“Surprisingly good after some of the reviews!”
Review of Crowne Plaza Leeds

Crowne Plaza Leeds
Ranked #19 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
Reviewed December 4, 2011

I wasnt sure about this place after reading some of the reviews. Mainly the ones about it being old and smelly and dusty. Well, it was older than some hotels but it was sptolessly clean and very nice. The receptionist Matt was very friendly and helpful from the moment i arrived and even remembered my room number when i checked out! My only issue really with this hotel is the price of food! I ordered the cheapest meal on the menu for room service, a cheese burger and chips. It ended up costing me £17.50 after tray charges! Not good. Also i didnt like having to pay for parking. Those 2 issues might put me off returning even though the rest of the experience was excellent.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some good customer feedback.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found that the hotel met with your expectations.

Please be assured I have passed on your kind comments to Matt, as they serve as a great motivator.

As we are a city centre hotel, we do charge for car parking. We our rates are competitively priced though.

Thank you again for choosing Crowne Plaza Leeds as your preferred hotel of choice and may I thank you again for your recommendation to future potential guests.

Reviewed November 25, 2011

This is a good hotel and well located near the centre of Leeds. However some of the rooms are in need of refurbishment which makes the £114 a night price tag quite expensive for what you get. This carries over to the restaurant and car parks where you pay over the odds

The gym is excellent however and the location 10 mins walk from the station is good

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
louisest, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Leeds, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback regarding your recent stay.

Here at the Crowne Plaza Leeds we would like to think that all of our guests feel that the product they are receiving is value for money. I am sorry that you feel this is not the case in some respects.

If the company your work for is a regular corporate user of the hotel or hotels within the IHG group, you might like to enquire with our reservations team about setting up a corporate rate that you can take advantage of. They would be more than happy to discuss this with our sales team if there was a need.

On a final note, I look forward to welcoming you back to Crowne Plaza Leeds in the near future.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

we've stopped here lots of times and have always enjoyed our stay, the staff really go out there way to do what ever they can to help, the food is very good and reasonable, the rooms are clean and well furnished with extra pillows, tea, coffee, you only need to pick up the phone and they will be delivered to your room right away, when we've stopped with the children its great to find out that they eat for free as long as you dine in the restaurant and the children's meals are very good as well, the city centre is just a short stroll from the hotel and the staff have a good knowledge of shops restaurants and bars, the swimming pool ,and steam room are a must after all that walking around the city, yes i always recommend this hotel to all my friends and they all come back with the same comments (great hotel)

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you regularly return to the hotel.

Reviewed November 19, 2011

I stayed at the Leeds Crown Plaza last weekend for two nights. I was slightly anxious staying in a largish hotel on my own for 2 nights without my partner, but need not have worried. The staff were all lovely - very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable and the bathroom too. I ate in the restaurant one evening (after a long day spent at the nearby hospital) and the service and food were perfect. I didn't venture into the bar but tried room service on my second evening which was courteous and efficient. I used the swimming pool, steam and jacuzzi - great after a long day. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice. Seeing the NZ rugby team added to my appetite! The walk into town/station is an easy walk of about 10 minutes. I would stay here again and would like to explore more of Leeds. Taxis are efficient and cheap.

Thank you to the hotel for making me feel welcome as a solo female and I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: Stayed on the fifth floor of the hotel in the corner. Could hear the road noise outside but no nois...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and found that as a lone female traveller you were well looked after.

Crowne Plaza Leeds recently worked with a company called Maiden Voyage to ensure that our hotel was “female friendly”. We are currently one of their recommended female friendly hotels in Leeds.

Reviewed November 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights as part of a family get together in October. The hotel is in a good location 10 minutes walk from the City Centre. Parking is available but as a number of people have stated previously you have to pay for this with a daily charge. The public areas of the hotel, with a mezzanine floor with extra seating above reception is very comfortable and a relazing place to be.The bedrooms are of a high standard and have no complaints or niggles. Breakfast both times was very good with plenty of choice and no shortage of food.We had one evening meal which was enjoyable with tasty options on the menu.
The pool is a reasonable size and a welcome facility to use after a long day.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank gwforceuk

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some good customer feedback.

I am delighted to read that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us, and that you had the chance to sample our Food and Beverage facilities as well as utilise our Pool.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Am a multi returning guest to the Crowne Plaza at Leeds. Rooms are very comfortable and the bedding is up to the usual high standard of extreme comfortableness found in all Crowne Plaza Hotels.

The restaurant on the ground floor can be a bit lonely some evenings but the food is good. Bar food is a bit hit and miss and can be rather slow.

Nice swimming pool.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you stay with us regularly and that you find our rooms and bedding comfortable. As you may know, this is due to the fact that all Crowne Plazas run a Sleep Advantage Scheme and our bedding and mattresses are of particular importance to us. This is to ensure our guests receive the best nights sleep possible.

Please be assured I will be passing on your comments to our Food and Beverage Manager with regards to our Bar food. I was sorry to hear that you feel the service in this area is not consistent.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

stayed at this hotel on Saturday night and was very impressed with the hotel, especially the day time reception staff. Must comment on the overnight one however, we were a party of 5 ladies age 43-53 and returned to the hotel at 2am, wondered whether we would be able to end the night with a nice hot drink and maybe a baileys, however the man in question was not at all happy that 1st we asked if bar open, then when we said we wanted hot drinks he said no he doesnt do them at night! You would think he woiuld have been glad of doing something, although he was sitting reading his paper! I have to say though he really was the grumpiest staff member ever, apart from that though hotel great.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank fieldhouse

Dear Guest

Here at the Crowne Plaza Leeds we strive to provide each of our guests with the highest level of service and customer care and I deeply regret that on this occasion, we seemed to have failed to deliver this during our night shift.

The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas and, wherever possible, take the necessary actions to ensure problems can be avoided in the future.

With regards to your comments about our night team member, I would like to apologise for the way in which you were treated. This is certainly not acceptable and I will be speaking with our Front Office Manager who will raise this with the individual in question.

On a final note, may I once again apologise for the shortcomings experienced during your short break in Leeds and I hope that we welcome you back to Crowne Plaza Leeds at some point in the future.