“Excellent stay with our baby”

Holiday Inn Express Leeds East
Ranked #43 of 87 Hotels in Leeds
North Yorks
“Excellent stay with our baby”
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed staying here. We attended a wedding over the road at Oulton Hall during the day. The hotel room was spacious and nicely decorated. Everything was modern. There was tea and coffee in the room (but no biscuits). We stayed on the ground floor and the room was nice and quiet at night over looking fields. Breakfast was pastries, scrambled eggs, sausages and beans with toast, cereals, yogurts and fruit. The cooked breakfast was really good and I had a lovely hot chocolate for my morning drink (they also did tea & coffee) :) The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to hear that you had an pleasant stay and found our guest rooms spacious and modern and you enjoyed the buffet breakfast.
Thank you also for your comments regarding friendly and helpful staff I will ensure your comments are passed on to the team.
We look forward to welcolming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have stayed here twice before and the stay has been great. Exactly as it should be clean, nice rooms and nice staff.

I stayed in April after being unable to get a hotel room in the centre of Leeds I managed to get the last room here. I checked in about 6 and the staff were nice and quick. I was advised I had a disabled room with wet room, no problem at all stayed in plenty of these before and no issues.

I literally had time to open the door and throw my bags in the room as the taxi into town was already outside.

I got back to the hotel after midnight and got into the room. As per the norm, nice room and clean until i go to the bathroom. The shower area was disgusting. Please see the pics, the drain was so choked with hair and fluff that the rest of the bathroom flooded when in use. Dirty moulded tiles. Really not the standard that the Holiday Inn has shown in the past. Anyway i already knew it was the last room and it was well past bed time.

The bed was clean and comfortable and the room was quiet until the morning when the usual sound of doors etc... started.

Breakfast was quite poor. The hot food was not great looking at all and the scrambled eggs i had i assume were make from powder from a packet.

At check out i didnt complain about the shower. It was early and i just needed to be out and on my way so I cannot say how the hotel would have handled my complaint but thats my fault and i entirely accept that. However surely the cleaning staff should take one look at that shower drain and see that it is completely unacceptable?

3 stars out of 5 as previous visits have been great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Firstly I would like to apologise regarding the shower area within your guest room, I was horrified by the photographs taken and I would like to thank you for bringing the matter to my attention as I can now investigate the cleaning schedule in place during your stay. Please be assured that guest rooms are cleaned and maintained to high standards and unfortunately this fell below a satisfactory standard during your visit.
The cooked breakfast is standard and of high quality and I am sorry that you found it unsatisfactory during your stay, I would also like to reassure you that our scrambled egg is cooked fresh and not from powder. If we are aware of imperfections we would always rectify the problem.
Once again thank you for bringing these matters to my attention to enable me to investigate and I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Hykeham,Lincoln
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We spent a lovely night at the hotel last week whilst visiting Leeds. We have stayed here before a few years ago and it is still as good. It has very friendly helpful staff and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. The breakfast is a help yourself and offers very good value as included in the price of the room. It is a way out from the centre of Leeds but we caught a bus at the end of the road and seems to be a very good bus service. We had a meal at the next door Toby Carvery which was also very good. All in all a good overnight hotel especially if you get a good rate. Many thanks to all the staff and well done. Look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jeanHykeham_lincoln
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay, I was delighted to hear that you found our guest rooms clean and comfortable and the breakfast buffet good value, we strive to provide high standards at great value and I am pleased that we met your expectations.
Thank you also for your kind words regarding the friendly helpful staff I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the team.
Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Fab hotel !! Everything you need !! Great for when coming out of town as easy links off motorway.

Clean, modern and friendly staff. And always very good rates as its couple of minutes outside city centre.
The female receptionist with glasses and short blonde hair is always really lovely stayed her 5 times and she always leaves a good impression and chats to us when checking in !!

Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Fayep88
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments and for taking the time to write a review. I was delighted to hear that you found our guest rooms clean and modern. The hotel prides itself on high standards at good value rates and I am pleased that we met your expectations. Thank you also for your comments regarding the reception staff I will certainly ensure that your comments are passed on to the team.
London
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Great location out of town about a mile from Woodlesford train station for trains to Leeds and beyone. Friendly staff. The rooms have heaters and windows (that open). You get a comfortable bed, clean bathroom, heating and ventilation. All that you've ever wanted. Stay here before the idiots at Holiday Inn decide to downgrade it by removing the heating!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent stay. I was delighted to hear that you found the guest rooms clean and comfortable, the hotel prides itself on high standards and I am pleased that we met your expectations.
Also thank you for your kind comments regarding friendly staff I will ensure your comments are passed on to the team.
Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review guest feedback is always appreciated.
Scotland
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here after checking other places, next time i will check here first, rooms were warm comfortable, staff were brilliant, efficient and friendly, and the carvery nxt door was great for food and drinks. We will definately be staying here again. We were in a car visiting friends and family and it's only a short ride to Leeds city centre and there's lots of places to visit nearby if you want. couldn't find any faults at all with this place. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review . I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and found our guest rooms warm and comfortable and the staff efficient and friendly I am pleased that we met your expectations. I will ensure that your comments regarding the staff are passed on to the team.

Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We were there for just a night stop over. We selected this hotel because we wanted to have dinner at "Prashad" an Indian Restaurant at BD11 1AT which has outstanding reviews.
The dinner was fabulous, in fact the best we have had in UK so far.
The staff is very friendly. The receptionist helped my wife with the bags and also printed out the directions for Prashad.
Room size is a tad small for 3 persons... otherwise the hotel is clean and good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
HIE_LeedsEast, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Leeds East, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review I was delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff been helpful and very friendly, I will ensure that your comments are passed on to the team.
I was sorry to hear that the guest room size was too small for your needs but thank you for your feedback which is always appreciated in order for us to review and improve our policies and procedures.