“Excellent hotel and staff”
Review of Crowne Plaza Leeds

Crowne Plaza Leeds
Ranked #19 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed here for a night with 6 of my friends for a hen night and found the staff extremely friendly and helpful they literally couldn't do enough for you. First impressions of the rooms were that they were very spacious the bed are sooo comfortable I didn't want to get out in the morning the sleep spray is a nice touch and frankly the air conditioning was a godsend. We had a full cooked breakfast in the morning which was great just what the doctor ordered after a night out then we spent the morning relaxing in the spa the jacuzzi I have got to say was the hottest jacuzzi I have ever been in it was on par with how I have my bath so didn't feel the need to use the steam room I literally have no complaints and would stay again thankyou for a great weekend .

• Stayed: July 2013
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some customer feedback.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

2 night stay for business.
Excellent attentive staff.
Andrew at check in very friendly and welcoming.
Good breakfast and prompt room service.
Very slight attention needed re bedroom was swiftly dealt with. surprised to see so many cigarette butts at the entrance but this didn't mar my stay at all.
Very good value.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some customer feedback.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Booked last minute to celebrate boyfriends birthday, on arrival the staff were really friendly and helpful, the hotel looked amazing. Had such a nice stay would stay here again. Would advise everyone to stay here when visiting leeds. Could not find a single fault with the hotel or its brilliant staff everything was fab!!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I visit Leeds regularly to visit friends from my University days and I have stayed in most of the 4 and 5 star Hotels in the City Centre.

Without doubt the Crown is one of the best I've stayed in. I paid less than £100 a night for my double room (which I'm sure was just good fortune as it most likely costs much more than that.) and I would have happily paid double for the experience.

The lobby is aesthetically pleasing and well designed. The staff were great, not just helpful and polite, but friendly which makes you feel at ease. The girl who checked me in never stopped chatting away and was very informative about the city and some great places to see and go at night.

The room itself was fantastic, the bed huge and very comfortable. Sky television was available and the furniture was of high quality. Air conditioning was available and effective on a scorching weekend.

The Location is good, not slap bang in the city centre like some other hotels but a 10 minute walk if that so I can't disagree with it's 'city centre' tag.

The only negative to the stay was the bathroom, which wasn't especially awful or bad, but just simplistic and dated compared to everything else in the hotel.

Overall though I'd definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Kimberley_Bryan, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Guest

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be great value and in a good location.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have just come back from a 1night stay here wish I could of stayed longer. From walking through the door to leaving this morning staff were very welcoming and friendly. We were greeted by Andrew at reception who gave us a FREE room upgrade Nothing was to much trouble. We will be visiting again shortly. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff here very welcoming and friendly. Your kind comments about Andrew will be passed onto him and this will serve as a great motivator.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I satyed at the Leeds Crowne Plaza with my Son and Daughter on Thursday 11 July, it was my Daughters graduation at Leeds University the following day on Friday 12 July. At check in we were dealt with by a young man whose name i think was Matt, he was a very down to earth guy who was both polite and helpful, and as i am a Platinum Priority member i asked for executive room upgrades, he checked his system for availability and my Son and i were upgraded to an executive Twin (which had just undergone a refurbishment and was lovely) and he allocated my Daughter room 603, upon her arrival to her room she was totally gobsmacked as this was a SUITE which had a seperate sitting room two 42 inch Plasma televisions and two bathrooms, she was totally made up as she had never stayed in a suite before, so thank you Matt!! We didn't have dinner in the hotel as we had booked to go to Blackhouse Grill on the evening which was also BRILLIANT(see the review) Breakfast the following morning was ok, but busy as there were a couple of coach parties that hit the breakfast room all together, but again the staff were very attentive and professional. I stay at the IHG group of hotels on business and my occupancy is usually circa 95 nights per year, i can whole heartedly state that this is the best staffed Crowne Plaza in the whole of the UK! well done guys!!

Room Tip: Room 603 was brilliant
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Paul B

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrades and your kind comments about Matt will be passed onto him as they serve as a great motivator.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Where to start!
Generous covered parking by and under the hotel just a minutes walk from reception. Reception and all other staff I met were very friendly and polite. I always eat in my room as I don't like being 'Billy no mates' in the restaurant. My dinner was served promptly and was good and hot. The Chips? I must get the chefs recipe! I liked the touch of the breakfast room-server phoning to say he was on his way up. I have been caught in the shower in other hotels.
The room on the 6th floor was large by UK standards. I'm sure an American wouldn't complain. The bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning worked well in our current 30C+ heat wave.
I can't say if this is the best hotel in Leeds, but I can tell you that I won't be looking for another one next time I'm here

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, that you found our staff here very to be friendly and polite, and that you thought our rooms were large and comfortable.