“One of the best hotel's in Leeds”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Crowne Plaza Leeds

Crowne Plaza Leeds
Ranked #17 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Blyth, United Kingdom
“One of the best hotel's in Leeds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I visit Leeds regularly to visit friends from my University days and I have stayed in most of the 4 and 5 star Hotels in the City Centre.

Without doubt the Crown is one of the best I've stayed in. I paid less than £100 a night for my double room (which I'm sure was just good fortune as it most likely costs much more than that.) and I would have happily paid double for the experience.

The lobby is aesthetically pleasing and well designed. The staff were great, not just helpful and polite, but friendly which makes you feel at ease. The girl who checked me in never stopped chatting away and was very informative about the city and some great places to see and go at night.

The room itself was fantastic, the bed huge and very comfortable. Sky television was available and the furniture was of high quality. Air conditioning was available and effective on a scorching weekend.

The Location is good, not slap bang in the city centre like some other hotels but a 10 minute walk if that so I can't disagree with it's 'city centre' tag.

The only negative to the stay was the bathroom, which wasn't especially awful or bad, but just simplistic and dated compared to everything else in the hotel.

Overall though I'd definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Kimberley_Bryan, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Guest

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel to be great value and in a good location.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Scarborough, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have just come back from a 1night stay here wish I could of stayed longer. From walking through the door to leaving this morning staff were very welcoming and friendly. We were greeted by Andrew at reception who gave us a FREE room upgrade Nothing was to much trouble. We will be visiting again shortly. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff here very welcoming and friendly. Your kind comments about Andrew will be passed onto him and this will serve as a great motivator.

Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I satyed at the Leeds Crowne Plaza with my Son and Daughter on Thursday 11 July, it was my Daughters graduation at Leeds University the following day on Friday 12 July. At check in we were dealt with by a young man whose name i think was Matt, he was a very down to earth guy who was both polite and helpful, and as i am a Platinum Priority member i asked for executive room upgrades, he checked his system for availability and my Son and i were upgraded to an executive Twin (which had just undergone a refurbishment and was lovely) and he allocated my Daughter room 603, upon her arrival to her room she was totally gobsmacked as this was a SUITE which had a seperate sitting room two 42 inch Plasma televisions and two bathrooms, she was totally made up as she had never stayed in a suite before, so thank you Matt!! We didn't have dinner in the hotel as we had booked to go to Blackhouse Grill on the evening which was also BRILLIANT(see the review) Breakfast the following morning was ok, but busy as there were a couple of coach parties that hit the breakfast room all together, but again the staff were very attentive and professional. I stay at the IHG group of hotels on business and my occupancy is usually circa 95 nights per year, i can whole heartedly state that this is the best staffed Crowne Plaza in the whole of the UK! well done guys!!

Room Tip: Room 603 was brilliant
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kebuts
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrades and your kind comments about Matt will be passed onto him as they serve as a great motivator.

Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Where to start!
Generous covered parking by and under the hotel just a minutes walk from reception. Reception and all other staff I met were very friendly and polite. I always eat in my room as I don't like being 'Billy no mates' in the restaurant. My dinner was served promptly and was good and hot. The Chips? I must get the chefs recipe! I liked the touch of the breakfast room-server phoning to say he was on his way up. I have been caught in the shower in other hotels.
The room on the 6th floor was large by UK standards. I'm sure an American wouldn't complain. The bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning worked well in our current 30C+ heat wave.
I can't say if this is the best hotel in Leeds, but I can tell you that I won't be looking for another one next time I'm here

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, that you found our staff here very to be friendly and polite, and that you thought our rooms were large and comfortable.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

After arriving early for my hen weekend we were allowed to have one of our rooms before check in which was a great help, staff were friendly & breakfast was great, we didn't have chance to use any other of the facilities but that was no fault of the hotel,oh well I might just have to go back again lol x

• Stayed July 2013
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Frodsham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed two nights for my daughter's hen weekend. The service overall was ok. The hotel has a good central location. The reception staff on arrival were attentive and friendly. The weather was scorching, rooms had air conditioning but unfortunately it didn't work in our rooms and we could only secure a room with working air conditioning for my daughter and her friend as the hotel was fully booked. I was provided with a fan by the helpful young man on reception. There was no air conditioning in the hallways so it was unbearably hot. On our second day at the hotel we decided to eat in the hotel bar, I ordered sirloin steak (the most expensive item on the menu). I tried to eat the steak, but was unable to cut it as it had sinewy fat running right through it. I complained to the catering manager, he was completely unhelpful and I found his attitude insulting, he told me that it wasn't the hotel's fault it was a supplier issue and was very condescending. In replacement for my steak I was offered a drink or a ham sandwich (one of the least expensive items on the menu), in my room. Later that evening my daughter was using the lift and the door slammed on her arm bruising it quite badly. The man on reception seemed concerned and took her name but he did not follow up. I think that the service can only truly be assessed when issues arise and unfortunately as the issues were not dealt with I would not recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank ccatherine_13
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your recent stay.

Here at the Crowne Plaza Leeds we strive to provide each of our guests with the highest level of service and customer care and I deeply regret that on this occasion, we have failed to deliver this.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas and, wherever possible, take the necessary actions to ensure problems can be avoided in the future.

In respect of your comments, I can assure you I will be speaking with our Food and Beverage Manager with regards to the lack of customer service you received in our bar.

On a final note, may I once again apologise for the shortcomings experienced during your short break in Leeds.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed on a 2 night break in a luxury room on the top floor. Room was lovely bed very comfy and just as advertised with lovely bedding and really peaceful for a good nights sleep no noise from other rooms! Weather was red hot so great that room had air conditioning and black out curtains! We used the pool after a great breakfast which was a nice fresh start to the day. The hotel staff were all very nice friendly and helpful. Thoroughly recommend a stay at this hotel which is a great hotel in a good location and we really felt like we had a nice weekend away a real treat!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.