“Decent Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
London, United Kingdom
“Decent Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

A good hotel, re-furbed rooms are spacious and well-appointed. Staff friendly. Breakfast a decent buffet, nothing fancy. Quiet interally considering the number of rooms. Soundproofing effective against noise from busy-road location. Short walk to town centre and entertainments. Lifts irritating to use. Has a complimentary gym/health-center but didn't get to use it. Restaurant ok, slow service on quiet evenings but competent enough.

Room Tip: High-up is good, but the lifts are worryingly clunky.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, December 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some good customer feedback.

I am delighted to read that in the main you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please be assured I will be passing on your comments with regards to the slow service in the restaurant.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

In need of a little modernisation but room a good size and very comfortable bed. Nice size wardrobe and bathroom. Staff were fantastic and friendly which counts for a lot.
Good bar and good location with some good restaurants and bars close by.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bertroot

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Not right in the heart of Leeds, but you’ll still find this hotel well located. Very friendly and efficient reception staff, well maintained public areas. Convenient, if a little expensive hotel car park.

It’s hard to comment on the standard of food, only having breakfast – which was what you’d expect from this brand, good without being exciting. If you order something from the kitchen, poached eggs in this case, they arrive quickly and perfectly cooked. The dining room is a little drab though.

Years ago hotels ripped you off with their high prices for daring to make a phone call from your room, then mobile phones came along. Now it’s Wi-Fi. This is yet another hotel that fails to include Wi-Fi, claiming it’s ‘secure’ and ‘fast’ to justify the charge. It does not need to be ‘secure’, and having used it here, it is far from fast… registering only 2Mbps.

This is not the best or worst Leeds has to offer in this price band. Make sure you ask for a bedroom which has been recently refurbished and then you’ll probally want to return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear ConsumerJournalist,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. However, I would like to apologize for the dissatisfaction you had experienced because of the internet connection. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
York, Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for work and it was very good. Large rooms, good service.
A little out of the city centre. 10 minutes walk or a short cab ride.

I didn't have breakfast so couldn't comment on this. There is good car parking on site also.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

The one thing that stands out above all else at the Crowne Plaza are the Staff ..absolutely first class every single one on of them.
We stayed from friday 9th / 11/13 to sun 11/13 & stayed in room 422 on the 4th floor
The room was average but very clean... I thought the hotel was in need of some refurbishing &
I thought the bed was a bit firm & the pillows a bit soft....There was a mini bar in the room which was chargeable ...A safe, Iron & Ironing board which were free of charge..( the Ironing board needs to be changed as one of the legs is shorter then the other 3 which meant you could not rest the iron on it or you risked it falling on to the floor )
We ordered some food in the bar which seemed to take an age to appear at our table but it was worth the wait...There is a full breakfast menu which will cater for mosts tastes and you help yourself so you should be sorted for the rest of the day.... I personally thought the parking charges a bit steep £10.00 per night over the wk end & £15.00 per night through the wk....We intended to take advantage of the swimming pool & gym but never got around to it.
Overall its a good hotel the downside is its looking tired

Room Tip: If you dont do lifts insist on a room on the lower floors preferably on the 4th floor at wk ends as...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some good customer feedback.

I am delighted to read that in the main you enjoyed your stay with us. I will ensure your comments regarding some of the items in the room are passed onto our housekeeping team.

Please be assured I have passed on your kind comments about our staff, as they serve as a great motivator.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Great location, not to far away from the train station or center. The hotel and facilities were great. The rooms were comfortable and clean. the staff were extremely helpful and very pleasant. We will be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2013

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for a weekend in April and booked this hotel as part of a 'secret hotel' deal. Was extremely happy to find out this was the hotel I'd secretly booked and even happier on arrival.

This was the first trip I'd made with my baby and the staff couldn't have been more helpful offering everything from travel cost to milk storage should I require it.

I made use of the on site pool each morning as I took the baby for a swim and enjoyed the small touches, such as complimentary water in room and chocolates on the freshly made bed each day.

Sadly, as my special rate was room only, I can't comment on the breakfast offerings :-)

• Stayed April 2013