
Behind the TV and on the ceiling was a large cob web, the window was dirty as well and i noticed that one of the bed spread covers had a burn on it (see attached photos).
We had requested a travel cot for our son which was in the room with plenty of bedding for him.
Access in and out of our room was good although we had issues every time we left the room to use the lift with the pushchair as we had to open the corridor doors in order to fit the pushchair through.
We used the swimming pool which was pleasant and really clean but i did notice that the facilities were a bit dated and could do with a bit of a revamp.
We had our dinner in the bar which was nice and quiet and the menu has plenty to choose from.
I did order a pint of necks which turned out to be a bit flat so the barman changed it for me with no fuss.
We pre-booked breakfast for £10.99 i think which was reasonable although the service was lacking and it took us about 5 minutes to be seated.
The staff seemed busy but this isn't a big restaurant and it just seemed a bit unorganised and i was disappointed with the selection of hot foods available as it seemed a bit limited and i didn't see any poached eggs or boiled eggs which i prefer to the fried option.
All in all this is a good hotel for a night or two in leeds, the staff are lovely and the price (on triage) is really good!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed one night and found the hotel to be ideally situated for a short walk into the city.. We had e-mailed the hotel the day before we arrived to enquire about parking before the check-in time, and received a quick reply allowing us to enter the car park early morning. This was really appreciated, and allowed us to explore Leeds before checking in.
Checking in was very smooth and both ladies on reception were friendly and chatty. Our room was upgraded without extra cost - a real bonus.
Our room was clean and comfortable, but surprisingly, it lacked a security safe. We didn't use all facilities ie restaurant, bar, pool, but all looked very nice. The breakfast was especially well organised with a great deal of choice to suit all tastes. the gentleman who greeted us at breakfast was very friendly and the staff were attentive and courteous.
We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple