“great hotel,friendly staff”

Ranked #20 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Hull, UK
“great hotel,friendly staff”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We booked this hotel for a relaxing weekend away and we had a lovely time. Booking in was fast and efficient and we were upgraded free of charge . We took advantage of the pool and chilled out before a lovely meal in the restaurant.
A word about the staff- we had to agree that we have never stayed in a friendlier hotel, everyone from the front desk to the restaurant were so nice and helpful it really made all the difference. Room was clean and comfy beds made for a good nights sleep.
The hotel is 10 minutes walk to the centre and the new Trinity Shopping centre is worth a visit .
We will be heading for Leeds again in the near future and will be staying at the Crowne again !!

Room Tip: top floors offer a nice view of leeds and a quiet nights sleep
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, May 1, 2013

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please be assured I have passed on your kind comments to all of our team, as they serve as a great motivator.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
UK
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I took my wife and 18 Month son to Leeds for my wife’s surprise birthday party. We stayed 2 relaxing nights, where the hotel staff took care of everything we could of need.

We made use of the restaurant for dinner, where we found the menu pricey for the food provided (hence 3 stars for value). The staff were attentive and very polite.

I have also down marked the room by one star. Though large and comfortable the room was tired, especially in the bathroom area. But also the minibar didn't work, firstly we could not open it and secondly, the bottle of Champagne that I carried all the way from home, was room temperature when I took it out of the fridge. But that should not discourage you from using this hotel:

The bar was excellent and we particularly enjoyed the mezzanine area.

The best service of our stay came from Matt and Danielle, who made everything very easy for us. Considering we had a little child, they ensured we got the help we needed, be that warm milk, a hand with the extra kit (you always need with a baby) nothing at all was too much trouble. The same must be said for the deputy manageress of the Spirit health club, where my Wife and I were able to relax in the spa area.

I summary, Great service, great location close to City Centre and Train Station, great running route along the nearby canal, great pool and comfortable rooms.

We will be back, I don't think my review does justice to how brilliant the little break to Leeds was.

Room Tip: The pool is soooo relaxing, especially if you have been on your feet all day in Trinity Shopping Cen...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please be assured I have passed on your kind comments to both Matt and Danielle, as they serve as a great motivator.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just got home for a one night stay in the Crowne Plaza Leeds and I have to say it was one of the best hotel stays I have ever had. Considering we got this as a secret hotel deal, we only paid £60 for a top notch, beautiful hotel with just a short walk to the Leeds centre.

The car park was secure and at 9 pound for 29 hours, it was reasonable! They let us keep our car there until the following day until 4pm with no extra fee! The rooms were spotless and very well equipped. The staff were extremely helpful and polite and bent over backwards to welcome and assist with our stay in the hotel. We didn't have chance to visit the complimentary health club but other guests spoke fondly of it.

Would love to visit again as Leeds was the perfect shopping get away. Only thing I would say is the the centre it's self is expensive for bars and restaurants! Overall, massive smiles all weekend!

• Stayed April 2013

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Very friendly staff and clean hotel. Reception very warm welcome and room very nice and clean and spacious. Nice pool, sauna, and steam room.

Very relaxing stay and not too far to walk down Wellington street to the shops and the office

Room Tip: Use priority club for an upgrade
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 13, 2013

In many ways a fine hotel - excellent food, good service with a smile and clean bedrooms in a good state of repair.

BUT the hotel design is awful. Service vans are obliged to park in the exit to the Car Park when delivering goods. In our case we were delayed by 20 minutes waiting for a "Brakes" delivery van to leave and were then late for a meeting.

Also the hotel decided to refurbish the gym through the night - the noise was awful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some customer feedback.

I am delighted to read that in the main you enjoyed your stay.

I was sorry to hear that you were delayed whilst exiting our car park. The delivery area is usually wide enough for a lorry to pull in and a car to exit at the same time. I can only apologise if on this occasion our delivery van was not situated in the correct area.

Northampton England.
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Stayed for three nights between Xmas & New Year on the 2012 deal.
Upgraded to one of the executive rooms which were very spacey.
It's a 10 minute walk into the main shopping areas so is perfect for both shopping & relaxing.
Great room, great spa, great value!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kimberley_Bryan, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a response regarding your recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Leeds.

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our hotel to be of great value and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest Regards
Guests Relations Manager
Selby, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had a couple of nights at the Crowne Plaza and had a lovely stay. The front desk staff
were great - very friendly and helpful. The hotel is gorgeous, lovely decor, plush sofas and thick carpets.
There are a couple of restaurants and a lovely mezzanine level. The food is gorgeous, great menu and wine list.
The only downside is that it's fairly difficult to find the hotel/carpark. We went round the block a few times!
It is quite a plush, corporate hotel and seems to be used a lot by business men so doesn't have a 'family feel' young children etc.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kimberley_Bryan, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Leeds.

I am delighted to read all your lovely comments about out hotel and I am happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our staff very friendly and helpful.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest Regards