“Good for working in Leeds”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Crowne Plaza Leeds

Crowne Plaza Leeds
Ranked #17 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Wilmslow, United Kingdom
“Good for working in Leeds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Quite good value on a midweek B&B rate. Hotel is a little dated, but its clean and friendly. Rooms are large, with good facilities in the room - such as iron, big TV, free bottled water etc. Charges for Wifi - which is mean (although you could pick up an excellent Vodafone 3G signal from my room). Breakfast was little bit lacklustre, but nothing horrible. Leeds City Centre is about 5-10min walk away.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
louisest, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, October 3, 2013

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night - travelling with work. Hotel was as expected - nothing unique or special! Receptionist was lovely and helpful and directed us to a restaurant for dinner! It is about a 10-15 minute walk from the station, closer to the motorway which was about 10 minutes from my offices so actually ideal. The room was large and comfortable, so all in all a good night sleep. Breakfast was the usual full spread - made to order omelettes which is a favourite of mine!
I would recommend if you want a large hotel where you will not get any surprises. The only thing is that you have to pay for wifi - why it isn't free, I have no idea - but that is I am guessing this is the hotel's way of making money from their business customers.

1 Thank Naths81

Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

had a great stay for one night . All staff were helpful and the hotels central location was ideal for the local hospitals I had to visit . Room service food was good and just right for me . The room / bathroom were clean on arrival and had a nice smell about them .

1 Thank 725matt

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Found a space in the car park, which made me a happy person. Easy check in, room was ready and well equipped. Straight forward walk into the city centre.
Found the food in the bar very delightful. Though if you are in a rush let them know.
Great night's sleep each night.
Friendly reception staff who really look after you.
Breakfast was ok, had a wide range of products but few staff to do tea and coffee service

1 Thank Niviksters

Kent
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

The staff at reception and in the breakfast area were all extremely good and very helpful. The room had everything one wanted, tea and coffee making facilities, a hair dryer, safe though why their website does not list what is provided I have no idea. If you check out their standard room info on their website there is no mention even of an en suite(there is one). Plus they charge for wifi.
Duvet and bottom sheet lovely and soft, the mattress too hard for us so both of us awoke in discomfort. Annyingly there were a lot of people running around till early in the morning so I would suggest a high floor if you stay here. Breakfast wonderful, choices of cereals, fruit juices, cold meats and cheeses, breads, jams, plenty of hot cooked options (eggs, hash browns, mushrooms, baked beans, bacon, black pudding, sausages). Once again the staff brilliant and a credit to IHG.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor, 5 or above
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear fromKenttoabroad,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I am very delighted to hear your compliments on our hotel staff and room amenities. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. However, I am very sorry that your stay was negatively affected due to the noise. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued guests. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Carlisle, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed here for two nights, was about 5/10 minute walk into town, we stayed for the weekend... the pool was big and had large jacuzzi, most of the staff were friendly and helpful apart from the girl who worked at the pool/changing rooms reception, chip on her shoulder and had a proper little attitude haha room was ok priced considering it had the pool/sauna/jacuzzi to use, we ate out so dont know what the foods like.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please be assured I have passed on your comments regarding a member of staff in our leisure club as this type of service is not acceptable.

Tunbridge Wells
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Really enjoyed my overnight stay which was made more memorable by the staff on duty. Staff couldn't have been more helpful and friendly specialty Matt on reception, who may I add dealt with a particularly obnoxious customer in a very professional manner ! Good location for City centre and great restaurants. Thanks chaps

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, September 13, 2013

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please be assured I have passed on your kind comments to all of my team, especially Matt as they serve as a great motivator.

Guest Relations Manager