“Fantastic hotel, already booked again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Crowne Plaza Leeds

Crowne Plaza Leeds
Ranked #18 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
huddersifled
“Fantastic hotel, already booked again!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

We stayed at this hotel last weekend. It was very clean, and the staff were fantastic. All members of staff were very helpful, particulaly at reception when we were checking in. Reception staff were very quick and even allowed us to check in early. Our room was also very clean and spacious and had a nice view over the city. Although there were no twin rooms available we ended up with a double and a pull out sofa bed. The sofa bed was very uncomfortable with springs sticking through the mattress, which meant I didnt get a good nights sleep, however this was the only downfall to the whole stay. It was near to the shops and christmas market but set back enough to ensure it was quiet on a night. The spa was great, loads of facilities and the hot tub was actually hot...which you dont always get at hotels, as most of them tend to be just warm. We ate in the restaurant that evening and the food was lovely, and staff again were very friendly and helpful. When we checked out and got home we realised we had left our swim suites in the bathroom of our hotel room. I rung to speak to house keeping at the hotel and again nothing was too much trouble, a very polite and helpful lady named Diane went to check if she could find our swimsuites and rung me back within 10 minutes saying she had found them. I asked if we paid for postage if she could post them to us, and she said there was no need for us to pay and that they would post them out free of charge to us, she was fantastic and very helpful. Overall we could not fault our stay and had a great time, we have already booked to go back after christmas!!

Room Tip: dont get a sofa bed! ..very uncomfortable, all the divan beds were fine and very comfortable.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found that the hotel met with your expectations.

Please be assured I have passed on your kind comments to the team, inparticular Diane, as they serve as a great motivator.

Thank you again for choosing Crowne Plaza Leeds as your preferred hotel of choice and may I thank you again for your recommendation to future potential guests.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Newcastle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

I stayed here on business recently and it whilst it was ok, it's not as good as it should be for Crowne Plaza and very expensive for what it was.

The public areas like reception, bar and restaurant etc. (the bits where you spend your money) were fine enough, but somebody needs to have a word with the cleaning staff as I found a half eaten packet of someone else's M&S stem ginger cookies on my window sill and you could have written your name in the dust on the mirror in my room and on top of the trouser press - in fact I did actually write my room number on the mirror before I left.

Another reviewer calls this the best hotel in Leeds. Heaven help us if he's right because at £94 a night plus a very racy £13 to use the car park (which in my view should be complimentary for paying guests) I'll be looking for alternative accomodation next time I need to stay in Leeds.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel, as the ones facing the busy main road out front are very no...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your recent stay.

Here at the Crowne Plaza Leeds we strive to provide each of our guests with the highest level of service and customer care and I deeply regret that on this occasion, we have failed to deliver this.

With regards to the cleanliness in your bedroom, I must apologise that these issues were not spotted when cleaning the room prior to your check in. There is certainly no excuse for the issues that were spotted. I would like to assure you that these problems are not a common occurrence.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas and, wherever possible, take the necessary actions to ensure problems can be avoided in the future.

On a final note, may I once again apologise for the shortcomings experienced during your short break in Leeds.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

I wasnt sure about this place after reading some of the reviews. Mainly the ones about it being old and smelly and dusty. Well, it was older than some hotels but it was sptolessly clean and very nice. The receptionist Matt was very friendly and helpful from the moment i arrived and even remembered my room number when i checked out! My only issue really with this hotel is the price of food! I ordered the cheapest meal on the menu for room service, a cheese burger and chips. It ended up costing me £17.50 after tray charges! Not good. Also i didnt like having to pay for parking. Those 2 issues might put me off returning even though the rest of the experience was excellent.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some good customer feedback.

Please be assured I have passed on your kind comments to Matt, as they serve as a great motivator.

As we are a city centre hotel, we do charge for car parking. We our rates are competitively priced though.

Guildford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

This is a good hotel and well located near the centre of Leeds. However some of the rooms are in need of refurbishment which makes the £114 a night price tag quite expensive for what you get. This carries over to the restaurant and car parks where you pay over the odds

The gym is excellent however and the location 10 mins walk from the station is good

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear Guest

Here at the Crowne Plaza Leeds we would like to think that all of our guests feel that the product they are receiving is value for money. I am sorry that you feel this is not the case in some respects.

If the company your work for is a regular corporate user of the hotel or hotels within the IHG group, you might like to enquire with our reservations team about setting up a corporate rate that you can take advantage of. They would be more than happy to discuss this with our sales team if there was a need.

On a final note, I look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Leeds in the near future.

Worksop, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

we've stopped here lots of times and have always enjoyed our stay, the staff really go out there way to do what ever they can to help, the food is very good and reasonable, the rooms are clean and well furnished with extra pillows, tea, coffee, you only need to pick up the phone and they will be delivered to your room right away, when we've stopped with the children its great to find out that they eat for free as long as you dine in the restaurant and the children's meals are very good as well, the city centre is just a short stroll from the hotel and the staff have a good knowledge of shops restaurants and bars, the swimming pool ,and steam room are a must after all that walking around the city, yes i always recommend this hotel to all my friends and they all come back with the same comments (great hotel)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you regularly return to the hotel.

Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

I stayed at the Leeds Crown Plaza last weekend for two nights. I was slightly anxious staying in a largish hotel on my own for 2 nights without my partner, but need not have worried. The staff were all lovely - very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable and the bathroom too. I ate in the restaurant one evening (after a long day spent at the nearby hospital) and the service and food were perfect. I didn't venture into the bar but tried room service on my second evening which was courteous and efficient. I used the swimming pool, steam and jacuzzi - great after a long day. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice. Seeing the NZ rugby team added to my appetite! The walk into town/station is an easy walk of about 10 minutes. I would stay here again and would like to explore more of Leeds. Taxis are efficient and cheap.

Thank you to the hotel for making me feel welcome as a solo female and I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Stayed on the fifth floor of the hotel in the corner. Could hear the road noise outside but no nois...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found that as a lone female traveller you were well looked after.

Crowne Plaza Leeds recently worked with a company called Maiden Voyage to ensure that our hotel was “female friendly”. We are currently one of their recommended female friendly hotels in Leeds.

Ruislip, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights as part of a family get together in October. The hotel is in a good location 10 minutes walk from the City Centre. Parking is available but as a number of people have stated previously you have to pay for this with a daily charge. The public areas of the hotel, with a mezzanine floor with extra seating above reception is very comfortable and a relazing place to be.The bedrooms are of a high standard and have no complaints or niggles. Breakfast both times was very good with plenty of choice and no shortage of food.We had one evening meal which was enjoyable with tasty options on the menu.
The pool is a reasonable size and a welcome facility to use after a long day.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank gwforceuk
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some good customer feedback.

I am delighted to read that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us, and that you had the chance to sample our Food and Beverage facilities as well as utilise our Pool.