“The best hotel experience I've ever had!!”
Review of Crowne Plaza Leeds

Crowne Plaza Leeds
Ranked #19 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My girlfriend and I fancied a quick break before Xmas as we would be spending the majority of the festive season working.
We opted for Leeds as she enjoys the Christmas market & shopping plazas and I like the night life & the night life.
We booked in at the Crowne Plaza as it was nicely situated by the station and near enough to the centre of town.
We were greeted on arrival by Danielle, she set the tone for the next few days as she was 1 of the friendliest and most helpful people I've ever had the pleasure to come across!
I'm irked by the fact I didn't learn everyone's name as each member of staff we came across were just as friendly, attentive and professional as the last!!
I'd be willing to overlook minor faults as the staff were so good but I didn't have to!! The room was clean and furnished perfectly, with all the amenities we needed (the bed was like a cloud!!) The spar/gym facilities were modern, well maintained, clean and free of any extra charges that can some time sting you!!
There was a wedding on the Saturday but it didn't affect our stay one bit (u'd have to be pretty bloody cynical to be-grudge someone's wedding day as ruining your stay, like I've seen in other, miserly reviews!!) as the music couldn't be heard and we still had use of the bar areas.
I could go on but (if I haven't already) fear that I'm descending into "gush" territory!!
In short, stay here!!

• Stayed: November 2013
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,814)

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Haven't stayed here in about 10 years and it has improved.

All staff are very friendly and helpful - from front reception, through room changeover/cleaners to the restaurant.....probably some of the best I come across.

Rooms are well furnished and comfortable....but I did have an exec room so you would expect it.

Downsides - breakfast was a little lacking. What there was was great but several items were missing or not stocked up, such as grapefruit pieces and orange juice. I'm sure if I had asked then someone would have assisted but at breakfast I just don't haven't the time.
Lastly, the lift from the 6th floor takes ages when coming down. Twice I gave up waiting and took the stairs....good exercise but not what you expect when with luggage etc.

All in, highly recommended and got the basics very well done. Just a few little niggles.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some constructive customer feedback.

I am delighted to read that in the main you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed at the hotel as we were going to see the Andrea Bocell concert at the Arena (amazing!!) and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. All the staff we encountered were very friendly and attentive and nothing is too much trouble for them, particularly the receptionist Abigail, and are asset to the organisation. It was very apparent that they enjoyed their jobs. The bedrooms and bathrooms were large and clean - the beds were super and aided us to have a good nights sleep. Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice and the quality of the food excellent. We have stayed in a number of hotels in Leeds, sometimes returning to some on frequent basis, and we shall certainly return to the Crowne Plaza when we next visit Leeds.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed at the hotel as part of an early Christmas party group. we got a rate which included breakfast. we checked in around 3pm and they had no standard double rooms ready so we were upgraded to executive room - nothing special but nice with complimentary bottled water. the bedroom was clean and comfy with a big TV and a nice lazy boy style chair. The shower was very warm and I could have stayed in it all night....the only downside to the room was the lighting around the wardrobe area and the lack of vanity space. we attended a party in the hotel that night and the food we had was nice, the breakfast was also very good lots of choice and good quality and the waiting staff very attentive, breakfast was also served till 1130 which when you have attended a party in the hotel the night before was a refreshing change not to have to get up early to enjoy a breakfast. all in all a very good hotel

Reviewed November 25, 2013

From the moment we walked through the door all the staff we met were very pleasant, friendly and helpful, which continued throughout our stay right through to breakfast the next morning and checkout. Note to management, keep this staff, they do you proud. Room 321 very clean quiet and comfortable, although the bathroom door sicks a bit, which is the only reason it dropped a pip. Breakfast really good and everything you could ask for in this type of hotel. We stayed overnight for a concert at the arena. It is ideal for this and any shopping or other event in the city centre. We would thoroughly recommend it as at the top level of this class of hotel.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed for a weekend combining Hed-do and shopping.
Friendly and helpful reception staff who went out of their way to assist.
The standard room was large, well decorated and clean. Decent bathroom with shower. Room had the basics plus a fridge etc.
Breakfast was ok - lots of choice hot and cold buffet, but they ran out of plates one day, and also were slow to refill the hot food sometimes.
Staff very patient and helpful though - can order eggs to the table.
Some of our party had a Suite - which was large and spacious with separate rooms/sitting area and had 2 bathroom etc, it was ok but rather bland for the money. Was more of a larger room than what a Suite should be.
There was a wedding on in the hotel at the time, and they really made an effort with all the decor and greetings etc.
The Gym was great, as was the spa and pool.
Located only 10 minutes walk from the station, but in the opposite direction to the shops etc. Lovely hotel for the price and would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed for a 2 night shopping weekend. We were in room 501 which was a nice room however, there were clothes left in the wardrobe, the area above the fridge was dirty with sticky cup marks and sugar on the top and the last persons hair bobbles and grips on the floor. The minibar wasn't stocked and the second day we were only left with tea/coffee etc for 1 person!. The bath and bathroom floor had hair left so it hadn't been cleaned properly. We informed the duty manager who said he'd deal with it, but it was still the same the next day, even after the housekeeper had been.
The rooms are in need of an update but the hotel itself is ok. Parking is good, food in the bar was really nice and the staff are friendly.
There was a wedding and a party on but we weren't disturbed - just had noisy neighbours! 10 minute walk from town which turned out to be a bit of a pain when you have lots of shopping bags, but booked the hotel through Asda travel and got a good deal. All in all, it was ok but we prefer the Marriott in the centre of Leeds.

Room Tip: The higher the better!