“Leeds stay”

Ranked #16 of 86 Hotels in Leeds
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Leeds stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Good budget hotel with excellent breakfast thrown in. On site parking only£3.50 if you are a loyalty club member. Clean comfortable and within walking distance of the town centre....about a mile. Rooms could do with a choice of pillows but other than that very good.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
JudithMillea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel and I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay. We should have a
choice of firm and soft pillows in the room and I wonder if the tags were missing on this occasion.
I apologise for this and thank you again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Rushden, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

The holiday inn express leeds is what you would expect from a holiday inn - clean, modern, comfy bed. Staff are friendly, and welcoming. Its called city centre, but is 20 min walk from town centre, with nothing around apart from a spar shop and lots of flats. The hotel overlooks a busy dual carriage way, so if you do not like traffic noise ask for a room not facing this. The company have changed their policy and now you have free wifi everywhere - which for a business traveller is welcomed.

Room Tip: Hotel overlooks busy dual carriage way, so ask for room on other side for a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Carole P
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at this hotel on the 17th October - staff could not do enough and room was spotless and so comfortable - many thanks.
First time we have ever stayed at a Holiday Inn Express but after this experience we will use this chain again.
We will definitely stay at the Leeds City Centre hotel again.
Well done and thank you

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I booked a room at this hotel because I was attending a concert at the arena and thought this would be a good place to stop over. Although the location says Leeds City Centre it is a bit out of the way, if you are traveling in by coach I would advise getting a taxi from Leeds coach station - I found this the easiest option. The hotel was very nice and the staff were helpful and friendly. There is no room service available but I ordered from the restaurant/bar and when my food was ready the staff called my room and I went down to collect it and take it back to my room, this was great as we were in a bit of a rush so we could eat and get ready at the same time! The rooms are very clean and quite spacious and the breakfast was basic but nice. I would stay here again

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from the car park, I was woken up by somebody continuously beeping their hor...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jennifer D
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Our hotel is located near to the new Leeds First Direct Arena which is a short taxi ride or a 15 minute
walk away.

I’m sorry you were woken up by a car horn; I believe this was a one-off caused by a taxi driver (not
from the hotel) who could not get out the car park barrier and thought it would be a good idea to
sound his horn! My team did deal with him at the time and report the incident to the firm
concerned.

bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Pleasant ladies on arrival (indeed YUM was the first impression!). Checked us in at 1345 vice 1400 without any commotion. Tidy well kept room, looked a bit bare in one corner though.

Night staff were humourous and happy when I wobbled back late which I thought was good especially when you consider the twits they usually have to deal with !

NO issues throughout stay at all. Breakfast was fine next morning despite us rising from our pits at 1045.

Well done folks, would deffo come back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed in this HI Express for 3 days while I was there on business trip. Was expecting similar experience as to another HI Express in London where I have been staying for long. Slightly disappointed on this account!

First location - though it claims to be in the "centre" but it hardly is. There are not many options nearby/on walking distance.

The rooms didn't look as clean and good as expected of HI. The day I arrived, the electric kettle was not working and it took half an hour for hotel to replace (initially they mentioned it will take 1 hour for someone to come and replace). Room cleaning was found wanting. On last day, house keeping staff didn't even keep proper towels.

Room space - Though the overall space was good, table space was too small that was provided in the room.

Breakfast, as usual with HI, wasn't too inspiring. In the name of standardisation, I believe, they have done a bad job. Yes, the breakfast is "free" but leaves much much to be desired!

Not sure of returning there!

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
JudithMillea, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds City Centre, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to record your comments following your recent stay with us. It is difficult for me to respond without knowing details of your stay but, as always, I would urge you to contact any member of my team when you are at the hotel so any problems can be resolved at the time.
Cheshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Friends and family stayed at this hotel last night and we could not fault the place, the staff were so friendly and helpful nothing too much trouble, will definitely be returning, very clean and a good breakfast thrown in. Very comfortable beds

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family