“The BEST and MOST HELPFUL reception staff ever!!!!”
Review of Crowne Plaza Leeds

Crowne Plaza Leeds
Ranked #20 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Beverley, United Kingdom
“The BEST and MOST HELPFUL reception staff ever!!!!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Having just returned from a 2 night break in this hotel, I cannot rate the service highly enough. We booked 3 rooms for 6 ladies for a friends *0th birthday (a lady never tells her age....!!!) we were greeted on arrival by Danielle who assisted me in distracting the birthday girl whilst I decorated her room. Throughout our stay all of the reception staff exceeded our expectations, they were friendly, helpful and made it a very personal experience. They could not do enough to help us and were genuinely interested in ensuring that we had a great time.

The rooms were clean & spacious, the hotel is very well kept and only a 10 minute direct walk from the train station. Breakfast was great, a good selection and available later than many hotels usually offer so we could have a lie in before going down to eat. Having stayed in many hotels throughout the world I was not disappointed by this one in any way.

I have nothing negative to say about this hotel, and many positives about the staff with a huge and sincere thanks to Danielle for just being a fantastic representation of what excellent service looks like. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again when visiting Leeds

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, April 2, 2014

Matt Byram

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Peterborough
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Great service, the staff are amongst the best I have ever met. The room that I was given this week (521) was comfortable and well equipped both for work and rest.
The aroma therapy 2 mini solutions are a nice touch as are the daily 2 bottles of mineral water I get as a Gold Member.
Book in is my advice

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed on a Saturday night. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, well maintained but the best part of the Crowne Plaza is the reception staff including the night porter. All were charming, hospitable and attentive which makes the hotel better than just a 'business hotel in Leeds'
All of this said breakfast service on Sunday morning was chaotic to say the least, I understand it is usually better.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ezore

England
Reviewed March 18, 2014

stayed here recently with my wife and son for one night.
Ideally located for the city centre shops and restaurants and easily found from the motorway with sufficient parking and access to the hotel.
Check in was straight forward and we were greeted by two really friendly staff members who couldn't have been more helpful.
Room was on the third floor and was nice a spacious with 2 double beds with modern decor and a newish bathroom.
I noticed some areas of the room which hadn't been cleaned for some time with the amount of dust present on them.
Behind the TV and on the ceiling was a large cob web, the window was dirty as well and i noticed that one of the bed spread covers had a burn on it (see attached photos).
We had requested a travel cot for our son which was in the room with plenty of bedding for him.
Access in and out of our room was good although we had issues every time we left the room to use the lift with the pushchair as we had to open the corridor doors in order to fit the pushchair through.
We used the swimming pool which was pleasant and really clean but i did notice that the facilities were a bit dated and could do with a bit of a revamp.
We had our dinner in the bar which was nice and quiet and the menu has plenty to choose from.
I did order a pint of necks which turned out to be a bit flat so the barman changed it for me with no fuss.
We pre-booked breakfast for £10.99 i think which was reasonable although the service was lacking and it took us about 5 minutes to be seated.
The staff seemed busy but this isn't a big restaurant and it just seemed a bit unorganised and i was disappointed with the selection of hot foods available as it seemed a bit limited and i didn't see any poached eggs or boiled eggs which i prefer to the fried option.
All in all this is a good hotel for a night or two in leeds, the staff are lovely and the price (on triage) is really good!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your recent stay.

Here at the Crowne Plaza Leeds we strive to provide each of our guests with the highest level of service and customer care and I deeply regret that on this occasion, we have failed to deliver this.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas and, wherever possible, take the necessary actions to ensure problems can be avoided in the future.

On a final note, may I once again apologise for the shortcomings experienced during your short break in Leeds.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed one night and found the hotel to be ideally situated for a short walk into the city.. We had e-mailed the hotel the day before we arrived to enquire about parking before the check-in time, and received a quick reply allowing us to enter the car park early morning. This was really appreciated, and allowed us to explore Leeds before checking in.
Checking in was very smooth and both ladies on reception were friendly and chatty. Our room was upgraded without extra cost - a real bonus.
Our room was clean and comfortable, but surprisingly, it lacked a security safe. We didn't use all facilities ie restaurant, bar, pool, but all looked very nice. The breakfast was especially well organised with a great deal of choice to suit all tastes. the gentleman who greeted us at breakfast was very friendly and the staff were attentive and courteous.
We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Steval75

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed on Saturday 1st March and had booked 3 rooms for a small and civilised hen party. I had been speaking and emailing Emma- the reception manager a few weeks before the stay and thought her service and helpfulness was brilliant. She arranged a free upgrade for me for a couple of the rooms as it was a special occasssion and nothing was too much trouble even though I kept asking questions! Abi was also very helpful and friendly from the front desk team, who I spoke to when Emma was off duty. Having been a front of house manager myself and worked in hotels for over ten years, I would happily take either of these girls on should they ever wish to move to Manchester!

One of our rooms was a suite, with separate lounge area. The room decor was a little dated but the space was great! The other two rooms on the 4th floro were more modern. I couldn't have asked for more in the facilities in the room, huge corner bath, lovely toiletries, comfy beds, plenty of storage and very clean. The complimentary water is a nice touch, and the few little extras like fruit and chocs, and even a late check out was arranged by Emma.

Both the check in and check out experience was faultless, the gentleman (sorry didn't catch his name) was hilarious, very chatty but not over done. We didn't use any of the other facililtes but I plan to come back to try out the pool and spa (we just ran out of time). Great location to walk into town, nice bar area upstairs, helpful porters, lovely reception and lounge area. Looking forward to my next stay already!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please be assured I have passed on your kind comments to all Emma and Abi, as they serve as a great motivator.

Ryde, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This hotel was used by a family member who married abroad in in private luxury small sunny island & then had the large wedding reception at the Crowne Plaza Leeds where we had a very nice party well into the night & good comfortable accommodated rooms with the obligatory chocolates on the pillows & fresh flowers. The food at reception was fresh & tasty (plenty of it) the staff served well making all feel welcome & remained on hand throughout. A lovely time had by all.
Noisy excited children were allowed to 'be children' & have a good time too.

Room Tip: Nice sunny room we had on the South side are quieter