“Great time..”
Review of Crowne Plaza Leeds

Crowne Plaza Leeds
Ranked #18 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed here recently for 2 nights visiting Leeds for the first time (which we loved) and the Hotel is within walking distance of Town centre
Friendly efficient Reception staff gave us plenty of pointers which way to walk, where to go etc .. this is an older style Hotel but our upgrade to Honeymoon suite was fantastic!! had drinks in hotel at night chatting to staff enjoyed breakfast so for us a great stay...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angela S
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,794)

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Nice staff and nice rooms but these days when internet access is so cheap where do these thieving third world fools get off charging ten pounds a day for what is quite slow internet. I have to work from here and regard internet access as a utility these days in a modern hotel. Three quid a day is acceptable you are just profiteering fools. I will not stay again and will actively recommend people give this home of dick Turpin a wide berth. A nice hotel spoilt by Luddite thinking. Get with the new age and get out of the dark ages.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank bonkersmoronico
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear bonkersmoronico,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. I am glad that you found our staff and rooms to be nice. However, please accept my apologies if your visit was negatively affected by the Internet connection charges. I have your comments documented and these shall be used to consider for enhancements in what we can offer.

I hope the next time you're in the area, you give our hotel another try.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We got a bit lost driving here so rang the hotel and they directed us there which was a great help. The car park was at the side of hotel and spaces were very tight. Checked in quickly and found our room. It was lovely and clean. Didn't think WiFi was worth the charge so didn't bother with it. When we needed direction/advice on where to eat/drink the reception staff were always friendly and helpful. The spray for pillows and rub for your wrist were excellent for getting a good nights sleep. We went out for breakfast so cant comment but had a great weekend in Leeds and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Quite good value on a midweek B&B rate. Hotel is a little dated, but its clean and friendly. Rooms are large, with good facilities in the room - such as iron, big TV, free bottled water etc. Charges for Wifi - which is mean (although you could pick up an excellent Vodafone 3G signal from my room). Breakfast was little bit lacklustre, but nothing horrible. Leeds City Centre is about 5-10min walk away.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night - travelling with work. Hotel was as expected - nothing unique or special! Receptionist was lovely and helpful and directed us to a restaurant for dinner! It is about a 10-15 minute walk from the station, closer to the motorway which was about 10 minutes from my offices so actually ideal. The room was large and comfortable, so all in all a good night sleep. Breakfast was the usual full spread - made to order omelettes which is a favourite of mine!
I would recommend if you want a large hotel where you will not get any surprises. The only thing is that you have to pay for wifi - why it isn't free, I have no idea - but that is I am guessing this is the hotel's way of making money from their business customers.

1  Thank Naths81

Reviewed September 24, 2013

had a great stay for one night . All staff were helpful and the hotels central location was ideal for the local hospitals I had to visit . Room service food was good and just right for me . The room / bathroom were clean on arrival and had a nice smell about them .

1  Thank 725matt

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Found a space in the car park, which made me a happy person. Easy check in, room was ready and well equipped. Straight forward walk into the city centre.
Found the food in the bar very delightful. Though if you are in a rush let them know.
Great night's sleep each night.
Friendly reception staff who really look after you.
Breakfast was ok, had a wide range of products but few staff to do tea and coffee service

1  Thank Niviksters