“Plesent Stay”

Ranked #40 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
London, United Kingdom
“Plesent Stay”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Clean rooms, decent size and quiet.
Staff helpful polite and friendly.
Breakfast nice addition for the price paid.
Car park just big enough
Would stay here again, and recommend to people visiting the area needing a convenient place to stay for Yorkshire sculpture triangle.

3 Thank TsLondon79
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words regarding our clean, spacious quiet guest rooms and helpful, polite and friendly staff. The hotel prides itself on high standards and I am delighted that we met your expectations and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my night here, the hotel was clean and look as if it had a recent refit, my room was adequate for my needs and was very clean and comfortable and a modern tv with a choice of pillows, wifi was too confusing for me, said it was free but the info pack states its to pay for, last holiday inn the wifi passwords where given to you within check in and they were not here , so rather did without as over the car park was beer and food care of Toby carvery and this made the trip for me as it was the best meal I had ever had in there outlets..
My room was down stairs at rear and was very quiet, no cars or traffic noise, heating works and made everything homely
Shame there was not a biscuit nibble with the complimentary drinks in room.
Breakfast was express ... Not a wide spread of choice ... But sausage beans and scrambled egg toast did me, good coffee and the option to take away if you wish
For the price I paid, and the service and quality of the room and facilities I had, with the breakfast, I think the company have got it right and probably less is actually more...
I can quite easily sacrifice soggy bacon and black pudding and other junk for breakfast for a comfortable nights rest

Quite happily stay here again ... If in area on business .......

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Radar-uk-2013
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review I was delighted to hear that you found your guest room clean, comfortable and modern and you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast.
I can confirm that wi-fi is free at the hotel and vouchers are given to guests upon request.
Once again thank you for your valuable comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
England
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Booked this for a quick trip to Leeds to see recently arrived granddaughter.
Easy to find, convenient for travel, and just right for what we wanted.
The rooms were clean and comfortable.
Hotel was quiet (our room was at the back) - no road noise.
Breakfast perfectly adequate - choice and facilities good
Staff on duty at breakfast excellent, re-stocking the buffet and clearing tables etc very efficiently.
Breakfast service area rather cramped, but plenty of tables available - no great problem
Hotel staff also polite and helpful on arrival.
Did not use adjacent restaurant - so cannot comment on that.
Would use again - and that's the best judgement I guess

Room Tip: Ask to a room at rear of hotel - away from the road/roundabout.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was pleased to hear that you found your guest room clean and comfortable and enjoyed our self service breakfast.
Thank you also for your kind words regarding excellent staff on duty at breakfast, the team will be delighted to receive your feedback and I will ensure your comments are passed on to them.
Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here for one night enroute to LeedsBardford airport, really easy to find at less than a mile from the M62. Rooms well equiped and clean. Toby carvery next door, so once parked no need to go anywhere else for a meal and a drink, that is if you don't mind pub grub

Room Tip: Entrance is rigjht on a roundabout, I missed and had to turn round
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am delighted to hear that you found our guest rooms well equiped and clean, the hotel prides itself on high standards and I am pleased that we met your expectations.
salford
Reviewed September 18, 2013

very helpful staff and rooms were lovely and clean pleasent stay i would definatly stay here again
the breakfast was wonderfully displayed, there was a wonderfull choice and it was plentiful ,it also tasted wonderfull. there was a nice italian resturant nearby which we visited

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 263val
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and I was delighted to hear that you had a pleasant weekend break. Thank you for your kind words regarding helpful staff, clean rooms and plentiful breakfast, the hotel prides itself on high standards and I am pleased that we met your expectations.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night whilst attending a wedding at Oulton Hall. The reception staff were very friendly and welcoming, the rooms were spotless clean and very modern. We got a choice of pillows, free wifi and a lovely comfortable bed - along with a very tasty breakfast the next morning - there was something for everyone .. Scrambled eggs, sausages, beans etc to yoghurts, cereal, croissants, muffins, toast and lovely latte coffee. I am quite a picky and fussy eater but there was nothing to complain about (which makes a change for me haha). It is a budget hotel but it didn't feel very budget to me and I would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Shazipants
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind words. I was delighted to hear that you found your guest room clean and modern and you enjoyed our self service breakfast.
Thank you also for your comments regarding our friendly welcoming reception staff I will certainly ensure that your lovely comments are passed on to the team.
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a 3 night stay and could not have been happier. We arrived quite early and weren't expecting to be able to check in but the very helpful and friendly receptionist said it was no problem and we checked straight in. The rooms are basic but clean and had everything we needed - including plenty of decaf coffee - a little thing but to someone who can't drink caffeine this is a big plus. We had requested a sofa bed and there was no bedding in the room but this was fixed within minutes after a quick call to reception.
Breakfast was qfar better than we had imagined - hot sausages, beans and scrambled eggs plus toast, cereals, croissants, yoghurts etc, all with plenty of sauces, jams and condiments. As previously mentioned these were kept topped up continuously and there was plenty of room to sit.
We were planning to use the hotel as a base for going to York for a couple of days (excellent park and ride sites just 25 minutes away) but found there were so many other attractions nearby that we only ended up spending one day there.
The toby carvery is literally on the doorstep and there is an excellent pub for food, the Three Horseshoes, just a short walk away.
Whilst having breakfast on the second morning I heard others saying they were really impressed and would stay again - we're definitely in agreement and are already trying to decide when we can go back!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rachel G
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to write a review. I was pleased to hear that you found our receptionist helpful and friendly and you were able to check in early, wherever possible we do allow our guests to check in prior to arrival time if rooms are available. I was also pleased to hear that you found your guest room clean with 'everything you needed, and you enjoyed our self service breakfast
Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Reception.