“Disappointing. Taxi's didn't want to take me there.”
Review of Crowne Plaza Leeds

Crowne Plaza Leeds
Ranked #20 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Disappointing. [1] Loads of people's hair under the sheet by my pillow, eurgh! [2] The bed was itchy like I was being bitten! [3] In my room was a note saying "With compliments from the General manager - We hope you enjoy these refreshments presented with our compliments" great, except the note was next to empty glasses and an empty 1970's plastic ice bucket - no refreshments, no water, nothing. Premier Inn would have been much better. [4] Important - this hotel is on the outskirts of town, too far to walk when its dark, but taxi drivers didn't want to take you to this hotel as they lose their place in their queue, for example 2 different drivers completely refused to take me (even at 1030 at night), so I had to get into the third driver's taxi first before saying where I was going, he then got annoyed that he had to take me!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Coasted
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your recent stay.

Here at the Crowne Plaza Leeds we strive to provide each of our guests with the highest level of service and customer care and I deeply regret that on this occasion, we have failed to deliver this.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas and, wherever possible, take the necessary actions to ensure problems can be avoided in the future.

In respect of your comments regarding cleanliness, I am extremely disappointed and would like to assure you that this is not a common occurrence at the hotel. I will be speaking with our Housekeeping Manager with regards to these specific issues and would like to assure you that they will be addressed as a matter of urgency.

With regards to taxis, this is not a problem we have ever encountered before. The hotel is only a 10 minute walk into the centre and a 5 minute drive. We actually use a taxi company called Amber Cars that are contracted to the hotel, so I would suggest that if you did return to the hotel again then that you give us a call and we can arrange a taxi for you.

On a final note, may I once again apologise for the shortcomings experienced during your short break in Leeds.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Leeds

Reviewed February 3, 2012

The hotel was clean with a good size room (426) and service was good. Staff were polite and courteous at all times with a nice breakfast selection. we did have a small minor problem in the sauna which we were informed is scheduled for refit and the duty manager was very quick to offer apologies and rectify the issue. problems may occur wherever people stay and judgement has to be made on how the problem is dealt therefore we can only recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some excellent and constructive customer feedback.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

one of the worst hotel experiences in many years of regular business travel throughout the UK and Europe. In fairness I will start with the positive aspects. The young man on reception was very friendly, cheerful and efficient, unfortunately things went rapidly down hill from there.
Room 305 was unbearably hot and stuffy, it smelled as if it had been used by a smoker and poorly cleaned, (this was confirmed at checkout) it was noisy, despite asking for a quiet room,  and despite my being a Gold Priority Club member, there was no internet connection. When I questioned this, the reception staff were totally unhelpful, and either unable or unwilling to even discuss my complaints and just stated "that's the hotel policy".
Unable to get any work done I tried the leisure club, big mistake, I was shocked at the disgraceful state of the leisure club, the changing room floor was filthy, Sauna and Steam Room were both cold and the Sauna was smelly. It also appeared that a group of regulars thought it was their own private club.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I booked and pre-paid for a room for 2 nights. Imagine my surprise when I arrived at the hotel at 10.40pm to be told that the hotel did not have a room for me. The receptionist told me that they routinely overbook rooms as not everyone turns up. She did not seem to think it was relevant that I had paid for the room in advance! What was particularly annoying was that the hotel made no attempt to contact me by phone during the evening to let me know that there was a problem. Although they eventually booked me into another hotel and paid for a taxi it is not experience you want late at night in a city that you are unfamiliar with, particularly as a lone female traveller.
To cap it all I got a phone call the next day from the hotel's customer services saying that they would offer me a good deal if I would like to go back to the hotel at some point and would put a note on the computer to make sure I didn't get bumped on that occasion!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank submarinerLondon
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2012

Dear Guest

In respect of your comments regarding your book out to another hotel, I would like to clarify
it is not a common occurrence for us to have to book our guests into another hotel. Unfortunately on this occasion there was a need to do so.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Great hotel for leeds, good standard of room and nice and clean stayed in a room overlooking the road very quite had a good night stay. we stayed over the christmas break and had a great time. have satayed before and will keep coming back

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us over Christmas.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

Just returned from a overnight stay at the Crown Plaza Hotel Leeds.This Hotel ticks all the right boxes,the room was immaculate, great location and best of all was the great service we received from reception,very very polite and nothing was too much bother.
The spa was very welcome.
Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor with no problems
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bigal657

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found our reception team helpful during your stay.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Stayed at the hotel the night before a a seminar. As most people have said, staff very friendly and efficient, foyer and public areas very good. Bedroom perfectly good - comfortable bed, clean. Bathroom clean enough but dated - needs modernising. Food perfectly good (dinenr and breakfast). No problem parking. Only real negative - and this applies to a LOT of business hotels - that wifi is charged at a ridiculous £15 per 24 hours. Do hotels not realise that actually this is important to their business cients and does affect (certianly in my case) if I stay at a hotel or not.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some good customer feedback.

I am delighted to read that you will be returning to Crowne Plaza Leeds in the future.

With regards to what you get in your room… without being able to check your name and booking I cannot tell what room type you normally book. To clarify though, chocolates, fruit plate and water are all present in the room if you pay to upgrade to an executive room. Only the water is available in a standard room. I am sorry this was missing during one of your stays.

With regards to the housekeeping issues, I will be raising these issues with the departmental manager as these are certainly not acceptable standards.