“A weekend in Leeds”

Ranked #20 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
London, England
“A weekend in Leeds”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We arrived early and the desk staff offered to hold our bags in reception to allow us to go into town. It takes just 5 minutes to walk to the town centre. When we got. Back to the hotel some hours later, check-in was friendly and seamless. We had booked a double room but we're told that we were in a suite. Result!
The suite on the 6th floor had a large double bedroom, a large bathroom with a corner bath large enough for two, a large living room with a dining table in it, a luggage room and a second WC. The breakfast buffet was good with plenty of choices to cater for all tastes. We had a room service meal on our last night. It arrived in about 15 minutes. The food was hot and freshly made. The tray charge was just £3.50.

• Stayed December 2011
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and were lucky enough to be upgraded to one of our suites.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2011

This was our third stay at this well located and understandably busy hotel. We'd requested a high floor quiet room and were very pleased with our room (512). The reception staff were all very friendly and efficient coping well with the challenges posed by other guests. Their restaurant was closed due to a private party and when we have stayed previously the bar was closed for the same reason. If you want to eat and drink at the hotel it's probably best to check that these facilities will be open during your stay. There are however many other options a short walk away. We would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: We always ask for a high floor quiet room
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some good customer feedback.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be returning in the future.

With regards to our Restaurant and Bar, it is very rare that they are closed due to private parties. With your booking being during December however, the restaurant would have been closed for a Christmas Party. I apologise that you were unable to eat in the restaurant on this occasion.

Thank you again for choosing Crowne Plaza Leeds as your preferred hotel of choice and may I thank you again for your recommendation to future potential guests.

Shanghai
Reviewed December 10, 2011

This is the second time that I have stayed in this hotel, it's well located for business or leisure. Rooms are comfortable and well maintained but what make this cosy hotel the place to stay is the staff - friendly and efficient and nothing seems to be too much trouble. Only minor criticism I have would be on the breakfast which is a bit basic!

Room Tip: Request a high floor
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank GraemeShanghai
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Please be assured I have passed on your kind comments to the team, as they serve as a great motivator.

I was surprised to hear that you found our breakfast basic, as we serve a full English buffet breakfast as well as having a breakfast menu where alternative dishes can be ordered. I hope that next time you return to the hotel you find it meets with your expectations.

huddersifled
Reviewed December 10, 2011

We stayed at this hotel last weekend. It was very clean, and the staff were fantastic. All members of staff were very helpful, particulaly at reception when we were checking in. Reception staff were very quick and even allowed us to check in early. Our room was also very clean and spacious and had a nice view over the city. Although there were no twin rooms available we ended up with a double and a pull out sofa bed. The sofa bed was very uncomfortable with springs sticking through the mattress, which meant I didnt get a good nights sleep, however this was the only downfall to the whole stay. It was near to the shops and christmas market but set back enough to ensure it was quiet on a night. The spa was great, loads of facilities and the hot tub was actually hot...which you dont always get at hotels, as most of them tend to be just warm. We ate in the restaurant that evening and the food was lovely, and staff again were very friendly and helpful. When we checked out and got home we realised we had left our swim suites in the bathroom of our hotel room. I rung to speak to house keeping at the hotel and again nothing was too much trouble, a very polite and helpful lady named Diane went to check if she could find our swimsuites and rung me back within 10 minutes saying she had found them. I asked if we paid for postage if she could post them to us, and she said there was no need for us to pay and that they would post them out free of charge to us, she was fantastic and very helpful. Overall we could not fault our stay and had a great time, we have already booked to go back after christmas!!

Room Tip: dont get a sofa bed! ..very uncomfortable, all the divan beds were fine and very comfortable.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found that the hotel met with your expectations.

Please be assured I have passed on your kind comments to the team, inparticular Diane, as they serve as a great motivator.

Newcastle
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I stayed here on business recently and it whilst it was ok, it's not as good as it should be for Crowne Plaza and very expensive for what it was.

The public areas like reception, bar and restaurant etc. (the bits where you spend your money) were fine enough, but somebody needs to have a word with the cleaning staff as I found a half eaten packet of someone else's M&S stem ginger cookies on my window sill and you could have written your name in the dust on the mirror in my room and on top of the trouser press - in fact I did actually write my room number on the mirror before I left.

Another reviewer calls this the best hotel in Leeds. Heaven help us if he's right because at £94 a night plus a very racy £13 to use the car park (which in my view should be complimentary for paying guests) I'll be looking for alternative accomodation next time I need to stay in Leeds.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel, as the ones facing the busy main road out front are very no...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your recent stay.

Here at the Crowne Plaza Leeds we strive to provide each of our guests with the highest level of service and customer care and I deeply regret that on this occasion, we have failed to deliver this.

With regards to the cleanliness in your bedroom, I must apologise that these issues were not spotted when cleaning the room prior to your check in. There is certainly no excuse for the issues that were spotted. I would like to assure you that these problems are not a common occurrence.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas and, wherever possible, take the necessary actions to ensure problems can be avoided in the future.

On a final note, may I once again apologise for the shortcomings experienced during your short break in Leeds.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I wasnt sure about this place after reading some of the reviews. Mainly the ones about it being old and smelly and dusty. Well, it was older than some hotels but it was sptolessly clean and very nice. The receptionist Matt was very friendly and helpful from the moment i arrived and even remembered my room number when i checked out! My only issue really with this hotel is the price of food! I ordered the cheapest meal on the menu for room service, a cheese burger and chips. It ended up costing me £17.50 after tray charges! Not good. Also i didnt like having to pay for parking. Those 2 issues might put me off returning even though the rest of the experience was excellent.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some good customer feedback.

Please be assured I have passed on your kind comments to Matt, as they serve as a great motivator.

As we are a city centre hotel, we do charge for car parking. We our rates are competitively priced though.

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 25, 2011

This is a good hotel and well located near the centre of Leeds. However some of the rooms are in need of refurbishment which makes the £114 a night price tag quite expensive for what you get. This carries over to the restaurant and car parks where you pay over the odds

The gym is excellent however and the location 10 mins walk from the station is good

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear Guest

Here at the Crowne Plaza Leeds we would like to think that all of our guests feel that the product they are receiving is value for money. I am sorry that you feel this is not the case in some respects.

If the company your work for is a regular corporate user of the hotel or hotels within the IHG group, you might like to enquire with our reservations team about setting up a corporate rate that you can take advantage of. They would be more than happy to discuss this with our sales team if there was a need.

On a final note, I look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Leeds in the near future.